inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Reality Tv in the '20s

Written By: exodus08 on 02/24/19 at 10:14 pm

For me It has. It has been good since the 00s and I'm so over the Kardashians and no talent people making money (I don't care about if they have a business).

Subject: Re: Reality Tv in the '20s

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/25/19 at 4:50 pm

It overstayed its welcome about 20 years ago.

Written By: bchris02 on 02/25/19 at 10:36 pm

I would say its 'time' was the 2000s.  I watched Survivor religiously up until the 2008 season and then I lost interest in it.  Was never big on the Kardashians but I did like the Simple Life with Paris Hilton back in 2003, mostly because it was filmed about 40 minutes or so from where I live.  One thing I will credit the Kardashians with is making Bruce Jenner popular enough for people to actually care about him.  If not for that, we wouldn't have had Caitlyn Jenner's public transition in 2015.  I think no matter your opinion on Caitlyn Jenner, love her or hate her, her public transition was extremely important to the story of the 2010s.

Written By: Howard on 02/26/19 at 7:09 am

There were programs such as Survivor and Big Brother and a few others during the late 90's- early 2000's, I think it's overstayed it's welcome long time ago and no one is interested in these type of shows where competing for a certain prize is possible.

Written By: mc98 on 02/26/19 at 11:46 am

I would say its 'time' was the 2000s.  I watched Survivor religiously up until the 2008 season and then I lost interest in it.  Was never big on the Kardashians but I did like the Simple Life with Paris Hilton back in 2003, mostly because it was filmed about 40 minutes or so from where I live.  One thing I will credit the Kardashians with is making Bruce Jenner popular enough for people to actually care about him.  If not for that, we wouldn't have had Caitlyn Jenner's public transition in 2015.  I think no matter your opinion on Caitlyn Jenner, love her or hate her, her public transition was extremely important to the story of the 2010s.

A lot happened in June 2015.

Check for new replies or respond here...