inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I really miss the core 00s.

Written By: pucketbenson on 03/25/22 at 5:14 pm

the emo culture, the flip phones, myspace, early youtube. 00s slang. (pwnd, getting crunked ect) DVDs. ps2.  ect. those were great years. nothing like true 00s has ever been seen before or will ever be seen again. time is a pain.

Subject: Re: I really miss the core 00s.

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/26/22 at 10:30 am

Yeah, I miss that time as well. Right now there's a lot of nostalgia for that time, but nothing will ever be the same as then.

Written By: pucketbenson on 03/26/22 at 11:16 am

yeah man. it really annoys me how when most people talk about the 00s they immediately point to the y2k/late 90s holdover era (2000-2003) don't get me wrong. those were magical years and I miss them too. but that not the REAL 00s. the REAL 00s is the pop punk/myspace/emo/Iraq/war/ps2/flip phone/dvd/ ect era I am nostalgic for both eras but they are verry distinct and the 00s label belongs to the later. people should stress early 00s or y2k when they refer to the late 90s holdover era of thee early 00s.

Written By: NightmareFarm on 03/26/22 at 12:08 pm

I wish I remembered the core 00s properly as a kid. All I remember from the core 2000s is 2006-2007 and only faintly as well  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 04/02/22 at 9:55 am

the emo culture

A person of culture, I see. When I get on my laptop, I'm gonna give you good karma.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 04/09/22 at 2:33 am

I like some music from 2004 that is non-emo, as well. Senses Fail's first studio album comes to mind, especially the song with the same name as the album itself.

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/09/22 at 7:26 am

I like some music from 2004 that is non-emo, as well. Senses Fail's first studio album comes to mind, especially the song with the same name as the album itself.

I listened to mostly rap and r&b around that time, like Usher, Ludacris, Lil' Jon, Snoop Dogg, Omarion, etc.

Written By: doublejm1 on 04/17/22 at 11:40 pm

I listened to mostly rap and r&b around that time, like Usher, Ludacris, Lil' Jon, Snoop Dogg, Omarion, etc.

I've been an Usher fan since he released My Way in the late 90s. I feel he reached the height of success during his Confessions run in 2004. The album that followed wasn't nearly as good. He had a few good songs later on (DJ's Got Us Falling in Love and OMG among them) but he was never again as wildly popular.

I'd say the other heavyweights in hip hop and R&B during those years were:

50 Cent/G-Unit
Ludacris
Kanye West
Black-Eyed Peas
Beyonce
The Game
Akon
T-Pain
Chris Brown
Ne-Yo
Jermaine Dupre
Eminem

Written By: MyAdidas on 04/18/22 at 3:56 pm

Chapelle show was revolutionary.

Check for new replies or respond here...