inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Most annoying Youtube comment?

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 11/21/18 at 3:22 am

What is it with the Youtube "commentator community" that is so annoying ::)
The last few years have seen commentators simply posting the current date, with a question mark and then waiting for people to reply to it.

When this trend started, they at least used to say, "Who's watching in 20xx" but now they just post the date without even bothering with the first bit.

And before that it was those ridiculously elaborate copy and paste pictures of tanks and helicopters because of Google wanting to change the comments section or something.

You would have thought people would post stuff related to the video in the comments section but that seems to be a thing of the past.

In fact, I can't remember what the comments section even used to be like when Youtube started, maybe people never posted anything relevant, I can't remember.

Subject: Re: Most annoying Youtube comment?

Written By: 2001 on 11/21/18 at 4:58 am

Pretty sure it was always a poop hole. I remember downloading comment blockers as early as 2010 :P

LOL do you remember this? Because I do ;D

https://www.mattcutts.com/blog/youtube-adds-read-comment-aloud-feature-from-xkcd/

Written By: piecesof93 on 11/21/18 at 7:09 am

The Anthony Fantano comment section.

Also, those pseudo compassionate comments:

"I know no one will read this but I just want to let you know you're beautiful and I love you!" 

Written By: piecesof93 on 11/21/18 at 7:15 am

That stupid iStone comment.

"I'm listening to this song in 1753BC from my iStone!"

Written By: Howard on 11/21/18 at 8:00 am

The Anthony Fantano comment section.

Also, those pseudo compassionate comments:

"I know no one will read this but I just want to let you know you're beautiful and I love you!"

I see it almost all the time and I find it stupid. ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/21/18 at 8:09 am

What is it with the Youtube "commentator community" that is so annoying ::)
The last few years have seen commentators simply posting the current date, with a question mark and then waiting for people to reply to it.

When this trend started, they at least used to say, "Who's watching in 20xx" but now they just post the date without even bothering with the first bit.

And before that it was those ridiculously elaborate copy and paste pictures of tanks and helicopters because of Google wanting to change the comments section or something.

You would have thought people would post stuff related to the video in the comments section but that seems to be a thing of the past.

In fact, I can't remember what the comments section even used to be like when Youtube started, maybe people never posted anything relevant, I can't remember.
I never read the comments, I just watch the videos.

Written By: Dundee on 11/21/18 at 10:05 am

I read YouTube comments occasionaly when I want to make fun of the stupidity, lack of humor and general death of originality.

"This is Gil
Gil is 1 year old
1 like = 1 added year"

"1970: I bet we'll have flying cars by 2018!
2018: Top 10 tricks to make fluffy slime"

::) ::) ::)

Written By: wixness on 11/21/18 at 10:35 am

Anything that mentions race, gender, religion or derides cultural liberalism. Basically, YT comments makes the place look like it's filled to the brim with fascist scum. The company are blinded by their greed to the point that their comments are worse than on Reddit due to sheer lack of moderation and due to YouTube's more mainstream target.

Written By: annimal on 11/21/18 at 10:54 am

I don't read the comments

Written By: wsmith4 on 11/21/18 at 11:54 am

Every comment I ever leave on Youtube receives thousands or even millions or billions of likes.

Written By: duenas8 on 11/25/18 at 11:48 am

Those comments which say “First” and they’re not even close to be the first comment

Written By: SpyroKev on 11/25/18 at 3:49 pm

The company are blinded by their greed to the point that their comments are worse than on Reddit due to sheer lack of moderation and due to YouTube's more mainstream target.

A suggestion that's noticeable but, YouTube and moderation is next to impossible.

Written By: SpyroKev on 11/30/18 at 12:26 pm

Honestly tho, pedophile comments need to shut the ** up. You are not helping the victims case, constantly repeating what's already been said by the reporters. If you just shut up about it, the victim can heal faster.

Check for new replies or respond here...