inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Music Video Cinematography post 9/11 (color schemes)

Written By: John Titor on 09/16/18 at 3:27 pm

Something I noticed post 9/11, that music videos took on this Cold  muted grey/blue aesthetic, did anyone else notice this?
Ill list a few examples of this trend that lasted until 2005, when music videos became more Green/yellow hued.

Not every video used this color, but I would say about 50% of the videos at the time did.

PmXN1TS8AOU

2dH289KxkGw

Subject: Re: Music Video Cinematography post 9/11 (color schemes)

Written By: duenas8 on 09/16/18 at 11:58 pm

I’ve also noticed something like, that was the same period when emo started to rise. I don’t think it’s a coincidence, very different color tone in comparison with Y2K though

Subject: Re: Music Video Cinematography post 9/11 (color schemes)

Written By: John Titor on 09/17/18 at 10:38 am

I’ve also noticed something like, that was the same period when emo started to rise. I don’t think it’s a coincidence, very different color tone in comparison with Y2K though

Well emo didn't start really getting into effect until late 2004, if you mean that pop punk vibe kicking into full spin then yes,  I noticed so many
videos just looked cold, but the vibe wasn't cold it has personality, I think the post 9/11 vibe really was starting to show its face around this time.
The whole y2k color tone of shiny metal and Sony Vaio fonts had overstayed it's welcome at the time. I welcomed the change to be honest with you.
It was a breath of fresh air for pop culture, it really did help in establishing the early 2000's vibe.

Check for new replies or respond here...