inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: thank u, next: A Tribute to the Early 2000s

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 12/02/18 at 8:30 pm

Its no longer a question of "if", the 2000s are now officially nostalgic. This is especially true for the first half of the decade:

gl1aHhXnN1k

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Jennifer-Garner-Reaction-Thank-U-Next-Music-Video-45542765

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/What-Movies-Ariana-Grande-Thank-U-Next-Video-45540110

Subject: Re: thank u, next: A Tribute to the Early 2000s

Written By: John Titor on 12/02/18 at 9:37 pm

Its no longer a question of "if", the 2000s are now officially nostalgic. This is especially true for the first half of the decade:

gl1aHhXnN1k

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Jennifer-Garner-Reaction-Thank-U-Next-Music-Video-45542765

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/What-Movies-Ariana-Grande-Thank-U-Next-Video-45540110

the 2000s have been nostalgic and back since 2017 lmao

Written By: Zelek3 on 12/03/18 at 2:09 am

Not that surprising. The nostalgia cycle is speeding up so much that now you see people on other sites say they miss even the early 2010s or you hear Early Zoomers say "Back in my day we had Minecraft not Fortnite" unironically. Social media is making things so fast that 6 seconds ago will be nostalgic 6 seconds later.

Written By: Dundee on 12/03/18 at 5:17 am

Well Mean Girls is mid-2000s technically, and with all the reboots, remakes and various fashion revivals the 00s start to feel like an anomaly to the 20 year cycle (which should have been the mid-2020s as the major starting point).
And despite all of this, amazing how 90s kids are still trying hard to ignore, believing there's a glitch in the nostalgia matrix for the 00s and putting their fingers in the ears and going lalala. But for a fact they're shaking lol

Anyway, cool video clip, it's like having a fever dream of gloss and bedazzling. And the song is still a massive jam.

Written By: wsmith4 on 12/03/18 at 8:44 am

You are not allowed to be nostalgic for anything less than 20 years old.  It is against national law and I will start enforcing it soon with arrests and incarcerations.

Written By: SpyroKev on 12/03/18 at 11:37 am

I got a YouTube recommendation for it but I didn't think to click it. Haha Its great to know.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 12/03/18 at 2:54 pm

You are not allowed to be nostalgic for anything less than 20 years old.  It is against national law and I will start enforcing it soon with arrests and incarcerations.

Try me bitch ;)

Written By: wsmith4 on 12/03/18 at 2:57 pm

Try me bitch ;)

You cusser.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 12/03/18 at 2:58 pm

Well Mean Girls is mid-2000s technically, and with all the reboots, remakes and various fashion revivals the 00s start to feel like an anomaly to the 20 year cycle (which should have been the mid-2020s as the major starting point).
And despite all of this, amazing how 90s kids are still trying hard to ignore, believing there's a glitch in the nostalgia matrix for the 00s and putting their fingers in the ears and going lalala. But for a fact they're shaking lol

Anyway, cool video clip, it's like having a fever dream of gloss and bedazzling. And the song is still a massive jam.

I agree. It always seemed like 80s babies had this weird sort of jealousy against us 90s babies. For how much they brag about being "90s KIDS!!!", they don't ever miss the opportunity to gloat about the glory days of the early 00s, when Britney & Justin were an item, as well. Like they're trying to claim everything in their existence is theres. When we reminisce on the 2000s as kids, they seem to always get really triggered and are quick to judge that as "Sh!t" or "INFERIOR TO THE GREATNESS OF THE 1990s!!!!".... like guys it's not that serious ;D.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 12/03/18 at 5:51 pm

Just don't impose executions.

Written By: 2001 on 12/03/18 at 6:23 pm

I'm not sure it counts as 2000s nostalgia. Mean Girls has always been a cult classic.

Written By: Dundee on 12/04/18 at 12:30 am

I'm not sure it counts as 2000s nostalgia. Mean Girls has always been a cult classic.
I mean she deliberately picked four movies to parody which are equally given screen time, and those 4 movies are all from the 2000s. That's fair to assume that this is purposefuly a tribute to 00s culture.

If she threw Clueless or an early 10s teen movie into the mix I would have agree with you but she did not ;D

Written By: 2001 on 12/04/18 at 5:08 pm

I mean she deliberately picked four movies to parody which are equally given screen time, and those 4 movies are all from the 2000s. That's fair to assume that this is purposefuly a tribute to 00s culture.

If she threw Clueless or an early 10s teen movie into the mix I would have agree with you but she did not ;D

Lol my bad I could only stand a minute of that song and only saw Mean Girls.  :-X

Written By: Dundee on 12/04/18 at 5:59 pm

Also that clip is such a gif-factory

https://thefader-res.cloudinary.com/private_images/c_limit,w_1024/c_crop,h_378,w_762,x_0,y_-9/w_300,c_limit,f_auto,q_auto:eco/9_id9kit/9_id9kit.gif

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 08/18/19 at 2:36 am

Now you got Normani from Fifth Harmony in her breakout hit 'Motivation':

FKXSh14svlQ&frags=pl%2Cwn

Also this article right here details all of her throwbacks:

https://ew.com/music/2019/08/17/normani-motivation-music-video-homages/

FYI, 106&Park and TRL were also my sh!t back in the day 8). I used to watch those blocks everyday after school with my older siblings. Music videos like Kelly Rowland's 'Dilemma', or Nelly's 'Hot in Here', just bring back so many great memories.

Written By: DisneysRetro on 09/12/19 at 10:12 pm

Now you got Normani from Fifth Harmony in her breakout hit 'Motivation':

FKXSh14svlQ&frags=pl%2Cwn

Also this article right here details all of her throwbacks:

https://ew.com/music/2019/08/17/normani-motivation-music-video-homages/

FYI, 106&Park and TRL were also my sh!t back in the day 8). I used to watch those blocks everyday after school with my older siblings. Music videos like Kelly Rowland's 'Dilemma', or Nelly's 'Hot in Here', just bring back so many great memories.

Me and Normani are the same age except I’m a year younger than her. I liked her video but I grew up with AJ and Free being on 106 and park. Also I miss TRL so so much. My mom was always watching TRL. I can’t believe I still remember it. When I was in 1st or second grade I used to watch The Box waiting for Beyoncé’ lmao... The pre youtube days !  :P

Check for new replies or respond here...