inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Early 2000s Appreciation Thread

Written By: Slim95 on 02/03/19 at 2:53 am

This thread is dedicated to the most amazing era ever, the early 2000s. Post all your memories, photos, memorabilia, etc from the early 2000s 2000 - 2003 (numerical). This era was truly magical, I would never imagine as a kid growing up in that era that I would one day look back to that time with such awe.

The time when you had one cell phone in each family with basic calls and no text, when Britney Spears was always on the cube TV and the radio, when getting on your white CRT computer with Windows 2000 on it was considered "cool", when having 3-way calls with your friends on the landline like Miranda, Gordo, and Lizzie was every kid's dream, when you finally got MSN messaging on slow internet and were considered the popular kid if you had MSN, kick ass commercials on the TV, when kids were actually playing outside, collecting CDs and cassette tapes, VHS and DVDs.... I can talk about the early 2000s all day long I miss it so much I would do anything to go back and relive this era again.

Subject: Re: Early 2000s Appreciation Thread

Written By: SpyroKev on 02/03/19 at 8:57 am

There's many early 2000s topics man. Haha When I feel old tho, I just think about, I didn't completely miss the early 2000s. The 2000s in general is a era I would never want to miss and glad I didn't.

Written By: mc98 on 02/03/19 at 9:15 am

The earliest year I could remember was 2000 but I wish I was a kid or teen in the early 2000s.

Written By: Slim95 on 02/03/19 at 1:09 pm

The earliest year I could remember was 2000 but I wish I was a kid or teen in the early 2000s.

It was an amazing time. I was 5 - 8 years old and it was awesome.

Written By: Slim95 on 02/03/19 at 1:48 pm

Yass @ 2003 being part of the early 00s

I don't want to get into decadeology arguments so I am using the numerical years as those are facts and there are no arguments but I think everyone knows where I stand on that but we won't get into that lol.

Written By: Slim95 on 02/03/19 at 2:12 pm

There's many early 2000s topics man.

I've been feeling very nostalgic lately for some reason and have been spending a lot of time watching old videos on YouTube that were popular in my childhood. That's what inspired this thread.  :P But we need to keep the nostalgia going on this forum there isn't enough!

Written By: shadowcookie on 02/03/19 at 2:46 pm

I was 5-8 too and this is definitely the period of my life that I’m most nostalgic for right now.

Written By: d90 on 02/03/19 at 4:38 pm

I had so much fun in the 1990s and early 2000s.
Block Buster Video sold Pokemon room greeters that would interact when you passed by them. I had  Charamander and I still to this day have a Squirtle room greeter.
General Mills cereals came with free CD games like Amazon Trail, Scrabble, Chutes and Ladders, and Carmen Sandiego

Check for new replies or respond here...