inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2000s Museum

Written By: SpyroKev on 02/14/19 at 10:12 am

I was in the mall yesterday at Macy's and I started to see that malls are basically 2000s museums. I also went to a game room section recent and they had a screen playing r&b/hip hop music videos, Mesmerize by Ja Rule, Soldier Destiny's Child.

This isn't also to say a 2000s museum wouldn't be sick.

Subject: Re: 2000s Museum

Written By: Slim95 on 02/15/19 at 12:10 am

I think of 2000s museums as these...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/Ein_Harod_Museum_exhibition_hall_2000s.jpg

Rooms full of postmodern art junk.  :P

I think malls are relevant even today it's just that "mall culture" and the mall being a cool place was a 2000s thing. But I don't see malls in general going away anytime soon.

Written By: KatanaChick on 02/15/19 at 10:08 am

I think of 2000s museums as these...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/Ein_Harod_Museum_exhibition_hall_2000s.jpg

Rooms full of postmodern art junk.  :P

I think malls are relevant even today it's just that "mall culture" and the mall being a cool place was a 2000s thing. But I don't see malls in general going away anytime soon.

You can also find that postmodern junk at the mall in stores that sell decor!  :D

Nobody really "hangs out" at the mall. It's kind of lame to do that in the first place when there are parks and places outdoors. I go to malls to shop. I do understand the trend of having plazas instead of large shopping malls where you access everything indoors. It's inconvenient to walk from one end to the other, upstairs and down. The only good thing is when weather is bad you're not in it.

Written By: 2001 on 02/15/19 at 11:50 am

Me and my friends still hang out at the mall every now and then.  :-X We mostly check out the electronics stores and Asian import stores, but do clothes every now and then too.

It helps that Toronto Eaton's Centre and Yorkdale have subway stops under them, so they're convenient meetup/parting locations.

Written By: KatanaChick on 02/15/19 at 12:09 pm

Me and my friends still hang out at the mall every now and then.  :-X We mostly check out the electronics stores and Asian import stores, but do clothes every now and then too.

It helps that Toronto Eaton's Centre and Yorkdale have subway stops under them, so they're convenient meetup/parting locations.

Our mall got an Asian import store not long ago and it's not the best. Tons of wide open space and the items are kind of...eh. I can find better stuff at Sleeping Tiger. Plus Asian import stores don't tend to stick around long.

Check for new replies or respond here...