inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What were your favorite shows as a child?

Written By: ejay2003 on 05/28/19 at 5:33 pm

This question might have been asked already, but I'm new to the thread and I would like to know some your thoughts. I'm an early 2003 baby so my shows may different to the majority.  When I was 3-4 years old mine were Arthur, Spongebob, Blues Clues, and Max and Ruby. When I was 5-9 Naruto, Shippudden, DBZ Kai, Ed Edd Eddy, KND, iCarly, Drake and Josh, Phineas and Ferb, Chowder, and Regular Show. What about you guys?

Subject: Re: What were your favorite shows as a child?

Written By: annimal on 05/28/19 at 6:48 pm

I only know who Spongebob is

Written By: mqg96 on 05/28/19 at 7:43 pm

Anything on Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and Disney (both networks) between 2001-2006. The golden age of kids networks died out over a decade ago, but kids entertainment in general today is still great for the new generation who have so many platforms where they can watch stuff.

Written By: piecesof93 on 05/28/19 at 9:42 pm

Soooo many to list but I'll start...

Sailor Moon, Pokemon, DBZ, Dexter's Lab, Pinky & The Brain, Cow & Chicken, Rockos Modern Life, Hey Arnold, Johnny Bravo, Jimmy Neutron, Powerpuff Girls, Fairly Odd Parents, Ren & Stimpy, Ed Edd n Eddy, Great Big Book of Everything, Out of the Box, Little Bear/Little Bill, Lizzie McGuire, Rocket Power, Rugrats, Aww Real Monsters, The Wild Thornberries, The Proud Family, Kim Possible,  Two Angry Beavers, All That, Tom & Jerry, Baby Looney Tunes, Mike's Super Short Show, Yu Gi Oh, Spongebob, CatDog, As Told By Ginger, etc

Man I miss this era of television

Written By: GuapitoChico on 05/28/19 at 9:46 pm

Same as mqg96, but 2002-2007 for me.

Think along the lines of the later seasons of Dexter's Laboratory and the first episodes of Phineas and Ferb.
My ultimate cartoons, however, would be the likes of Codename: Kids Next Door & Chalkzone.

Written By: annimal on 05/29/19 at 8:16 pm

cow and chicken?  sounds like dinner

Written By: 2001 on 05/29/19 at 8:34 pm

cow and chicken?  sounds like dinner

Didn't you say you have a crush on Red Guy?

Written By: annimal on 05/29/19 at 8:44 pm

I'm going to hit him good

Written By: Dundee on 05/30/19 at 8:52 pm

Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Ed, Edd and Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Malcolm in the Middle, Kids Next Door, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, The Last Airbender, The Simpsons and Naruto.

I used to be a big sucker for Sponge Bob, but the internet completely ruined it for me.

Written By: 2001 on 05/30/19 at 9:10 pm

Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Ed, Edd and Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Malcolm in the Middle, Kids Next Door, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, The Last Airbender, The Simpsons and Naruto.

I used to be a big sucker for Sponge Bob, but the internet completely ruined it for me.

How did the Internet ruin Sponge Bob? :o

I thought most of the memes were funny (except the Caveman which I still don't get)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/31/19 at 7:10 am

How did the Internet ruin Sponge Bob? :o
Was the the Spongebob movie good to watch?

Written By: mqg96 on 05/31/19 at 7:59 am

SpongeBob Squarepants was never my favorite nicktoon, and neither was Rugrats. My favorites were Hey Arnold and Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/31/19 at 8:27 am

It seems everybody took the word outside of my mouth for cartoons ;D.

I'll bite though, I can list you some of my favorite sitcoms I used to watch as a kid; Malcom In The Middle, That 70s Show, Full House, Boy Meets World, Home Improvement, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, F*R*I*E*N*D*S, Frasier, Everybody Loves Raymond, King of Queens, Sister Sister, Smart Guy, Everybody Hates Chris, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Will & Grace, among many others.

