inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Honestly, its hard to believe people were born in and after the 2000s

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/01/18 at 11:19 pm

I was just watching Friday After Next and the acting is so wacky, almost unreal and timeless. The 2000s are starting to come off as the fictional decade that was just one big gigantic movie, music video.

I can't comprehend how the 2000s even happened anymore.

Subject: Re: Honestly, its hard to believe people were born in and after the 2000s

Written By: mwalker1996 on 09/02/18 at 1:47 pm

Yeah. the fact we lived through that decade makes it special to us because kids today view 2000s tech as ancient. I suprisely had a very intelligent conversation with a 2009 born. He knows so much about wrestling to where most adults would be shocked.  I met some really intelligent 2000s borns lately and it's crazy that there were in diapers when we where in school.

Subject: Re: Honestly, its hard to believe people were born in and after the 2000s

Written By: Dundee on 09/02/18 at 2:31 pm

Crazy huh :P? Putting on some vhs on and seeing old tech like Nokia brickphones and hearing kitch like "Dragostea Din Tei" and "Yeah!" and other relics like baggy clothing is such a wild feeling each time ;D

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/02/18 at 4:45 pm

I was just watching Friday After Next and the acting is so wacky, almost unreal and timeless. The 2000s are starting to come off as the fictional decade that was just one big gigantic movie, music video.

Whats so hard to believe?

Written By: 2001 on 09/02/18 at 5:20 pm

Tbh I can't either. I look at old pictures and think "Did we really dress like that? Was I even alive then?" ;D

Written By: John Titor on 09/02/18 at 6:13 pm

The 2000s were like another world, they really were lol  2010s and 2000s before 2008 are night and day

Friday after next screams 2002

Written By: John Titor on 09/02/18 at 6:14 pm

Yeah. the fact we lived through that decade makes it special to us because kids today view 2000s tech as ancient. I suprisely had a very intelligent conversation with a 2009 born. He knows so much about wrestling to where most adults would be shocked.  I met some really intelligent 2000s borns lately and it's crazy that there were in diapers when we where in school.

lets all be lucky we got to witness prime 2000s

Written By: John Titor on 09/02/18 at 6:18 pm

Whats so hard to believe?

Movies like American Pie 2 and Friday After Next really scream the cheese of the early 2000s, it really
looks like it could have been 30 years ago.

Written By: piecesof93 on 09/02/18 at 6:53 pm

Movies like American Pie 2 and Friday After Next really scream the cheese of the early 2000s, it really
looks like it could have been 30 years ago.

It's cheese but I love it and miss it.

Written By: John Titor on 09/02/18 at 8:11 pm

It's cheese but I love it and miss it.

me 2, lets all have a dream about 2002 tonight

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/02/18 at 9:05 pm

me 2, lets all have a dream about 2002 tonight

Blade Trinity and Soul Plane are other personal examples of how fictional the 2000s were. I can remember a regular day in 04 and now it feels like film and every day real life crossed over with each other.

Its amazing, honestly.

Written By: piecesof93 on 09/02/18 at 9:54 pm

Blade Trinity and Soul Plane are other personal examples of how fictional the 2000s were. I can remember a regular day in 04 and now it feels like film and every day real life crossed over with each other.

Its amazing, honestly.

I think it feels that way because the early 2000s were so immersed in celebrity culture. I mean we still are today but it feels different. IMO back then, celeb culture still felt like "classic" celebrity culture, all grandiose and bigger than life. You had glam rap, mtv cribs, Pimp My Ride, grand performances at the VMA, BET and AMA awards, etc. Pop culture just felt bigger than life and fictional like you said.

iduAKdvJlcE

Written By: John Titor on 09/02/18 at 9:56 pm

Its amazing, honestly.

