inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Everything After 2006 in Pop Culture Pretty Much Sucks

Written By: Slim95 on 02/25/21 at 3:11 pm

I know this may make people upset, but that's just the way I see it. The last time things in culture were still good was 2005 in my opinion.

Subject: Re: Everything After 2006 in Pop Culture Pretty Much Sucks

Written By: wixness on 02/25/21 at 3:20 pm

I can understand why but I find it hard to relate to anything before 2006; granted, two years before that I just moved to the UK and in that decade I was still a child. I didn't even know 9/11 took place because I just wanted to watch cartoons all the time, even if I couldn't speak English then.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/25/21 at 5:11 pm

I know this may make people upset, but that's just the way I see it. The last time things in culture were still good was 2005 in my opinion.

Between this and your earlier "The 2020s Suck" topic, it makes me think you must be a barrel of laughs at parties.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/25/21 at 5:20 pm

Between this and your earlier "The 2020s Suck" topic, it makes me think you must be a barrel of laughs at parties.

Oh no....please be nice. People have feelings you know. Not sure if you were just being silly but... :-\\

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/25/21 at 5:45 pm

Oh no....please be nice. People have feelings you know. Not sure if you were just being silly but... :-\\

But in the worldview of "everything sucks" it is only to be expected. It's confirmation bias.

Written By: Contigo on 02/27/21 at 10:44 am

Haha I think all of us, depending on our age, have an opinion as to when Pop Culture started to suck. I would say "Everything After 1989 in Pop Culture Pretty Much Sucks".
Having said this, there was still a couple of things I enjoyed in the 1990s, not much though.  :(

Written By: Howard on 02/27/21 at 1:31 pm

Haha I think all of us, depending on our age, have an opinion as to when Pop Culture started to suck. I would say "Everything After 1989 in Pop Culture Pretty Much Sucks".
Having said this, there was still a couple of things I enjoyed in the 1990s, not much though.  :(

I'm not sure when pop culture started to suck.

Check for new replies or respond here...