inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who remembers Mya best of me

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/05/19 at 11:50 pm

Man this song is so early 00s. I was just listening to it as a part of my 00s nostalgia music trip and man this song is the reason why I love hip-hop and rnb of that decade. Its so smooth, techno and gives you that warm and fuzzy feel. mOcrHI1fL64

Subject: Re: Who remembers Mya best of me

Written By: 2001 on 06/06/19 at 8:49 am

LOL that is so early 2000s it hurts. Can't say I remember it though.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/06/19 at 10:55 pm

LOL that is so early 2000s it hurts. Can't say I remember it though.
I was hoping spryokev or millennial would give their thoughts but yea this song is very early 00s. Definitely sonded like something i heard when i was 4

Written By: Slim95 on 06/27/19 at 1:55 am

I don't remember her or this song personally.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/28/19 at 11:57 pm

I wouldn't expect you to remember it either. This song was catered towards an black urban audience in the US.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/02/19 at 1:34 pm

It is the same for me too.

Written By: Retrolover on 07/02/19 at 6:27 pm

Only ones I remember from her are “Ghetto Superstar”, “Take Me There”, “My Love is Like…Wo” and “Lady Marmalade”. I don’t know where I was when “The Best of Me (part 1)” and “(part 2)” was on the radio. I might have seen a clip from the second part of the song on MTV around the time it first aired, but I don’t remember. There were so many artists to keep up with in the year 2000. 

Written By: mwalker1996 on 07/07/19 at 12:44 am

Only ones I remember from her are “Ghetto Superstar”, “Take Me There”, “My Love is Like…Wo” and “Lady Marmalade”. I don’t know where I was when “The Best of Me (part 1)” and “(part 2)” was on the radio. I might have seen a clip from the second part of the song on MTV around the time it first aired, but I don’t remember. There were so many artists to keep up with in the year 2000.
I see, 2000 had an abundance of music. Most people remember pt 2 due it featuring Jay-Z but pt 1 is the preferred version. Part 1 was geared towards the Urban crowd while pt 2 had a more pop appeal.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/07/19 at 3:14 am

Oh I remember other songs by her like Ghetto Superstar. I didn't know she sang it.

Written By: Si_1997 on 07/21/19 at 3:21 am

I remember Case of the ex when I was a pre schooler. It used to come on 102.5 down here in CA. That station was all my mom listened too until they got super ratchet around the mid 2000’s with all the southern rap lol.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 07/22/19 at 7:57 am

I remember Case of the ex when I was a pre schooler. It used to come on 102.5 down here in CA. That station was all my mom listened too until they got super ratchet around the mid 2000’s with all the southern rap lol.
Yeah once the mid-2000s rolled around the south dominated rap. In NYC it took a long time for them to embraced southern rap now everyone wants to have a trap sound.

Check for new replies or respond here...