I get what you are saying, I have said this on the board before, The early 2000s felt DREAM LIKE
and this is what I mean lol Every day felt like a movie or very situational movie like, like just exisiting
in the 2000s felt like u were trapped in a movie or something lol

Like every day was like American Pie 2, or Next Friday or Malcolm in the Middle

Written By: John Titor on 09/02/18 at 9:57 pm

I think it feels that way because the early 2000s were so immersed in celebrity culture. I mean we still are today but it feels different. IMO back then, celeb culture still felt like "classic" celebrity culture, all grandiose and bigger than life. You had glam rap, mtv cribs, Pimp My Ride, grand performances at the VMA, BET and AMA awards, etc. Pop culture just felt bigger than life and fictional like you said.

iduAKdvJlcE

Lets put it this way, culture back then was more immersed, I remember the day after the 2001 VMAS and my dumb ass Science teacher was like
KIDS did you see what Britney had on her shoulder the snake!  Thats how intune popular culture was then

Pop Culture WAS life

Written By: mwalker1996 on 09/02/18 at 11:16 pm

We are starting to view the 2000s simlar to how people viewed the 90's back in 2010. The 2000s (at least the latter half of it) still feels recent because of high speed Internet, social media, Youtube and 7th gen gamming. The early 00s feels pretty retro at this point,  2003 was 15 years ago so it's safe to say that the early 00s is in the same vain as the 90's when it comes to being throwback.

Written By: JD120300 on 09/03/18 at 1:41 am

I was born in 2000 ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/03/18 at 7:12 am

I was born in 2000 ;D ;D ;D

Same :P

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/03/18 at 8:49 am

This sound so accurate all of a sudden. Haha Your absolutely correct tho. It was extremely cool to have a celebrity idol then.
I get what you are saying, I have said this on the board before, The early 2000s felt DREAM LIKE
and this is what I mean lol Every day felt like a movie or very situational movie like, like just exisiting
in the 2000s felt like u were trapped in a movie or something lol

Like every day was like American Pie 2, or Next Friday or Malcolm in the Middle

You definition see it, which I appreciate. Its not even hard to unnoticed with how scripted everyday life felt then. Haha
We are starting to view the 2000s simlar to how people viewed the 90's back in 2010. The 2000s (at least the latter half of it) still feels recent because of high speed Internet, social media, Youtube and 7th gen gamming. The early 00s feels pretty retro at this point,  2003 was 15 years ago so it's safe to say that the early 00s is in the same vain as the 90's when it comes to being throwback.

This sound believable. I mean, its doubtful teens today look at the 2000s as "modern." I hope the 2000s make it difficult in some way for most to see it as completely disconnected tho. In some categories, the decade should get a pass.

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 09/10/18 at 2:24 pm

Honestly, its hard to believe people were born in and after the 2000s

It is certainly very, very, strange.

To me 2000 something is still the current era. Like If I see someone with the username "something rather 2002" for a second I assume they are 5 or 6, then I realise they are 16! :o

I remember filling out website forms for proof of age and 1990 being the latest year you could go to!

I find it so odd that someone born in 2000 is now an adult, or even a teenager for that matter.

I remember when if you were born in the late 80s then you were the up and coming "millennial" generation, who was the greatest hope, who could do no wrong, who would harness the power of technology for the future.

We were the "teenagers that adults don't understand" now there is another generation of "teenagers that adults don't understand"!

And so the cycle continues!

It's so strange to see your generation growing up, especially from such a modern era as the 2000s, where not a lot has changed since.

Written By: John Titor on 09/10/18 at 2:32 pm

To me 2000 something is still the current era. Like If I see someone with the username "something rather 2002" for a second I assume they are 5 or 6, then I realise they are 16! :o

I remember filling out website forms for proof of age and 1990 being the latest year you could go to!

I find it so odd that someone born in 2000 is now an adult, or even a teenager for that matter.

I remember when if you were born in the late 80s then you were the up and coming "millennial" generation, who was the greatest hope, who could do no wrong, who would harness the power of technology for the future.

We were the "teenagers that adults don't understand" now there is another generation of "teenagers that adults don't understand"!

It's so strange to see your generation growing up, especially from such a modern era as the 2000s, where not a lot has changed since.

there is someone on this board with 2002 in their username and they are like 28 or something

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 09/10/18 at 3:10 pm

Nostalgia seems to come in cycles. The 80s started to become nostalgic in pop culture in the late 90’s with movies like The Wedding Singer. Similarly, 00’s nostalgia is starting to get big now in the late 10’s.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 09/10/18 at 3:22 pm

Nostalgia seems to come in cycles. The 80s started to become nostalgic in pop culture in the late 90’s with movies like The Wedding Singer. Similarly, 00’s nostalgia is starting to get big now in the late 10’s.

Romy and Michele's High School Reunion came out in 1997.

I would say that 80's nostalgia began there.

