inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Logo, One of the First LGBT Channels

Written By: Mat1991 on 07/04/20 at 7:03 pm

Who remembers the TV channel Logo? I think it premiered in 2005 and it was one of the first television channels that catered to LGBT audiences. It had dramas like Queer as Folk and Noah's Arc, and also other original shows like Wisecrack featuring LGBT stand-up, U.S. of Ant, Coming Out Stories, and The Big Gay Sketch Show, which is self-explanatory.  :D

Around 2012 it began to cater to more general audiences and lost its distinct LGBT identity, which I think is a shame.

Logo was hugely important to me because it was my first exposure to LGBT culture as a young teenager who was just coming to terms with being gay. It introduced me to the history, the politics, and the pop culture of that world. I watched that channel religiously.

Subject: Re: Logo, One of the First LGBT Channels

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/06/20 at 12:03 am

I never watched it but I do remember it as a choice in my satellite channel lineup.

Written By: GeekyAlgorithm on 10/07/20 at 7:56 am

I watched it a few times. I'm currently bi, but I was crushing on female characters BEFORE I found the channel.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/07/20 at 8:15 am

I watched it a few times. I'm currently bi, but I was crushing on female characters BEFORE I found the channel.

You're currently bi? You mean you might change your mind later? I didn't realize it was so easy to pick and choose.

Written By: GeekyAlgorithm on 10/07/20 at 8:19 am

Should've said I "ended up" being bi. Stupid word choices.

Check for new replies or respond here...