inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: High school in 2009

Written By: Dundee on 05/01/20 at 1:11 pm

I saw this "vlog" gathered quite a lot of views lately for some reason. It was filmed on the last day of the 2008/9 school year in some American high school:

xrjokRtZM4E

What are your thoughts on it?

Subject: Re: High school in 2009

Written By: mc98 on 05/01/20 at 1:20 pm

The fashion looks very 2000s but this was probably filmed at a small town school.

Written By: Wink-182 on 05/01/20 at 2:24 pm

Personally to me it doesn't seem like our dressing habits has changed all that much since then.

Written By: 2001 on 05/01/20 at 3:15 pm

I have no nostalgia for this era at all lmao

Written By: DisneysRetro on 05/01/20 at 3:18 pm

Lmao same  ;D

Written By: piecesof93 on 05/01/20 at 4:13 pm

Had tons of fun in high school in 2008 & 2009. The long hair styles and bad highlights in this video aren't something I'd miss though.

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 05/03/20 at 3:47 pm

My senior year of high school! That video takes me back. I didn’t go to the high school in the video, but I looked up the name in the description and found it’s in the same state about an hour and a half from the one I went to. Both are in the greater Chicago area although the one in the video is much smaller and in another county a little further out, so I’m not sure if there would be any differences.

I noticed there are no emo kids in that video. I do recall noticing a rapid decline in that subculture that year compared to my sophomore year (‘06-07). Even the shaggy/“wings” hairstyle that most high school guys had from like ‘04-07 seems gone here. However, you don’t see any hipster fashion yet. Everyone still dresses very preppy. This is pretty consistent with my memories.

Written By: Sman12 on 05/04/20 at 9:21 am

I've noticed lots of kids wearing Aero and Hollister hoodies and shirts back then. Looks like the two brands were huge, just like how I remembered.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/05/20 at 10:32 am

I've noticed lots of kids wearing Aero and Hollister hoodies and shirts back then. Looks like the two brands were huge, just like how I remembered.

Contrary to popular belief, but that style was still big with teens in the ‘Electropop era’. Up until 2013 or so. Abercrombie began to lose out in favor to the slightly more accessible Aeropostale and American Eagle brands in the early 2010s. Although, A&F’s sister brand Hollister was still pretty popular.

Written By: Sman12 on 05/05/20 at 11:19 am

Contrary to popular belief, but that style was still big with teens in the ‘Electropop era’. Up until 2013 or so. Abercrombie began to lose out in favor to the slightly more accessible Aeropostale and American Eagle brands in the early 2010s. Although, A&F’s sister brand Hollister was still pretty popular.

Ah, I see.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...