inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Elementary School in the 2000s Starter Pack (2000s Kids)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/06/20 at 9:42 pm

https://i.redd.it/k7vj6s972wk41.jpg

Wow, this is accurate as f**k!. Brings back lots of memories. I think every American 2000s kid can relate to this starter pack. I don't know about what kids in other countries were doing back then lol ;D.

Subject: Re: Elementary School in the 2000s Starter Pack (2000s Kids)

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/06/20 at 9:53 pm

https://i.redd.it/k7vj6s972wk41.jpg

Wow, this is accurate as f**k!. Brings back lots of memories. I think every American 2000s kid can relate to this starter pack. I don't know about what kids in other countries were doing back then lol ;D.

Book club flyers were the best when I was in school in the 80s and 90s. Also, book club flyers are great time capsules.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 03/07/20 at 1:00 am

The best day in school, that came at least twice a year....... Scholastic Book Fairs!!!!

JDVvVGWkQ4U

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/07/20 at 7:52 am

The best day in school, that came at least twice a year....... Scholastic Book Fairs!!!!

JDVvVGWkQ4U

Whatever happened to Scholastic Book Fairs?

Written By: Sman12 on 03/07/20 at 12:26 pm

JDVvVGWkQ4U

The Book Fairs were amazing. I remember buying books like the Star Wars 3-D book and the Diary of A Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself book. I also bought games like the original Rayman Raving Rabbids (the CD's broken now).

I remember them being common in the early 2010s as well.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 03/07/20 at 3:32 pm

Whatever happened to Scholastic Book Fairs?

Don't know. I think they're still around, I could be wrong though.

The Book Fairs were amazing. I remember buying books like the Star Wars 3-D book and the Diary of A Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself book. I also bought games like the original Rayman Raving Rabbids (the CD's broken now).

I remember them being common in the early 2010s as well.

Yeah they had everything there :D. They used to have cheat books, the Guiness World Records, Encyclopedias, Board Games, etc. etc. They even had this comic book series that I used to read religously when I was a kid:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51M3bVRVU9L._SX352_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Written By: Sman12 on 03/08/20 at 3:06 pm

Yeah they had everything there :D. They used to have cheat books, the Guiness World Records, Encyclopedias, Board Games, etc. etc. They even had this comic book series that I used to read religously when I was a kid:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51M3bVRVU9L._SX352_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I remember seeing those Bone books as well. I haven't read them though.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/12/20 at 7:59 pm

You’re right, but the Scholastic Book Fairs of today aren’t as exciting for children today to go to as they were in the 20th century.

Written By: 2001 on 03/12/20 at 8:08 pm

You’re right, but the Scholastic Book Fairs of today aren’t as exciting for children today to go to as they were in the 20th century.

That is true. They were at their most interesting before 2000. After that, I always thought "why would I need a book about that if I can just read about it for free on the Internet?" when there were books such as "How to use a telescope" or "How to make money as a kid" or the Prima guides for video games.

But there were still some gems. I remember my little sister got hooked on Diary of a Wimpy Kid after she bought the collection from the Book Fair in the early 2010s.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/12/20 at 8:12 pm

That is true. They were at their most interesting before 2000. After that, I always thought "why would I need a book about that if I can just read about it for free on the Internet?" when there were books such as "How to use a telescope" or "How to make money as a kid" or the Prima guides for video games.

Nope, I was in elementary school from 2005-2010 and we were ALWAYS HYPE for the book fair.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/12/20 at 9:46 pm

But there were still some gems. I remember my little sister got hooked on Diary of a Wimpy Kid after she bought the collection from the Book Fair in the early 2010s.

I went to the Scholastic Book Fair for the entertainment related books. There was a Ghostbusters, BMX Poster Book, Michael Jackson book, and Garfield books at my book fairs.

Written By: fusefan on 03/17/20 at 11:58 pm

My late elementary years were during 2000 and the first half of 2001, and this starter pack is pretty much true. A lot of this stuff goes for the mid-late 90s too. 8). I was really into I Spy books back then and would always get my parents to order them when a new one came out.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/18/20 at 12:45 pm

My late elementary years were during 2000 and the first half of 2001, and this starter pack is pretty much true. A lot of this stuff goes for the mid-late 90s too. 8). I was really into I Spy books back then and would always get my parents to order them when a new one came out.

I Spy and Magic Eye were the Where’s Waldo books of the mid to late 90s.

Check for new replies or respond here...