Written By: Dundee on 09/10/18 at 4:36 pm

This post almost reads like an oxymoron coming from someone called "2000s Nostalgiaist". Unless your username is ironic or something..?

Written By: DellFan99 on 09/10/18 at 9:41 pm

'00s nostalgia is not as big as 90s nostalgia from the late 2000s/early 2010s though. Although it's bigger than when I started to become nostalgic for my childhood in 2014.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 09/10/18 at 9:42 pm

'00s nostalgia is not as big as 90s nostalgia from the late 2000s/early 2010s though. Although it's bigger than when I started to become nostalgic for my childhood in 2014.

I just hope that we won't be as bad as the 90's kids when it comes to this.

Written By: exodus08 on 09/10/18 at 11:19 pm

Born after the 00s?

Written By: duenas8 on 09/11/18 at 1:07 am

iduAKdvJlcE

That "classic" celebrity culture was everywhere in the 2000's. From magazines, reality shows, movies, you could hear people talking about Paris Hilton, Britney Spears etc. Since the rise of social media, there was a shift on how people becomes famous. Getting likes, hearts, followers or other viral button in these fake virtual systems

Written By: mwalker1996 on 09/11/18 at 10:52 am

This sound so accurate all of a sudden. Haha Your absolutely correct tho. It was extremely cool to have a celebrity idol then.
You definition see it, which I appreciate. Its not even hard to unnoticed with how scripted everyday life felt then. Haha
This sound believable. I mean, its doubtful teens today look at the 2000s as "modern." I hope the 2000s make it difficult in some way for most to see it as completely disconnected tho. In some categories, the decade should get a pass.
Yeah the 2000s feels different for sure. I guess the technology gap between the 10s and 00s feels bigger than the one of the 90s and 00s. In the 00s while the internet was used most people used it casually compared to today, cell phones were very basic but commonly used, phonebooks was still common and television was still the primary source of entertainment.

Written By: SpyroKev on 02/24/19 at 11:01 am

Another reason to believe the 2000s were the fictional decade, a handful of artists had quirky, less serious stage names. Ludacris, 50 Cent, Nelly, The Game, Missy Elliott, Omarion, etc.

While some of them debuted in the previous decade, they still were in their primes in the 2000s and represent the decade's peak.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 02/24/19 at 2:34 pm

Another reason to believe the 2000s were the fictional decade, a handful of artists had quirky, less serious stage names. Ludacris, 50 Cent, Nelly, The Game, Missy Elliott, Omarion, etc.

While some of them debuted in the previous decade, they still were in their primes in the 2000s and represent the decade's peak.
Yeah the lil trend started to really become common at the time as well with beginning in the mid 90s with lil Kim and contuning into the new milenium with lil Wayne, Lil Zane, Lil Bow Wow, Lil Romeo, etc which many of today's rappers do today.

Written By: Dundee on 02/24/19 at 2:48 pm

I don't think there's anyone born after the 2000s on this board yet though. Granted the oldest will only turn 9 this year, so there's still some margin. Would be interesting to have people fully disconnected from the first decade of the millenium here though.

Written By: shadowcookie on 02/24/19 at 2:49 pm

I don't think there's anyone born after the 2000s on this board yet though. Granted the oldest will only turn 9 this year, so there's still some margin. Would be interesting to have people fully disconnected from the first decade of the millenium here though.

They’ll view the 2000s the way I view the 80s. :o

Written By: SpyroKev on 02/24/19 at 3:52 pm

Yeah the lil trend started to really become common at the time as well with beginning in the mid 90s with lil Kim and contuning into the new milenium with lil Wayne, Lil Zane, Lil Bow Wow, Lil Romeo, etc which many of today's rappers do today.

The 2000s also established the "Young" trend with Young Buck, Jeezy and Young Jock.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 02/24/19 at 4:00 pm

The 2000s also established the "Young" trend with Young Buck, Jeezy and Young Jock.
Oh yea true. I forgot the 00s had youngs as well. A lot of today's rappers are influenced by 2000s hip-hop

Written By: piecesof93 on 02/24/19 at 7:59 pm

I can't believe people who were single digits in 2009 and are teens today.  :o

Written By: mwalker1996 on 02/24/19 at 8:17 pm

I can't believe 2009 borns are hitting their double digits.

