inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When did you stop watching Nickeldoeon?

Written By: Videl Satan on 05/02/20 at 12:48 pm

For me, the last year I watched Nickelodeon was 2009 because around the fall that year, I started getting tired of ICarly and felt the show was getting stale and that was when stuff like Big Time Rush and Fanboy & Chum Chum debuted on the network and I felt like the network was relying WAY TOO MUCH on Spongebob. Not to mention that Nick completely got rid of their original splat logo.

However, I could tell the network was starting to go downhill as early as the 2003-2004 school year around the time Rugrats Go Wild came out in theaters and the channel was really running Rugrats into the ground and milking the franchise for all it's worth and it was also around that time that a lot of their Late-90's/Early-2000's shows were either getting canceled or starting to be shown less and less.

Subject: Re: When did you stop watching Nickeldoeon?

Written By: Sman12 on 05/02/20 at 1:17 pm

I don't really watch it that often, but my little brother (who's 10) watches it every single day, and that's what I see on the TV every time I go downstairs.

I haven't exactly watched Nick 24/7 ever since Sam and Cat ended in 2014 (I liked the show, but I now find it to be meh).

Written By: piecesof93 on 05/02/20 at 1:48 pm

When they started airing shows like Catscratch  8-P

However, I did watch the Nicktoons network to tune in for Dragon Z Kai in 2009.

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 05/02/20 at 2:25 pm

I think I probably stopped feeling “at home” on Nickelodeon somewhere around 2005? I remember shows like Drake & Josh, Ned’s Declassified, and Danny Phantom at the forefront of my twilight years with Nickelodeon. Looking at the list of original programming, Zoey 101 in 2005 felt like a show that wasn’t meant for me cus I was a 14 or 15 year old boy aging out of the target demographic for that channel. I’ve definitely seen iCarly more than once though so I guess I was still tuning in occasionally in the later ‘00s. I liked falling asleep to Nick@Nite well into my late teens and could sometimes be lazy about changing the channel or turning the TV off at all :o so I would sometimes wake up to children’s programming that I tended not to recognize.

Written By: DisneysRetro on 05/02/20 at 5:57 pm

Around 2005ish is when I noticed that I began outgrowing it a bit, . I started watching Teen nick more around that time for Zoey 101 and Drake and Josh. Occasionally I would watch Nickelodeon when Spongebob or Fairly odd parents were on but for the most part 2004-2005 was the time Nickelodeon  started getting rid of all my favorite childhood shows from the late 90’s/early 2000’s. I also live in the bay area where we had a theme park called Paramount’s Great America which was dedicated to all of the Nickelodeon cartoons. Around 2006 is when Paramount no longer owned that amusement park so all you f the Nickelodeon characters ended up leaving and being replace with Charlie Brown characters. This is when kid culture started becoming more stale for people my age imo.

Written By: annimal on 05/02/20 at 6:46 pm

so far of the shows mentioned  I only remember seeing Sponge Bob with my brother.  I'd have to think about what I really use to watch.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 05/02/20 at 7:26 pm

Towards the end of 2008.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/02/20 at 7:42 pm

Around 1997

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 05/04/20 at 6:31 am

Cartoons:2006
Live action:2007

Written By: Zelek3 on 05/04/20 at 1:43 pm

Like others here, I started getting bored with Nick around 2005ish. Stuff like Spongebob season 4, The Xs, Catscratch (sorry Zelda), Mr. Meaty, Zoey 101, Unfabulous, etc. was mostly mediocre or bad to me, the channel was starting to feel blander. Avatar kept me watching for a bit longer. 2009 was when I stopped altogether.

Written By: shadowcookie on 05/04/20 at 2:18 pm

2006ish

Written By: 2001 on 05/04/20 at 3:49 pm

I stopped watching kid shows for the most apart around 2004/5ish but I did watch Drake and Josh and later on a little bit of iCarly.

Written By: wagonman76 on 05/04/20 at 4:43 pm

I never watched it as a kid because we never had cable. It started being on the tv when I had a family in 2000. Some shows I watched with my daughter like sponge bob, cat dog, odd parents. That stopped about 2016 when I moved. By the time I got the dish back up in 2017 the premium channel offerings were gone.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/04/20 at 5:21 pm

2006ish for Nicktoons.

2008ish for TeeNick.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/20 at 7:15 am

I did not even start watching Nickelodeon.

Written By: fusefan on 05/10/20 at 12:05 am

Around 2002. By then most of the shows that made me a Nick fan in my earlier childhood had ended or were not as good as they used to be, and I couldn’t get into all the newer shows that were coming out at the time.  :P

Written By: Howard on 05/10/20 at 3:57 am

I used to watch Nickelodeon when it had You Can't Do That On Television.

Written By: annimal on 05/10/20 at 11:14 am

Use to love watching You Cant Do That On Television.  As for the last thing I watched, I need my brain refreshed.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/10/20 at 11:26 am

Use to love watching You Cant Do That On Television.  As for the last thing I watched, I need my brain refreshed.
Are episodes of "You Cant Do That On Television" available on YouTube?

Written By: annimal on 05/10/20 at 10:03 pm

I don't know oh  :-X

Written By: Howard on 05/11/20 at 4:05 am

Are episodes of "You Cant Do That On Television" available on YouTube?

Yes, I believe there is.

Written By: shrinkingviolet on 05/15/20 at 10:27 am

2005 for me.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/15/20 at 10:32 am

When they got rid of Nick at Nite.  I miss watching Green Acres at 3am.

Written By: wagonman76 on 05/15/20 at 10:35 am

When they got rid of Nick at Nite.  I miss watching Green Acres at 3am.

