inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mainstream 2000's nostalgia begun?

Written By: Lizardmatum on 02/13/21 at 9:42 am

Apologies if I'm a bit out of the loop. Haven't posted here in quite a while.
But I was thinking today that the 2000's really do feel like another era now and I'm wondering if we've hit the mainstream nostalgia for it.

I know everything before 2020 is looking nostalgic today considering what's happening around the world. (including the 2010's!)
But do you think there will an explosion of fondness for the 2000's soon? Or are we kind of going to skip that and just have nostalgia for the years pre-pandemic?

Interested to hear thoughts on this!

Subject: Re: Mainstream 2000's nostalgia begun?

Written By: Contigo on 02/13/21 at 10:38 am

I do think it depends on the circumstances on your life and how old you are. For instance I just started to get some nostalgia for the 1980s, quite recently. 1990 to now is so recent to me. In fact I find it unlikely I will ever have nostalgia for the period of "1990 to now".
However for a younger person growing up in the 2000's, nostalgia for that period can exist.
We generally have nostalgia for the period we grew up in (school years) 

Written By: Wink-182 on 02/13/21 at 2:13 pm

I think as later on we get into the decade (like 2025-ish) we'll see it more, I think it's just starting to kick off, like the iCarly reboot that's currently in the works right now is probably one of the early signs. Some y2k era clothing is coming back in style.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/13/21 at 2:23 pm

I think so! Why would it be forgotten? I think there will be lots of mid 2000s nostalgia.

Written By: batfan2005 on 02/13/21 at 8:31 pm

Right now there's more Mid-2000's nostalgia than early. Especially with R&B music a lot of songs sample ones from the Mid-2000's (ex: "Both of Us" by YFN Lucci samples the 2005 song "Like You" by Bow Wow feat. Ciara).

Check for new replies or respond here...