Written By: duenas8 on 02/24/19 at 8:37 pm

I can't believe 2009 borns are hitting their double digits.

Think about 2010-2011 borns are about to hit their double digits  :o :o :o

Written By: exodus08 on 02/24/19 at 10:06 pm

Just think when we're in the mid-20s kids born in the Late 00s - Early 10s will be on here.  :o

Written By: floppy on 02/24/19 at 10:56 pm

I agree.

Written By: Dundee on 02/25/19 at 2:18 am

Well some are even adults now

Written By: shadowcookie on 02/25/19 at 12:12 pm

Just think when we're in the mid-20s kids born in the Late 00s - Early 10s will be on here.  :o

And us 90s babies will be progressing through our 30s.

My sister born in 1986 will be middle aged in 2026. I’m not ready for 80s babies to turn 40.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/25/19 at 1:02 pm

My sister born in 1986 will be middle aged in 2026. I’m not ready for 80s babies to turn 40.

Take it from an old person. You kind of get used to all this eventually. I remember when I thought it was unbelievable that people born in the SEVENTIES were suddenly 18 or so!  But you never completely get used to it.  There's an old saying "I have socks older than that!". Sometimes now when I see an 18 or 20 year old I realize I may not have socks older than that (socks generally don't last all that long), but I definitely have shirts that are. Nice shirts too. Still very stylish!  ;D

Written By: mwalker1996 on 02/25/19 at 1:22 pm

I know what you mean. The fact people that age aren't considered millennials anymore by the general public is mind-blowing. Back in the early 10s they were the quintessentialy gen Y

Written By: Dundee on 02/25/19 at 2:39 pm

Yo watch me be in my twenties until the late 2020s 8)

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 02/26/19 at 4:38 pm

I know what you mean. The fact people that age aren't considered millennials anymore by the general public is mind-blowing. Back in the early 10s they were the quintessentialy gen Y

Ummm.... they still are ???

Its just that the generation is aging.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 02/26/19 at 7:04 pm

When people say millennial they only talk about 90s borns. Most 80s borns talk crap about millennials these days.

Written By: Zelek3 on 02/26/19 at 7:44 pm

I think he's referring more to how people these days think Millennials are like 13, or mistake them for Gen Z, because the media janked up the Millennials term really badly (although this is slowly changing, as many people have learned about Gen Z throughout 2018-2019).

Written By: exodus08 on 02/26/19 at 8:14 pm

When people say millennial they only talk about 90s borns. Most 80s borns talk crap about millennials these days.

I can agree on 90s borns being different from 1980-1985 borns but I think most 1986-1989 agree that can relate to 1990-1993 borns.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 02/26/19 at 8:19 pm

I can agree on 90s borns being different from 1980-1985 borns but I think most 1986-1989 agree that can relate to 1990-1993 borns.
True but still the common thing millennials share was growing up in the 90s. People forget that millemials were growing in an analog world.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/02/19 at 6:00 pm

I know! It's crazy how much time went quickly. I can't believe they are teens now and some of them are even adults. It seems like yesterday they were either babies or just being born.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 03/02/19 at 7:20 pm

I know! It's crazy how much time went quickly. I can't believe they are teens now and some of them are even adults. It seems like yesterday they were either babies or just being born.
Soon we'll be saying that about 10s borns. I remember when I was growing up everyone adult I knew was surprised to see me hit my teens. Now we got college kids who don't remember life pre-2000

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/02/19 at 8:20 pm

Soon we'll be saying that about 10s borns. I remember when I was growing up everyone adult I knew was surprised to see me hit my teens. Now we got college kids who don't remember life pre-2000
Yep. That's going to make a ton a people feel old.

Written By: 2001 on 03/09/19 at 4:43 am

I just realized 2003 borns (10 years younger than me) are 16 now, and that's blowing my mind. I was 16 just a minute ago :o

Written By: JackSepton on 03/09/19 at 4:44 am

I just realized 2003 borns (10 years younger than me) are 16 now, and that's blowing my mind. I was 16 just a minute ago :o

and people born in 2001 are allowed to drive

Written By: cowboy on 03/09/19 at 5:06 am

Not to feel old you have to try to avoid getting stuck in the "only listening/watching/liking things from my childhood/teens" mentality. I discovered so much great music in 2008-2013 when I was well past my teens (1988 born). Now I miss that era as much as I miss 1992-1995 (late 90s/early 00s culture was not my cup of tea). 8)

Too bad trap is objectively not very good and the political situation also suck$ today so it's hard not to look back and just enjoy the present. But even now there are some songs on the radio I look forward to hearing.

