inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Yahoo! Answers

Written By: Slim95 on 06/18/19 at 11:45 pm

Who else used Yahoo Answers? I remember using Yahoo Answers a lot back in the day. It was very popular back then and a lot of fun how you earned points for answering questions then you can ask questions on it using your points. There were a lot of people on it in the 2000s before it died down, felt kind of like a social media site and you can make your own avatars and stuff. I used it a lot back then and asked a lot of random questions. I was on it the most during the late 2000s. I also used it in the very early 2010s up until it went downhill and died in popularity in 2012.

Subject: Re: Yahoo! Answers

Written By: shadowcookie on 06/19/19 at 6:03 am

Yeah I used it in the late 2000s. My account got suspended in 2010 though, oops.

The religious section was always funny due to the trolling.

Written By: mc98 on 06/19/19 at 7:47 am

Right now if people want to ask questions on the internet, they go to Quora.

Written By: Howard on 06/19/19 at 3:54 pm

Right now if people want to ask questions on the internet, they go to Quora.

or they can ask Google.

Written By: 2001 on 06/19/19 at 5:08 pm

I never made an account. The site always seemed kinda trollish. I wonder if anything of value was ever answered on that website ;D

Also

Ll-lia-FEIY

Written By: Skittler on 07/07/19 at 11:19 am

I used it but it started to seem more like a parody than an actual Q&A site when I stopped using it. I also remember using Yahoo Groups a lot and being in the chat rooms most of the time.

Written By: wixness on 07/07/19 at 11:29 am

I used Yahoo! Answers for advice, but I miss those days before Yahoo! changed their look and ditched the avatars. To be fair, Yahoo! Avatars was often buggy, but then again, I missed being able to create my own.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/19 at 3:21 am

I must had used it until I found out that Google is far superior.

Written By: piecesof93 on 07/21/19 at 4:23 am

I used to use it to do my math & science homework before Google became the dominant search engine. It was so inconvenient to have to wait on answers, after waiting last minute to do homework.

Check for new replies or respond here...