inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nick Gas where you into it??

Written By: sonic2005 on 07/07/19 at 10:00 am

If you dont remember or wasnt around yet in the early to late 00s there was a channel that aired all the nick game shows 24/7 i was more into nicktoons tv but i watched it here and there and enjoyed it i remember the channel just dissapered one day and i was very confused till i found out that it shut down and became "the n" i never really here people talk about this channel so i was curious did any other fellow 00s kids watch or remember this channel? https://youtu.be/TD7k-9M_HVE https://youtu.be/kYgzaGMXv20

Subject: Re: Nick Gas where you into it??

Written By: mqg96 on 07/07/19 at 2:45 pm

I loved Nick Gas for game show reruns, watching that network along with other Nick sister networks like Nicktoons (pre-2005), The N, and watching game shows on the main Nick channel like Slimetime Live, U-Pick Live, and Friday Night Slimetime! Damn that was the prime!

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 07/26/19 at 9:37 am

Nick GAS (and shows like Rocket Power) were truly a relic of its era. I used to watch Nick GAS here and there (provided if nothing good was on TV), and it was pretty cool. Obviously the 90s game show reruns like Figure it Out and Double Dare were good, but I also was into the X-Treme sports shows back then like SK8-TV and Nickelodeon GUTS. The network ended ironically around the time when X-Treme sports were starting to decline in popularity. It was also two years prior to Nick's controversial logo/ethos change, so it would make sense that (unfortunately) this channel, which represented as a homage to the 'RADICAL and 'X-TREME' nature of the 1990s & 2000s, was the first on the chopping block. That change in the late 2000s was an effort to disavow what Nickelodeon represented to so many kids, becoming essentially more corporate.

-sSc3E6J6ck

RIP Nick GAS: 1999-2007 :\'(.

Written By: yelimsexa on 07/26/19 at 2:16 pm

Nick Gas' biggest value to me was discovering the earliest game shows from the network from 1986-1990 before my family got cable in Christmas of 1990. It was nice seeing Legends of The Hidden Temple, Guts, Get The Picture, Nick Arcade, Wild & Crazy Kids, and Figure It Out Again, but what really drew it for me was the first four seasons of Double Dare (pre-Family), Think Fast, Finder's Keepers, and the first two seasons of Make The Grade. By watching those, I feel that I finally got the nearly complete experience of Nick's classic game shows. It was at its best until 2004, when it cut it schedule to provide only the later shows as provided, and because '00s Nick wasn't producing any new shows, I knew that the enviable would happen. At least at that point, I discovered YouTube to watch all those classics again, before copyright restricted access to other platforms and led me to trading. Never has there been quite a devotion to kids' game shows than the classic era of Nickelodeon, I visited Nick Studios in 1994 with the hopes of potentially landing an audition form, but alas, even though it was cool seeing the set of Legends, never to be.

Written By: Mat1991 on 07/26/19 at 6:48 pm

I think Nick Gas was a ploy to get kids more physically active. It's a noble cause, but I wasn't into it during its heyday because I just wasn't into the athletic, sporty scene.  :D

Written By: Retrolover on 07/26/19 at 8:15 pm

I had Nick Gas on for a little while in the 2000s. It was great to see all of the Nickelodeon game shows from the 80s and early 90s on TV again. Of course, it wasn’t as much fun as when I saw some of the episodes the first time around on the Nickelodeon.

Written By: nally on 07/26/19 at 11:07 pm

I loved Nick Gas for game show reruns

So did I, when I stumbled upon it in the early 2000s. It was then when I saw reruns of the late-1980s game show Double Dare (hosted by Marc Summers). Although that show did air on Nickelodoeon, it was also distributed to the FOX broadcasting network in the late 1980s, when I remember watching it in the first place. (There was also a "Super Sloppy" version that was on during 1989.)

Written By: Retrolover on 07/26/19 at 11:26 pm

So did I, when I stumbled upon it in the early 2000s. It was then when I saw reruns of the late-1980s game show Double Dare (hosted by Marc Summers). Although that show did air on Nickelodoeon, it was also distributed to the FOX broadcasting network in the late 1980s, when I remember watching it in the first place. (There was also a "Super Sloppy" version that was on during 1989.)

Was the “Family” version of Double Dare on Nick Gas in the 2000s? I don’t remember.

Written By: nally on 07/26/19 at 11:33 pm

Was the “Family” version of Double Dare on Nick Gas in the 2000s? I don’t remember.

I believe so. But I didn't watch it.

Written By: Retrolover on 07/27/19 at 7:45 am

I believe so. But I didn't watch it.

What retro Nickelodeon game show did you watch the most on Nick Gas?

Written By: nally on 07/27/19 at 3:43 pm

What retro Nickelodeon game show did you watch the most on Nick Gas?

Double Dare (emceed by Marc Summers). Watching the reruns brought back some fond memories.

Written By: GeekyAlgorithm on 01/31/20 at 3:50 pm

YES. I loved Legends of the Hidden Temple.

Written By: Sman12 on 02/06/20 at 9:34 pm

I barely remember Nick GAS on cable, but I was still infatuated with shows like Nick Arcade and Figure It Out.

Written By: fusefan on 02/07/20 at 4:58 pm

Yes I was! It was good to see some game shows that roped me in to Nick as a small child again.  Unfortunately I only caught the very end of it in 2008.  :(

Written By: MSP10julia on 03/05/20 at 6:01 pm

OMG, I binge watch classic nick game shows with this channel all day between '04 and early '09

Check for new replies or respond here...