I also was a big fan of many live action shows on various kid networks such as; Drake & Josh, Kenan & Kel, The Amanda Show, Caitlin's Way, Degrassi: The Next Generation, Zoey 101, Ned's Declassified: School Survival Guide, and All That on Nickelodeon. Not to mention; Even Stevens, Lizzie McGuire, Phil of the Future, That's So Raven, and The Suite Life of Zack & Cody on Disney Channel.

Written By: 2001 on 05/31/19 at 8:28 pm

The 2004 movie? I loved it! I haven't watched the recent one though.

Written By: annimal on 06/01/19 at 9:43 pm

Don't Just Sit There

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/04/19 at 7:56 am

Yeah, I was still young enough to watch cartoons for the first few years of the '00s, so the '00s kids shows that I like are mostly the shows still airing then, most of which actually premiered back during the '90s. DBZ, Pokemon, Hey Arnold, and stuff like that.

Written By: GeekyAlgorithm on 01/31/20 at 3:56 pm

SpongeBob, Teen Titans, Justice League, the Toonami between the show TOM stuff (like Trapped in Hyperspace), Harvey Birdman, DBZ, Astro Boy, Cyborg 009, Sabrina: The Animated Series, Sailor Moon, Invader Zim, Rocko's Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy, ChalkZone, The Angry Beavers, Rugrats, Aaaah Real Monsters, CatDog, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Blue's Clues, Zoom, Superman: The Animated Series, Batman: The Animated Series, and many many more...

Written By: DisneysRetro on 02/02/20 at 7:29 pm

It seems everybody took the word outside of my mouth for cartoons ;D.

I'll bite though, I can list you some of my favorite sitcoms I used to watch as a kid; Malcom In The Middle, That 70s Show, Full House, Boy Meets World, Home Improvement, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, F*R*I*E*N*D*S, Frasier, Everybody Loves Raymond, King of Queens, Sister Sister, Smart Guy, Everybody Hates Chris, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Will & Grace, among many others.

I also was a big fan of many live action shows on various kid networks such as; Drake & Josh, Kenan & Kel, The Amanda Show, Caitlin's Way, Degrassi: The Next Generation, Zoey 101, Ned's Declassified: School Survival Guide, and All That on Nickelodeon. Not to mention; Even Stevens, Lizzie McGuire, Phil of the Future, That's So Raven, and The Suite Life of Zack & Cody on Disney Channel.

This sounds like my childhood. I can save myself time by stating that this was the golden age of my childhood!!! I was born in 1997 so anything from the early to mid 2000’s with certain 90’s sitcoms shown in reruns were my childhood.

Written By: annimal on 02/02/20 at 10:06 pm

I watched Hey Arnold with my brothers

Written By: Captain Jazz on 02/05/20 at 10:52 pm

My favorites were mostly from the 90's but

- Batman animated series
- ed edd n eddy
- hey arnold
- rocket power
- all that
- amanda show
- dexters lab
- freakazoid
- animaniacs
- looney tunes/mgm cartoons
- tom & jerry

Written By: piecesof93 on 02/06/20 at 7:01 am

No, not really.

Also Codename Kids Next Door, Fosters Home and Billy & Mandy >>>>

Written By: Sman12 on 02/06/20 at 12:51 pm

Foster's, Spongebob, Chowder, Flapjack, KND, The Grim Adventures, Dexter's Lab, the Powerpuff Girls, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Ed, Edd n' Eddy, That's So Raven, Suite Life, and Phil of the Future were some of my favorites.

Written By: 2001 on 02/06/20 at 2:27 pm

No, not really.

Also Codename Kids Next Door, Fosters Home and Billy & Mandy >>>>

hwut

Your account sounds hacked tbh

Written By: piecesof93 on 02/20/20 at 4:41 am

hwut

Your account sounds hacked tbh

Lmao. I have never liked the Spongebob movie, only watched it twice.

I didn't like the Powerpuff girls movie that much either, though I think it was better than Spongebobs. I generally like cartoon series over their movies. However, I love Pokemon: The Movie and Sailor Moon R.

