inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: This guy is a 2000s YouTube throwback.

Written By: GeekyAlgorithm on 10/28/20 at 10:35 am

1rjqHF4wclg

This is exactly what people were doing in the late 2000s when YouTube was new. He has some other funny videos like "I Love France."

Subject: Re: This guy is a 2000s YouTube throwback.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/28/20 at 11:16 am

When Youtube was new I thought it was going to get shut down any minute the way Napster was.  Youtube was SUPPOSED to be exclusively for people posting their own thing (shades of TikTok!). In fact, one year when Youtube was brand new, Time magazine (which was still a ting at the time) had, as it's much vaunted annual "person of the year, "You!" because people were putting themselves on Youtube, as it was designed to be.  But people also IMMEDIATELY started posting music, TV clips, etc WHICH THEY DID NOT OWN. Essentially, doing the same (supposedly illegal) thing as Napster. Hence, I assumed it would get shut down. But it did not. The corporations, the powers-that-be must have immediately seen that they could make money with this new format, and use it to their advantage. And the rest is history.

Written By: Wink-182 on 10/29/20 at 2:28 pm

I've seen this Cark guy before, I do think his videos are pretty funny and remind me what it was like be on Youtube at 9 or 10 years old.

Written By: BotleyCrew on 11/02/20 at 8:05 pm

"Unregistered Hypercam 2" parodies has become one of my favorite sources of nostalgic media. I've seen several channels parodying this genre in fact.

zqza7KD5jYc

Written By: GeekyAlgorithm on 11/03/20 at 9:28 am

DaymanOurSavior's "EXTREME MEME MUSIC MEGAMASHUP" has a few seconds where the intro to 009 Sound System's "Dreamscape" plays over a clip of Club Penguin with a penguin saying "Here you can play games." It made me sad, because I miss Club Penguin.

Written By: AstroPoug on 03/30/22 at 12:12 am

This entire YouTube channel is as well: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3q7lahh4WXoco8h-JTMATA

Check for new replies or respond here...