inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: If there were no tech changes in the late 2000s

Written By: Slim95 on 05/29/21 at 2:57 pm

Pretend in an alternate universe there wasn't the massive advancements in tech in the late 2000s (smartphones, flat-screens, facebook, etc.) How different do you think life would be in the 2010s? It would be similar to the 2000s? Imagine if none of that happened and we were sitting in 2021 on flip phones listening to music on an MP3 Player. I would imagine people would socialize more, see each other face to face, and there would be better culture since it would be less accessible to get pop culture from past decades. I kind of wish things went that way...

Subject: Re: If there were no tech changes in the late 2000s

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 05/29/21 at 4:28 pm

Me, too.
I wager there'd also be more creativity.

Written By: Howard on 05/30/21 at 6:55 am

Pretend in an alternate universe there wasn't the massive advancements in tech in the late 2000s (smartphones, flat-screens, facebook, etc.) How different do you think life would be in the 2010s? It would be similar to the 2000s? Imagine if none of that happened and we were sitting in 2021 on flip phones listening to music on an MP3 Player. I would imagine people would socialize more, see each other face to face, and there would be better culture since it would be less accessible to get pop culture from past decades. I kind of wish things went that way...

People would be having face to face conversations, more creativity and more common sense.

Written By: whistledog on 05/30/21 at 11:27 pm

When I was in college back in the early 2000s, I had a math teacher who didn't like us using calculators and he said to me one time "Dear boy, what would you do if computers ceased to exist?"  I responded "I would die just like the rest of the world"

The world has become so dependent on technology, it would be really really difficult to survive without it.  It's like the end of that movie Escape From LA when Snake shuts down electricity permanently.  We'd have to start from scratch

Written By: Howard on 05/31/21 at 7:13 am

When I was in college back in the early 2000s, I had a math teacher who didn't like us using calculators and he said to me one time "Dear boy, what would you do if computers ceased to exist?"  I responded "I would die just like the rest of the world"

The world has become so dependent on technology, it would be really really difficult to survive without it.  It's like the end of that movie Escape From LA when Snake shuts down electricity permanently.  We'd have to start from scratch

I think the world has been getting used to having more technology these days.

Written By: wagonman76 on 05/31/21 at 11:16 am

In college in the 90s, my engineering instructor taught us both cad and board drafting. He said when the power goes out, companies will break out the boards. Not anywhere I worked, I worked at 3 engineering shops in the next 2 years. When the power goes out, we clean up our areas and socialize, and if it stays out we go home.

It’s amazing the kids we see come out of engineering school these days. They are so reliant on 3D modeling, they can’t read a 2D drawing.

Check for new replies or respond here...