Written By: Shemp97 on 02/20/20 at 12:42 pm

The golden age of cartoons!!

Spongebob, Danny Phantom, Jimmy Neutron, Avatar The Last Airbender, The Fairly Odd Parents, Teenage Robot, El Tigre on Nickelodean.

KND, Billy and Mandy, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, Teen Titans, Ben 10, Chowder, Flapjack, Total Drama, 6teen, Star Wars The Clone Wars, Spectacular Spiderman On CN.

And Kim Possible, The Proud Family, Filmore, W.I.T.C.H, American Dragon and Phineas and Ferb on Disney. Aswell as Oban Star Racers and Galactick Football on Jetix.

Written By: Sman12 on 02/20/20 at 3:41 pm

Lmao. I have never liked the Spongebob movie, only watched it twice.

I didn't like the Powerpuff girls movie that much either, though I think it was better than Spongebobs. I generally like cartoon series over their movies. However, I love Pokemon: The Movie and Sailor Moon R.

I thought the movie was a fitting end to the series (until Nickelodeon became the character of Mr. Krabs and got greedy with the show).

Written By: MSP10julia on 02/27/20 at 7:32 pm

During my childhood in the early-mid 2000s, I binge watch The PowerPuff Girls, SpongeBob SquarePants, Sailor Moon, Fairly Odd Parents, Dexter's Laboratory, Charlie Brown, Rugrats/All Grown Up, Whatever Happen To Robot Jones?, Totally Spies, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Pokemon, Jimmy Neutron, The Amanda Show, Kim Possible, The Proud Family, House of Mouse, Alvin and The Chipmunks and some cartoons on Boomerang before 2015 Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry,Scooby Doo, Popeye,The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Smurfs, and Pink Panther

Written By: fusefan on 02/29/20 at 10:01 pm

Well, in the early 2000s when I didn’t have cable at my mom’s house it was all about Fox sitcoms for me.

- Malcom In The Middle
- That 70s Show
- Bernie Mac
- Grounded For Life
- Undeclared
- even stupid ones like Greg The Bunny & The Pitts
- I liked Mad Tv better than SNL at the time
Also viral video type shows like Real TV and Maximum Exposure

And when I was at a house with cable
- Cartoon Network (I remember feeling like such a badass watching Adult Swim when it first started when I was 11 lol)
- Nickelodeon and Disney Channel (even though I was starting to lose interest in those two channels by this time)
- Game Show Network
- Trio (does anybody remember this channel in the early-mid 2000s?)
- History Channel
- Comedy Central (I watched many shows that were inappropriate for my age at the time...)

I’m only talking about 2000-2002 here.

Written By: annimal on 03/01/20 at 1:16 pm

Freak a zoid and friends

The show that no one comp re hends

Written By: GeekyAlgorithm on 03/02/20 at 2:34 pm

Well, in the early 2000s when I didn’t have cable at my mom’s house it was all about Fox sitcoms for me.

- Malcom In The Middle
- That 70s Show
- Bernie Mac
- Grounded For Life
- Undeclared
- even stupid ones like Greg The Bunny & The Pitts
- I liked Mad Tv better than SNL at the time
Also viral video type shows like Real TV and Maximum Exposure

And when I was at a house with cable
- Cartoon Network (I remember feeling like such a badass watching Adult Swim when it first started when I was 11 lol)
- Nickelodeon and Disney Channel (even though I was starting to lose interest in those two channels by this time)
- Game Show Network
- Trio (does anybody remember this channel in the early-mid 2000s?)
- History Channel
- Comedy Central (I watched many shows that were inappropriate for my age at the time...)

I’m only talking about 2000-2002 here.

"And you think I named myself 'Black Vulcan'? Hell, no! I USED to go by 'Supervolt.' 'Black Vulcan' was Aquaman's idea. And I said, 'well, maybe we should call you White Fish!'"

Check for new replies or respond here...