inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Britney Spears Era 1998-2013

Written By: CarCar on 04/12/20 at 3:12 am

Which are your favorite songs. Do you like her classic late 90s/early 2000s albums or her more modern late 2000s/early 2010s songs more ?

Subject: Re: The Britney Spears Era 1998-2013

Written By: Sman12 on 04/12/20 at 8:03 am

I'm not a fan of Britney, but "Toxic"'s probably one of my favorite songs of all time.

LOZuxwVk7TU

Written By: Ripley on 04/15/20 at 4:34 pm

I love her!!! I can’t decide to be honest lol

Written By: DisneysRetro on 04/15/20 at 7:40 pm

CduA0TULnow

IlV7RhT6zHs

Here are a couple songs from my early childhood.

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/15/20 at 7:56 pm

Not a huge fan but if I had to choose I’d say her earlier stuff. I do like one of her early songs “Born To Make You Happy”.

I remember first time I heard Oops... I knew who it was half by the voice. And half by that same little bass pop they used in Hit Me...

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 04/15/20 at 8:02 pm

I don't think there is any better artist that I know of, whom's entire musical era that perfectly encapsulated both my childhood and my teenaged years, better than Britney Spears, for better or worst ;D. Yeah Britney really fell off the face of the Earth after 2013, arguably worse than her mid 2000s slump leading to her infamous 2007 breakdown year. I guess when she fell from grace after 2013, core Millennial culture fell with her, or perhaps it was the other way around, huh.

Anyways, to commemorate the "Britney Era", I will showcase two of what I would consider her most iconic songs, from both of the cultural eras that were centrally within her peak in popularity; the Late 90s/Early 00's "Millennium Era", and the Late 00s/Early 10s "Electropop Era":

Late 90s/Early 00s: "Millennium Era"
Q4VK9_CfOLQ

Late 00s/Early 10s: "Electropop Era"
lVhJ_A8XUgc

Written By: Wink-182 on 04/16/20 at 5:02 pm

I really liked Lucky.

Written By: Dundee on 04/16/20 at 9:19 pm

She didn't get interesting until her "Blackout" album at least. Before that, "In the Zone" is so-so ("Toxic"'s awesome tho and probably her best song), and the rest is just bland bubblegum trash with the exception of the effective "Baby One More Time".

Then "Blackout" happened and she finally released a solid, forward thinking album with some awesome cuts ("Break The Ice" :D). "Circus" is alright but contains some terrible material. "Femme Fatale" is another cool album with futuristic, forward thinking productions that I enjoy a lot. Even if it isn't nearly as consistent as "Blackout".

And then... "Britney Jean"... It's beyond godawful. Cheaply produced and inanely written. On its own it probably ruined her career, not to mention people were sick of that kind of electropop by late 2013.
And lastly even I didn't listen to her latest "Glory" ;D.

Written By: piecesof93 on 04/17/20 at 12:40 am

I'm not a fan of Britney, but "Toxic"'s probably one of my favorite songs of all time.

LOZuxwVk7TU

I feel the same way. Never been a huge fan but Toxic is one of the best pop songs ever released.

Written By: CarCar on 04/17/20 at 4:19 am

I don't think there is any better artist that I know of, whom's entire musical era that perfectly encapsulated both my childhood and my teenaged years, better than Britney Spears, for better or worst ;D. Yeah Britney really fell off the face of the Earth after 2013, arguably worse than her mid 2000s slump leading to her infamous 2007 breakdown year. I guess when she fell from grace after 2013, core Millennial culture fell with her, or perhaps it was the other way around, huh.

Anyways, to commemorate the "Britney Era", I will showcase two of what I would consider her most iconic songs, from both of the cultural eras that were centrally within her peak in popularity; the Late 90s/Early 00's "Millennium Era", and the Late 00s/Early 10s "Electropop Era":

Late 90s/Early 00s: "Millennium Era"
Q4VK9_CfOLQ

Late 00s/Early 10s: "Electropop Era"
lVhJ_A8XUgc

Miss Britney is the face of the noughties, I was already in the middle of my teenage years when she was on her way out in 2013 when I was 14/15. Her EDM era hit hard with me with “till the world ends” and I’m probably alone on that one but idc. It’s so funny watching even people younger then me by just 5 or 6 years regard her has old when I nearly reached teenhood when she was on her way out. People my age are probably the last and youngest of the Britney stans who lived through a good portion of her era vividly

Written By: shrinkingviolet on 04/17/20 at 7:39 am

I love her first 3 albums. Britney is the first artist I remember blowing up, considering I was 4/5 during her debut. Her bubble gum music will always be the best. Some of it might have been cheesy, but it was the good kind of cheese. In my opinion she was the most beautiful person ever during her prime and had so much personality.  And I also say this as someone who is more of a Christina fan.

Check for new replies or respond here...