inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Which Rock Band Was Bigger In 2006: Nickelback OR The All-American Rejects?

Written By: Videl Satan on 06/11/20 at 6:07 pm

And why?

As popular as The-All American Rejects were in 2006, there is no way they were even remotely in the same galaxy as Nickelback back then, at least in America.

Subject: Re: Which Rock Band Was Bigger In 2006: Nickelback OR The All-American Rejects?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 06/11/20 at 6:42 pm

Nickelback were arguably the biggest band of the noughties. The All-American Rejects were one-hit wonders here in Australia ("Gives You Hell" was the only song of theirs that charted), so definitely Nickelback.

Subject: Re: Which Rock Band Was Bigger In 2006: Nickelback OR The All-American Rejects?

Written By: wixness on 06/11/20 at 7:38 pm

The All-American Rejects at least seem to be remembered more fondly for some reason.

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/11/20 at 9:29 pm

All American Rejects didn’t seem in the same class as Nickelback to me. They seemed more punk like Green Day, where Nickelback seemed more like a slow heavy grunge.

I think Nickelback was much bigger especially with Rockstar, and everything before that which was still heavily played.

Gives You Hell was one song by Rejects, but my favorite was Move Along. Swing Swing and Dirty Little Secret we’re popular too. Their bass tone  always stood out to me.

Written By: 2001 on 06/12/20 at 1:14 am

All American Rejects didn’t seem in the same class as Nickelback to me. They seemed more punk like Green Day, where Nickelback seemed more like a slow heavy grunge.

I think Nickelback was much bigger especially with Rockstar, and everything before that which was still heavily played.

Gives You Hell was one song by Rejects, but my favorite was Move Along. Swing Swing and Dirty Little Secret we’re popular too. Their bass tone  always stood out to me.

Move Along is also my favourite single of theirs. Dirty Little Secret my dirty little guilty pleasure ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...