inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The 90s early 2000s gradient.

Written By: GameXcaper on 05/27/19 at 1:35 pm

I didn't know whether or not I should post this on this board or the 90s but I guess I chose this. I've noticed that I see certain colors representing certain decades. For the 80s it was mostly sunset colors, night colors and neon colors like sky blue and pink or purple. But for the 90s and early 2000s, it was a sky gradient going from a dark deep blue to a light blue, a saturated version of the sky.

You'll find many examples of this including:

-The original PS2's highlights

-The one piece logo (made in 1997)

-Sky color in many games from the time(Obviously, but a lot more saturated), like Jet Set Radio, Sonic Adventure 2 etc.

-The ultra saturated sky in DBZ, and other 90s anime

-The game Drift Stage(Which is a parody of late 80s-early 90s racing games) has a sky just like this

-The windows border in Windows 98, and the sky behind the Windows 95 and 98 logos

-The Sky in the Azul and bliss wallpapers for Windows XP, along with the taskbar, and many other things

+many other things.

Anyways it may sound like I'm nitpicking it out, but I wouldn't be doing so unless I didn't notice it so often.

Post any other examples that you can think of or have seen.

Check for new replies or respond here...