inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2007 Nostalgia

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 12/21/18 at 6:44 am

I desperately miss 2007. I was 8 years old, so I don't know much about what life was like besides formative memories. This is a thread dedicated to the year.

The reason that I miss it a lot is because viacom forced a YouTube Poop out of existence that year, and it was one that I haven't seen a trace of since. At the same time, it was one of my favorite ones. I do remember some songs from that year that I still love listening to, and songs from before then, but I want to listen to more than I may have remembered. I didn't have much awareness of the more mature-rated video games, and any reference to such games, as well as other forms of art I may have missed, are appreciated.

One of my favorite songs I heard on the radio during that year - If Everyone Cared by Nickelback.

Subject: Re: 2007 Nostalgia

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 12/21/18 at 6:53 am

I was also 8 years old in 2007. 2007 would personally have to be my favourite childhood year, for a number of reasons. Not only did I go with my Mum to see Linkin Park perform at the Sydney Entertainment Centre (it was my first, and so far only, live concert), but it was also the year that I fell in love for the first time and I generally just have a lot of great memories from that year.

Written By: shadowcookie on 12/21/18 at 9:37 am

I was an awkward 12 year old.. the less said, the better.  :-X

Written By: John Titor on 12/21/18 at 11:08 am

I desperately miss 2007. I was 8 years old, so I don't know much about what life was like besides formative memories. This is a thread dedicated to the year.

The reason that I miss it a lot is because viacom forced a YouTube Poop out of existence that year, and it was one that I haven't seen a trace of since. At the same time, it was one of my favorite ones. I do remember some songs from that year that I still love listening to, and songs from before then, but I want to listen to more than I may have remembered. I didn't have much awareness of the more mature-rated video games, and any reference to such games, as well as other forms of art I may have missed, are appreciated.

One of my favorite songs I heard on the radio during that year - If Everyone Cared by Nickelback.

I was like what 18 that year so I can fill you in bullet points

- The year started off feeling like 2006 did
-Apologize by Timbaland and One Republic is played in every CVS store you can imagine
- Facebook blows up around March in the North East Jersey suburbs
- Myspace faces a virus and lots of spam takes over, Myspace is still popular
- Donald Trump is in the main event of Wrestlemania
- Britney Shaves her head and goes crazy
- TMZ launches it's tv show
- TRL ratings plummet, many articles come out saying MTV will cancel it
- TV takes a nose dive in April, it gets really bad.
- Playstation 3 is sitting in stores not selling
- Auto Tunes starts getting more popular
- 50 Cent falls off
- Iphone is released and creates this Dark & Digital atmosphere
- Chris Beniot kills himself and Wrestling falls off for awhile
- Scene emerges from EMO
- Spiderman 3 has massive hype but a week later is panned by everyone

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 12/21/18 at 12:06 pm

I was like what 18 that year so I can fill you in bullet points

- The year started off feeling like 2006 did
-Apologize by Timbaland and One Republic is played in every CVS store you can imagine
- Facebook blows up around March in the North East Jersey suburbs
- Myspace faces a virus and lots of spam takes over, Myspace is still popular
- Donald Trump is in the main event of Wrestlemania
- Britney Shaves her head and goes crazy
- TMZ launches it's tv show
- TRL ratings plummet, many articles come out saying MTV will cancel it
- TV takes a nose dive in April, it gets really bad.
- Playstation 3 is sitting in stores not selling
- Auto Tunes starts getting more popular
- 50 Cent falls off
- Iphone is released and creates this Dark & Digital atmosphere
- Chris Beniot kills himself and Wrestling falls off for awhile
- Scene emerges from EMO
- Spiderman 3 has massive hype but a week later is panned by everyone

Interesting stuff! Thanks!