Written By: cowboy on 03/09/19 at 8:22 am

Now this is not a very nice way to call people. Spreading begativity, eh? It's also offensive to real clowns (clowning is a form of art). Don't be such a toxic person!

I remember 1992 vaguely fyi. I remember the TV shows shown in 1992-1995 like Rescue Rangers, War of the worlds, Captain Planet, ALF (rerun), TMNT cartoon, the Gummy bears, Cheers (also in reruns). I even remember some TV commercials from 1993 and 1994.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 03/09/19 at 11:53 am

Not to feel old you have to try to avoid getting stuck in the "only listening/watching/liking things from my childhood/teens" mentality. I discovered so much great music in 2008-2013 when I was well past my teens (1988 born). Now I miss that era as much as I miss 1992-1995 (late 90s/early 00s culture was not my cup of tea). 8)

Too bad trap is objectively not very good and the political situation also suck$ today so it's hard not to look back and just enjoy the present. But even now there are some songs on the radio I look forward to hearing.
True, I play fortnite with a 2007 born and his mom is not much older than me (she's a 93 born). I'm use to interacting with 00s borns, but I was bit stunned by that fact but he said something interesting "that shouldn't make you feel old it should make you feel young".  Since entering my  20's most of my friends have been minors lol. I always get people surprised when I tell people I'm 22. Every kid thinks I look younger.

Written By: JackSepton on 03/09/19 at 12:11 pm

Now this is not a very nice way to call people. Spreading begativity, eh? It's also offensive to real clowns (clowning is a form of art). Don't be such a toxic person!

I remember 1992 vaguely fyi. I remember the TV shows shown in 1992-1995 like Rescue Rangers, War of the worlds, Captain Planet, ALF (rerun), TMNT cartoon, the Gummy bears, Cheers (also in reruns). I even remember some TV commercials from 1993 and 1994.

how can you remember 92 vaguely when you were born in 1988? Nicole1977 can remembers EVERYTHING from age 3 in 1980 because shes an ultimate 80s kid http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/inthe90s/smf/1293764034.shtml

how do you think it makes those born in 1987 feel when you type like that?

Written By: shadowcookie on 03/09/19 at 1:33 pm

True, I play fortnite with a 2007 born and his mom is not much older than me (she's a 93 born). I'm use to interacting with 00s borns, but I was bit stunned by that fact but he said something interesting "that shouldn't make you feel old it should make you feel young".  Since entering my  20's most of my friends have been minors lol. I always get people surprised when I tell people I'm 22. Every kid thinks I look younger.

Some of my friends from school have kids. Seeing the people you grew up with having children of their own is pretty wild..

Written By: cowboy on 03/09/19 at 2:50 pm

I was more surprised tha she had a kid at 14. :o

Written By: shadowcookie on 03/09/19 at 2:51 pm

I was more surprised tha she had a kid at 14. :o

It happens. I know someone born in 1985 who has a kid born in 1999.

Written By: cowboy on 03/09/19 at 3:00 pm

I am envious actually. I feel bad being 30 and not even married. :\'(
Shouldn't have wasted my time.

Written By: shadowcookie on 03/09/19 at 4:30 pm

I am envious actually. I feel bad being 30 and not even married. :\'(
Shouldn't have wasted my time.

You shouldn’t be envious of people having kids st 14. That’s silly.

Shouldn’t have wasted your life? Dude, you’re 30. Most of your life is ahead of you. Being unmarried at 30 is normal these days. You’re young and have time to find someone.

Written By: 2001 on 03/09/19 at 4:33 pm

I'm pretty sure the average marrying age for men is 32 or thereabouts in Western Europe and Canada (I know in the US people get married young). The majority of men aren't married at 30; you're not alone. ;D

Written By: shadowcookie on 03/09/19 at 4:35 pm

I'm pretty sure the average marrying age for men is 32 or thereabouts in Western Europe and Canada (I know in the US people get married young). The majority of men aren't married at 30; you're not alone. ;D

In the UK it’s around 31 for women and 33 for men. No doubt it will get higher still.

