inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Signs you're stuck in the 2000's

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/06/21 at 9:13 am

I'm not sure if this thread has been done and I apologize if I just created a duplicate (I know for sure there are ones for 2010's and 90's), but anyhow:

- You still have MySpace
- You wear emo clothes and listen to emo music
- You have a flip phone, digicam, and/or iPod/MP3 player
- You're still playing Gamecube, Wii, NDS, PS2, PS3, PSP, XBox, XBox 360 games
- You still get Netflix DVD's in the mail
- (If you're a Democrat) think George W. Bush was the worst president, and only remember Donald Trump as the host on "The Apprentice"
- (If you're a Republican) think Bill Clinton was the worst president
- You have a plasma screen TV (not LCD, not QLED, and definitely not a smart TV)
- You use words like "fetch", "that's hot", or "bling"
- You still follow what Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Ashlee Simpson, and Britney Spears are doing
- You still watch Survivor, the Bachelor, and American Idol regularly (on cable)

Subject: Re: Signs you're stuck in the 2000's

Written By: Howard on 04/06/21 at 2:04 pm

I'm not sure if this thread has been done and I apologize if I just created a duplicate (I know for sure there are ones for 2010's and 90's), but anyhow:

- You still have MySpace
- You wear emo clothes and listen to emo music
- You have a flip phone, digicam, and/or iPod/MP3 player
- You're still playing Gamecube, Wii, NDS, PS2, PS3, PSP, XBox, XBox 360 games
- You still get Netflix DVD's in the mail
- (If you're a Democrat) think George W. Bush was the worst president, and only remember Donald Trump as the host on "The Apprentice"
- (If you're a Republican) think Bill Clinton was the worst president
- You have a plasma screen TV (not LCD, not QLED, and definitely not a smart TV)
- You use words like "fetch", "that's hot", or "bling"
- You still follow what Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Ashlee Simpson, and Britney Spears are doing
- You still watch Survivor, the Bachelor, and American Idol regularly (on cable)

I still have my PS3.

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/06/21 at 2:21 pm

I still have my PS3.

So do I. I even bought another PS2 awhile back even though I haven't been playing any games on it. Ever since the PS3 stopped supporting backwards compatibility with PS2 games, just in case I want to play San Andreas or God of War again. I also have the Wii and the collection of Gamecube games.

Written By: Howard on 04/06/21 at 2:45 pm

So do I. I even bought another PS2 awhile back even though I haven't been playing any games on it. Ever since the PS3 stopped supporting backwards compatibility with PS2 games, just in case I want to play San Andreas or God of War again. I also have the Wii and the collection of Gamecube games.

I just use my PS3 to use for Netflix, YouTube, play my video game and internet search.

Written By: violet_shy on 04/06/21 at 6:39 pm

You think Napoleon Dynamite is still a super cool movie!

And actually, it is. It's one of my favorite movies.

Written By: Wink-182 on 04/06/21 at 6:42 pm

You still think of years like 2007 or 2009 as "just a couple of years ago". You still listen to all the pop-punk bands from that era on a regular basis, hence my username haha.

Written By: 2001 on 04/06/21 at 6:55 pm

Your work music playlist is full of PS2 and DS video game songs /me

Written By: violet_shy on 04/06/21 at 8:46 pm

You still think the Computer Essentials blank CDs are just as essential today. But you can't find them anywhere!

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 04/06/21 at 11:01 pm

You want to go down to the local video rental place, but it hasn't been around for at least 8 years.

Written By: violet_shy on 04/07/21 at 2:05 am

Burning music onto a blank CD on your PC....PRICELESS.

I don't do that anymore I was just saying. :D

Written By: 2001 on 04/07/21 at 7:23 am

You say sorry to your conversation partner if you have to get your phone out during your conversation.

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/07/21 at 7:53 am

I just use my PS3 to use for Netflix, YouTube, play my video game and internet search.

I use it to watch Hulu since it doesn't work on my PS4 (no matter how many times I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, it keeps giving the same file corruption error).

Written By: Howard on 04/07/21 at 3:21 pm

You want to go down to the local video rental place, but it hasn't been around for at least 8 years.

And that's why we have Netflix. ;)

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 04/07/21 at 6:17 pm

And that's why we have Netflix. ;)

The carpeting of the Hollywood Video my family went to was a spacey/cosmic pattern. And it was a wide expanse, once you were in the building.

I may just miss the carpeting scheme more than most. Having seen it in different buildings, I'm pretty sure that if I ever have the money to build my personal cave or have others build it, I'll be able to find that kind of carpet for it.

Written By: Howard on 04/08/21 at 3:22 pm

The carpeting of the Hollywood Video my family went to was a spacey/cosmic pattern. And it was a wide expanse, once you were in the building.

I may just miss the carpeting scheme more than most. Having seen it in different buildings, I'm pretty sure that if I ever have the money to build my personal cave or have others build it, I'll be able to find that kind of carpet for it.

Ghost, I miss Blockbuster Video.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 04/08/21 at 4:18 pm

I like how Blockbuster's external sign looked (on the curved down roof section).

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/08/21 at 6:22 pm

Our Blockbuster was very short lived. It came late and didn’t last long. We had 2 large chains, Horizon Video and Family Video. Eventually Family Video picked them up. They just closed last year. Kinda sucks because large areas here have no access to internet good enough to watch movies. At least we have resale shops but selection is very small at most of them. I do know one place with good selection.

Written By: Howard on 04/09/21 at 5:02 am

I like how Blockbuster's external sign looked (on the curved down roof section).

https://cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/tronc/DKKQZHVIZX6BJOCVO2ZWPT5ADY.jpg

Written By: AstroPoug on 04/12/21 at 5:39 pm

You still use DVDs and CDs regularly
You are completely unaware of SJWs and the alt-right
You find modern TV and animation completely unrecognizable. When asked to name a cartoon, you respond "Ed Edd n Eddy, Foster's Home, Jimmy Neutron"
You hardly use a smartphone to browse the internet, only a desktop computer, preferably Dell or HP

Written By: Slim95 on 04/12/21 at 10:29 pm

You still use DVDs and CDs regularly
You are completely unaware of SJWs and the alt-right
You find modern TV and animation completely unrecognizable. When asked to name a cartoon, you respond "Ed Edd n Eddy, Foster's Home, Jimmy Neutron"
You hardly use a smartphone to browse the internet, only a desktop computer, preferably Dell or HP

This is definitely me

Check for new replies or respond here...