Green Acres is on Me TV, weekday evenings.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/15/20 at 10:38 am

Green Acres is on Me TV, weekday evenings.

MeTV is what Nick at Nite was.  Thankfully that ideal is still popular.

Written By: LooseBolt on 05/22/20 at 4:12 am

I think I probably stopped feeling “at home” on Nickelodeon somewhere around 2005? I remember shows like Drake & Josh, Ned’s Declassified, and Danny Phantom at the forefront of my twilight years with Nickelodeon. Looking at the list of original programming, Zoey 101 in 2005 felt like a show that wasn’t meant for me cus I was a 14 or 15 year old boy aging out of the target demographic for that channel. I’ve definitely seen iCarly more than once though so I guess I was still tuning in occasionally in the later ‘00s. I liked falling asleep to Nick@Nite well into my late teens and could sometimes be lazy about changing the channel or turning the TV off at all :o so I would sometimes wake up to children’s programming that I tended not to recognize.

Right around the same time for me. I remember Avatar: TLA being the last Nick show I ever watched.

Written By: Shemp97 on 05/26/20 at 11:56 pm

Around 1997

Not hyperbole to alot of people. I've articles and comments all over the web about how people began to dislike Nickelodeon around 1998.  ;D

Written By: shrinkingviolet on 05/31/20 at 6:59 pm

MeTV is what Nick at Nite was.  Thankfully that ideal is still popular.
I love Antenna TV as well. I remember when TV Land and Nick at Nite used to be both of those channels combined. I feel like Nick at Nite changed a lot when George Lopez took over in 2007. I remember TV Land going in a different direction around the same time.

Written By: GeekyAlgorithm on 07/03/20 at 2:00 pm

When they changed their logo. I came back when The Legend of Korra came out, then came back once again when SpongeBob's original writers returned. I currently only watch it for SB. Never cared for The Loud House.

Written By: annimal on 07/03/20 at 2:53 pm

SB was the only cartoon I watched with my brother

Written By: Rainbowz on 07/03/20 at 8:54 pm

I'd say 2013 for me.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 07/04/20 at 4:25 am

Towards the end of 2008.

Written By: batfan2005 on 07/04/20 at 8:30 am

I'm a late Gen-Xer/Xennial so it was around 1993-ish for me. I was watching Ren & Stimpy, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Roundhouse, Adventures of Pete & Pete, Salute Your Shorts, and Welcome Freshman.

I used to love that show as well, all the reoccurring sketches like Barfs Burgers and the Firing Squad. Also the Introduction to the Opposites and green slime. I was watching it regularly in the mid-80's but I was watching the reruns around '93.

Written By: Howard on 07/04/20 at 2:07 pm

I'm a late Gen-Xer/Xennial so it was around 1993-ish for me. I was watching Ren & Stimpy, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Roundhouse, Adventures of Pete & Pete, Salute Your Shorts, and Welcome Freshman.

I used to love that show as well, all the reoccurring sketches like Barfs Burgers and the Firing Squad. Also the Introduction to the Opposites and green slime. I was watching it regularly in the mid-80's but I was watching the reruns around '93.

That was my favorite show too.

Written By: Wink-182 on 07/04/20 at 3:48 pm

Around the time shows like iCarly came on and Drake and Josh ended, is when I feel like I stopped watching.

Written By: Mat1991 on 07/04/20 at 6:50 pm

I don't remember exactly when I stopped watching Nickelodeon, but I think I had stopped watching it by the time I started high school in 2006, maybe even earlier. The reason why wasn't because I disliked their shows, but simply because I became more interested in teen and adult-oriented shows and channels like The N (to watch shows like Degrassi) and the LGBT channel Logo.

Subject: Re: When did you stop watching Nickelodoeon?

Written By: nally on 10/23/21 at 11:00 pm

When Nick @ Nite dropped all programmes that were originally on the air prior to my birth. (Lately they seem to be airing more recent stuff, 90s and later.) I don't remember specifically when that was (I wanna say sometime within the last 6 or 7 years).

FTR, I have never watched any of their animated programmes. They never interested me.

Written By: RLStern on 11/11/21 at 4:19 pm

Cartoons: 2004 or 2005

Drake & Josh - 2007

So 2007.

Cartoon Network lost me around 2002 when they moved classics to Boomerang exclusively.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/15/21 at 11:00 pm

I stopped watching in 1996 or 97. I think it was 1996.

Before then, I use to watch Clarissa Explains it All, Flash Forward, and My Brother and Me. All which were shows from the early to mid 1990s on Nick.

Subject: Re: When did you stop watching Nickelodoeon?

Written By: nally on 11/15/21 at 11:02 pm

Well, I didn't have cable tv in my household growing up, so I couldn't watch any of it regularly (unless I went to a friend's house that had it).

And as I mentioned in my above post, the only time I've ever watched the channel in the past 20 years was for Nick At Nite.

Written By: JacobThePlante on 11/16/21 at 12:56 am

2010, I grew out of it. I think Fanboy & Chumchum was the first new show that really turned me off

Written By: Howard on 11/16/21 at 3:24 am

I stopped watching in 1996 or 97. I think it was 1996.

Before then, I use to watch Clarissa Explains it All, Flash Forward, and My Brother and Me. All which were shows from the early to mid 1990s on Nick.

I stopped watching it when they stopped showing You Can't Do That On Television.

Written By: GenXStoner1984 on 11/27/21 at 1:17 am

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/27/21 at 11:10 pm

Probably around 1987 or '88.

Check for new replies or respond here...