Written By: cowboy on 03/09/19 at 5:55 pm

Yeah and if you have a child in your 30s or 40s you'll be like 45-60 (getting old and tired), having a teenager at home going through the motions. If I had a 15 year old child now, after a couple of years we could hit the discos together and have lots of fun. A 45-60 year old going to discos and watching Disney Channel would be kinda weird. But hey I watched Ben 10 and Disney Channel in my late teens and early 20s, so you never know. It was like I had a second take at being a pre-teen haha. I miss the late 2000s and early 2010s like I'm 10 years younger really as I was very into most trends.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 03/09/19 at 5:57 pm

True especially in the South. Lots of my high school classmates are married and have children.  Because the US has the lowest cost of living throughout the developed world people tend to settle down a lot younger. My cousin who's 2 months younger than #Infinity is married and have a 2-month-old baby. 

Written By: 2001 on 03/09/19 at 6:04 pm

Yeah and if you have a child in your 30s or 40s you'll be like 45-60 (getting old and tired), having a teenager at home going through the motions. If I had a 15 year old child now, after a couple of years we could hit the discos together and have lots of fun. A 45-60 year old going to discos and watching Disney Channel would be kinda weird. But hey I watched Ben 10 and Disney Channel in my late teens and early 20s, so you never know. It was like I had a second take at being a pre-teen haha. I miss the late 2000s and early 2010s like I'm 10 years younger really as I was very into most trends.

You're not going to the discothèque with your teenage kid no matter what age you are ;D

I did watch Disney shows with my little sisters while babysitting them (they are 12.5 years younger than me). I only enjoyed a vanishingly few amount of them, but it did keep me hip with the kids for a few more years I guess.

Written By: 2001 on 03/09/19 at 6:07 pm

True especially in the South. Lots of my high school classmates are married and have children.  Because the US has the lowest cost of living throughout the developed world people tend to settle down a lot younger. My cousin who's 2 months younger than #Infinity is married and have a 2-month-old baby.

I also feel like there's more emphasis on family and expected roles down there. Over here, many people don't get married or have kids at all and just cohabitate indefinitely. We call them "common law marriages" (living with someone unrelated for 2 years basically gets counted as marriage by the law).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common-law_marriage

Written By: karen on 03/13/19 at 12:43 pm

You're not going to the discothèque with your teenage kid no matter what age you are ;D

I did watch Disney shows with my little sisters while babysitting them (they are 12.5 years younger than me). I only enjoyed a vanishingly few amount of them, but it did keep me hip with the kids for a few more years I guess.

My kids said I wasn't to say this in public.

I do have to thank various people on these boards for keeping me on trend with various band names.  I've been able to answer some obscure trivia questions from my teenage son, just because I read the name on here.

Written By: Zelek3 on 03/14/19 at 5:33 am

I'm kinda feeling too old for most of the Internet nowadays. I see all these new memes about "2000-2003 born babies are the best, we had Minecraft and iCarly, not Fortnite and Jake Paul" and it makes me feel old because I actually consciously remember those years 2000-2003. ;D Of course that's what everyone older goes through. Guess it's time to pass the torch to Early Gen Z.

Written By: shadowcookie on 03/14/19 at 10:38 am

I'm kinda feeling too old for most of the Internet nowadays. I see all these new memes about "2000-2003 born babies are the best, we had Minecraft and iCarly, not Fortnite and Jake Paul" and it makes me feel old because I actually consciously remember those years 2000-2003. ;D Of course that's what everyone older goes through. Guess it's time to pass the torch to Early Gen Z.

Internet culture is undeniably Gen Z now. I don’t recognise memes anymore, and they don’t make sense anyway. My mind is stuck in the days of rickrolling and rage comics.

And yeah people born in the early 2000s are getting really nostalgic. They talk about 2012 like it was a long time ago.

Written By: cowboy on 03/14/19 at 11:04 am

How can they be nostalgic for their middle school days? I thought middle school sucks, no matter what the pop culture is. :o

Written By: mwalker1996 on 03/14/19 at 1:02 pm

Lol kinda interesting you say that because just a few years ago slowpoke said he was one of youngest users on inthe00s despite being 22 at the time he joined. I personaly use to being around 2000s borns, I think it's cool that we have more teens on here, early teens at that. Had I joined here back in 2009/10 I probably would've felt like a fish out of water since there was a strong hate for the 2000s on the internet back then.

