inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best year of music: 2005, 2006, or 2007?

Written By: doublejm1 on 11/18/18 at 1:02 pm

Which of these years do you feel saw the best music?

I'll go first.

I'm going to say it's a near tie between 2005 and 2007.

I observed that many of the artists who released an album in 2005 did so again in 2007 (Rihanna, Kanye West, 50 Cent, Chris Brown, T-Pain, Trey Songz, Pretty Ricky, Fallout Boy).

2006 conjures up Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, Nelly Furtado, Beyonce, The Fray, Panic at the Disco, and a slew of ringtone rappers like Yung Joc. There just didn't seem to be as much variety -- or at least as many hits -- in 2006.

Although there was no Mariah Carey, Green Day, or Pussycat Dolls in 2007, I think that year featured a wide array of catchy songs, including "Bed" by J Holiday, "Buy U A Drank" by T-Pain, "Low" by Flo Rida, "Umbrella" by Rihanna, "Ayo Technology" by 50 Cent, "The Way I Are" by Timbaland, "Stronger" by Kanye West, and "Like A Boy" by Ciara.

So while 2005 offered more variety, 2007 was probably a better year for the hip hop/R&B genre overall.

What's your opinion?

Subject: Re: Best year of music: 2005, 2006, or 2007?

Written By: John Titor on 11/18/18 at 2:00 pm

Which of these years do you feel saw the best music?

I'll go first.

I'm going to say it's a near tie between 2005 and 2007.

I observed that many of the artists who released an album in 2005 did so again in 2007 (Rihanna, Kanye West, 50 Cent, Chris Brown, T-Pain, Trey Songz, Pretty Ricky, Fallout Boy).

2006 conjures up Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, Nelly Furtado, Beyonce, The Fray, Panic at the Disco, and a slew of ringtone rappers like Yung Joc. There just didn't seem to be as much variety -- or at least as many hits -- in 2006.

Although there was no Mariah Carey, Green Day, or Pussycat Dolls in 2007, I think that year featured a wide array of catchy songs, including "Bed" by J Holiday, "Buy U A Drank" by T-Pain, "Low" by Flo Rida, "Umbrella" by Rihanna, "Ayo Technology" by 50 Cent, "The Way I Are" by Timbaland, "Stronger" by Kanye West, and "Like A Boy" by Ciara.

So while 2005 offered more variety, 2007 was probably a better year for the hip hop/R&B genre overall.

What's your opinion?

then followed by 2006

Check for new replies or respond here...