inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Which R&B artist was more popular in 2005, Chris Brown or Omarion?

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/24/20 at 4:29 pm

Chris Brown made is debut that year, but Omarion was popular in the spring and summer.

Subject: Re: Which R&B artist was more popular in 2005, Chris Brown or Omarion?

Written By: DisneysRetro on 06/26/20 at 6:13 am

Chris Brown and Mariah Carey were pretty big that year. I feel like Bow Wow was more popular than Omarion in 2005.

Written By: doublejm1 on 07/30/20 at 10:38 pm

Omarion had a few popular hits at that time (Ice Box, Touch), not to mention his collaboration with Bow Wow (Let Me Hold You).

But Chris Brown really took off that year. Run It, Excuse Me Miss, Poppin, Gimme That -- all huge songs.

2005 introduced us to Chris Brown, Rihanna, T-Pain, and Trey Songz. That's quite a freshman cohort.

Written By: fusefan on 08/06/20 at 10:28 pm

If I recall Chris Brown didn’t debut until the later half of that year? I think I first heard of him in either September or October?

Written By: 80sfan on 08/18/20 at 1:52 am

Don't remember.

But, Chris Brown was/is still extremely talented. He had everything, the looks, moves, sound, talent, charisma, and voice. But, I guess God can't give a person everything! I hope he works on his anger, hatred of women, and stubbornness. No one's perfect, but violence is inexcusable at the same time.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/20 at 7:16 am

Never heard of Omarian!

Written By: piecesof93 on 08/20/20 at 11:05 am

Chris Brown was more popular when he came out even tho his album didn't come out until later that year and he had more singles into 2006. He was marketed as the "Prince of R&B" I don't recall anything like that attached to Omarions name.

tw Omarions most popular song is Post to Be so the singles he put out in 2005 didn't garner as much popularity. Its just weird because he was headlining successful tours that year, which i don't think he was doing in 2015.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/30/20 at 8:44 am

Chris Brown was more popular when he came out even tho his album didn't come out until later that year and he had more singles into 2006. He was marketed as the "Prince of R&B" I don't recall anything like that attached to Omarions name.

That was before he put the smack down on Rihanna, then went on Larry King Show with his mommy, his lawyer, and wearing his powder blue sweater with the bow tie.

OcegtQV2QHQ

Written By: mwalker1996 on 09/01/20 at 10:08 am

I would say Omarion, but 2006 and onwards Chris Brown for sure. Ice box came out in the 2006-07 school year. I remember being in 5th grade hearing it on the radio.

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/02/20 at 6:20 pm

I would say Omarion, but 2006 and onwards Chris Brown for sure. Ice box came out in the 2006-07 school year. I remember being in 5th grade hearing it on the radio.

That was a good album. I remember listening to that and Pretty Ricky's Late Night Special around the same time.

Written By: doublejm1 on 09/02/20 at 11:53 pm

If I recall Chris Brown didn’t debut until the later half of that year? I think I first heard of him in either September or October?

That's right. I think he burst onto the scene in the fall of 2005.

Written By: doublejm1 on 09/03/20 at 12:06 am

Don't remember.

But, Chris Brown was/is still extremely talented. He had everything, the looks, moves, sound, talent, charisma, and voice. But, I guess God can't give a person everything! I hope he works on his anger, hatred of women, and stubbornness. No one's perfect, but violence is inexcusable at the same time.

Even after the Rihanna debacle, he put out successful albums like F.A.M.E., Fortune, and X.

The three since, however, haven't been to my liking. It's been a while since Chris has come out with a radio-friendly song that receives a lot airplay. The last one I liked was "Freaky Friday" with Lil Dicky.

He's largely fallen out of the mainstream, much like Kanye West, 50 Cent, and other guys who, like Chris, hit it big in the 2000s.

Check for new replies or respond here...