Written By: shadowcookie on 03/14/19 at 2:09 pm

Lol kinda interesting you say that because just a few years ago slowpoke said he was one of youngest users on inthe00s despite being 22 at the time he joined. I personaly use to being around 2000s borns, I think it's cool that we have more teens on here, early teens at that. Had I joined here back in 2009/10 I probably would've felt like a fish out of water since there was a strong hate for the 2000s on the internet back then.

I would say this forum skews older, or it used to. Most forums do, because young people don’t use them as much.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 03/15/19 at 12:09 am

8-P :P 8-P :)
This site does have an older demographic compared to popedia (owned by Sharksfan99) and Personality Cafe however in the past 2 years you seen an explosion on 2000s borns on the site. I remember reading these threads back in high school and most of the users tend to be over 25. The youngest users were usually in their late teens so it was a lot of backlash regarding youth culture since most of the users were past their teens. More users on here embrace current pop-culture than they did 5-10 years ago.

Written By: iZay on 04/06/19 at 12:04 pm

I definitely feel like one of the youngest on this forum (born 1999). I just found out about this forum 2 months ago and have been lurking until now. Most people here are in their late 20s - late 30s it seems.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 04/06/19 at 8:12 pm

I definitely feel like one of the youngest on this forum (born 1999). I just found out about this forum 2 months ago and have been lurking until now. Most people here are in their late 20s - late 30s it seems.
You a few on that are younger than you like Rainvowz (born in 2002), Early10skid (born in 2004), Longaotion (born in 2000). You have lots of 2000+ babies on here but just aren't as active as the 80s and 90s babies besides Rainbowz and Longaotion.

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 04/13/19 at 2:52 am

This post almost reads like an oxymoron coming from someone called "2000s Nostalgiaist". Unless your username is ironic or something..?

No, what I meant was, I am nostalgic for the 2000s, but I wasn't born in the 2000s. The 2000s were my youth, now long gone, which is why I am nostalgic for the culture of back then.

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 04/13/19 at 3:00 am

You shouldn’t be envious of people having kids st 14. That’s silly.

Shouldn’t have wasted your life? Dude, you’re 30. Most of your life is ahead of you. Being unmarried at 30 is normal these days. You’re young and have time to find someone.

I feel kinda the same although I don't want to get married, I wish I'd had a few girlfriends by 30 although I've had nothing.

It is mainly because I was socially anxious in my teens and 20s. I've taken steps to improve that in the past 18 months (approaching women, but that's a different story) but I wish I was a few years younger.

Edit: Here's an interesting experiment, go back to some old threads from 2006-2012 and see what they were complaining about back then.

Written By: cowboy on 04/14/19 at 9:43 am

Children born in 2008-2014 must be special. Especially these born in 2013. Same is true for late 70s/early 80s born.

On a side note, it must be good to be born in a good era for music, so that means 1940 to 1985 and 2008-2014. I'd rather have Don't You Want Me, Money For Nothing or Get Lucky as the #1 song on the charts on my birthday than some cheesy late 80s or 90s song to be honest. Most of the big hits in 1986-1989 were forgettable.

Written By: Catherine91UK on 05/05/19 at 9:34 am

It seems weird that in a few months' time, there will be adults who were born after 9/11!

Written By: exodus08 on 05/05/19 at 1:07 pm

It seems weird that in a few months' time, there will be adults who were born after 9/11!

By 2020, kids born in 2002 will be 18 years old aka Adults. Let that sink in!  :o

Written By: mwalker1996 on 05/05/19 at 7:34 pm

By 2020, kids born in 2002 will be 18 years old aka Adults. Let that sink in!  :o
Even better, 2000 borns would be 20 next year.

Written By: 2001 on 05/06/19 at 9:04 pm

Even better, 2000 borns would be 20 next year.

You mean, even worse ? ;D

Written By: Longaotian00 on 05/07/19 at 5:21 pm

You mean, even worse ? ;D

Shutup grandpa.

Written By: 2001 on 05/07/19 at 6:03 pm

Shutup grandpa.

Let me share with you my wisdom, young padawon. 🍀 Shut up is two words.

Check for new replies or respond here...