inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Things were a lot less futuristic before 2006

Written By: Slim95 on 08/26/21 at 11:39 pm

I don't know if you guys remember things from before 2006, but I do, and the vibe felt totally different. There wasn't that "new" futuristic vibe in the air that 2006-onwards had. I'm not trying to dminish the shift of 2008, but there was a completely different vibe after 2006. Those old enough to remeber will get what I'm saying. When you heard Justin Timberlake's Sexy Back on the radio you just knew something was different and something changed.

Subject: Re: Things were a lot less futuristic before 2006

Written By: LooseBolt on 08/29/21 at 4:01 am

I agree with something Slim has posted?! WHAAAT???

But seriously, I do feel this. Well, the Y2K era did have some futuristic vibes, but it was in 2006-2008 when I remember turning around, seeing a Wii followed by the iPhone and thought, “Holy crap, we’re entering The Future.”

Subject: Re: Things were a lot less futuristic before 2006

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/29/21 at 8:25 am

I do remember on here back in 2006 or shortly after it was described as the year that the future began. It was also the year that Blu-ray (and short lived HD-DVD) came out. Although I felt 2007 was even a bigger jump when the iPhone was released and more harder sounding electro music. Meanwhile there were some advances in 2005 such as the next gen on iPods with video capability compared to the monochrome screens of the previous gen, and those mini Sony Walkman mp3 players, the Razr phone and Blackberry, and Bluetooth headsets (though some of the latter ones might have been out before '05).

Check for new replies or respond here...