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/21/18 at 1:49 pm

Out of interest, it was on this date (December 21st) in 2007, that at the age of 81 years, 244 days, Queen Elizabeth II became the oldest ever reigning British monarch, surpassing Queen Victoria who was aged 81 years, 243 days upon her death on January 22, 1901.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 12/21/18 at 2:45 pm

Out of interest, it was on this date (December 21st) in 2007, that at the age of 81 years, 244 days, Queen Elizabeth II became the oldest ever reigning British monarch, surpassing Queen Victoria who was aged 81 years, 243 days upon her death on January 22, 1901.

Wow

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/21/18 at 2:46 pm

Wow
...and she is still reigning today.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 12/21/18 at 2:48 pm

...and she is still reigning today.

Indeed...

Written By: John Titor on 12/21/18 at 9:57 pm

2007 is a low ranking year
will never make my top 5

Written By: Slim95 on 12/22/18 at 3:02 am

I was 12 and yeah I miss 2007 a lot as well now. It was the best year of the 2000s for me, arguably the best year of my life.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/22/18 at 3:05 am

That year (2007) brings back the memory of being made redundant for work, I did not complain, it lead me to a better job, and I was able to enjoy the summer more.!

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 12/22/18 at 6:00 pm

I was 12 and yeah I miss 2007 a lot as well now. It was the best year of the 2000s for me, arguably the best year of my life.

Y'know, some of the memories I have from that year were going to video rental stores (with my family). I miss those places...

Written By: Dundee on 12/22/18 at 8:26 pm

2007 was a fun year. As a tween it was the year I really get into Disney Channel-type of shows like Hannah Montana and Zack & Cody and obviously High School Musical, I have no regrets ;D

Even one of the most overplayed song of that year was this:
Bg59q4puhmg

So I heavily associate the year with Disney Channel

Written By: 2001 on 12/22/18 at 9:07 pm

I was 14. 2007 was really meh for me but looking back on it, it was a very interesting and unique year. Really stands out in the 2000s.

Written By: Dundee on 12/22/18 at 9:25 pm

I was 14. 2007 was really meh for me but looking back on it, it was a very interesting and unique year. Really stands out in the 2000s.
What do you think of the fashion of back then? :o

https://cdn1.thr.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/landscape_928x523/2013/12/amanda_bynes_clothing_line_2007.jpg

Written By: 2001 on 12/22/18 at 11:00 pm

https://cdn1.thr.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/landscape_928x523/2013/12/amanda_bynes_clothing_line_2007.jpg

ZOMGZ, that's exactly how the girls in my class dressed in the late 2000s and it was rarely captured in the "atmosphere" threads ;D I thought it was actually really nice. The male fashion of spikey hair, button up shirt two sizes too large, baggy jeans and worn out running shoes though was very mehhh. And popped collars were still going where I was. It was starting to get better compared to the rest of the 2000s, but 2008/2009 were even better :P

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 01/14/19 at 10:52 pm

Can someone tell me some mid-2000s holdovers present in 2007?

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 01/15/19 at 8:32 am

Safiya Nygaard did a great nostalgic rundown of some of the most popular trends from 2007:

9QL0zfWOKzc

It's so 'noughties' it hurts ;D.

Written By: shadowcookie on 01/15/19 at 10:10 am

Those outfits remind me of the Sims 2 H&M stuff, released in the same year.

https://iv1.lisimg.com/image/498705/640full-the-sims-2%3A-h%26m-fashion-stuff-cover.jpg

Written By: Dundee on 01/15/19 at 3:10 pm

It's so 'noughties' it hurts ;D.
I loved that video, the first outfit was especially a big throwback ;D. I would have loved if she did the haircuts more fitting (missing side bangs and the fluffy emo hair, and maybe some chunky highlights when we're at it), but besides that it's top-notch.

Written By: mc98 on 01/15/19 at 3:31 pm

I loved that video, the first outfit was especially a big throwback ;D. I would have loved if she did the haircuts more fitting (missing side bangs and the fluffy emo hair, and maybe some chunky highlights when we're at it), but besides that it's top-notch.

I do miss the side bangs that the girls have in the late 00s and early 10s.

Check for new replies or respond here...