inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Wire (2002-2008) television show

Written By: JimiBoy04 on 09/11/21 at 1:04 pm

Is anybody here familiar with this show called "The Wire"?

It ran from June 2, 2002 to March 9, 2008 (the day after my 4th birthday!). It only received average ratings during it's original run and never won any major television awards. Over the years however, it grew in esteem, and is now widely considered to be one of, if not THE greatest show on television.

It's like a crime drama/serial drama based in Baltimore, Maryland. It has 5 seasons, and each season focuses on a different institution of the city. For example, the five subjects, in chronological order are: the illegal drug trade, the port system, the city government and bureaucracy, education and schools, and the print news medium.

It's also known for its literary themes and its accurate exploration of society and politics, and its realistic portrayal of urban life. Is anybody here familiar with this show?

Subject: Re: The Wire (2002-2008) television show

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/11/21 at 9:36 pm

Yes, that's a good show from the episodes I've seen. It's where Michael B. Jordan started his acting career. Meanwhile sadly Michael K. Williams who had probably the biggest role as Omar passed away a few days ago.

Subject: Re: The Wire (2002-2008) television show

Written By: JimiBoy04 on 09/12/21 at 9:15 pm

Yes, that's a good show from the episodes I've seen. It's where Michael B. Jordan started his acting career. Meanwhile sadly Michael K. Williams who had probably the biggest role as Omar passed away a few days ago.

Yes, it's a very good show. May Mr. Williams R.I.P.

Check for new replies or respond here...