inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Which Rock Band was more popular in the 2000’s: Switchfoot OR Relient K?

Written By: ac01c9e17 on 10/18/21 at 3:25 pm

And which band did you prefer back then and prefer now and why?

Both bands put out their BEST STUFF in the Mid-2000’s and the quality of both bands’ music went downhill in the Late-2000’s/Early-2010’s (though Relient K fell off a cliff WAY HARDER IMO).

But I’m going to say Relient K even though Switchfoot’s hit songs charted higher and their biggest selling album, The Beautiful Letdown went Mult-Platinum and Relient K’s biggest selling album, Mmhmm only went Gold….I’d have to imagine Relient K was the cooler band for non-Christians and secular music fans to listen to because their songs made it on TRL countdowns an they attracted a lot of people who were big into pop-punk bands like Green Day, Sum 41 and Blink-182 and most of album sales came from secular music fans while most of Switchfoot’s album sales came from and still comes from CCM music fans.

Subject: Re: Which Rock Band was more popular in the 2000’s: Switchfoot OR Relient K?

Written By: Fearsword on 11/01/21 at 8:28 am

Switchfoot, havent heart of Relient k haha

Subject: Re: Which Rock Band was more popular in the 2000’s: Switchfoot OR Relient K?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/02/21 at 2:56 pm

Switchfoot, havent heart of Relient k haha
I have not of both of these bands.

Check for new replies or respond here...