inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Window Into 2004 Thread

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 04/03/22 at 8:46 pm

2004 is one of those years I wish I had way more memories of. All I remember is my first day of kindergarten, using Windows XP at school and thinking I would fail some class if I pressed the wrong button, watching Napoleon Dynamite in the living room with my parents, and maybe my first day in the gifted and talented program (I was told later on that that's what it was, which makes me wonder how they figured out I was a fit for the program that early on in my school life).

Oh yeah, and I got Yoshi's Island for the Gameboy Advance that year.

I'm not completely unaware of the general feel of the year. I know my chosen culture got popular or at least semi-popular that year. I still want to know some other stuff that was happening besides Bush's reelection, especially in terms of what entertainment was like outside of GTA San Andreas which I like playing but didn't know about until 2009 or maybe 2008.

Subject: Re: Window Into 2004 Thread

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/03/22 at 9:00 pm

2004 is one of those years I wish I had way more memories of. All I remember is my first day of kindergarten, using Windows XP at school and thinking I would fail some class if I pressed the wrong button, watching Napoleon Dynamite in the living room with my parents, and maybe my first day in the gifted and talented program (I was told later on that that's what it was, which makes me wonder how they figured out I was a fit for the program that early on in my school life).

Man, using a computer the first day of kindergarten. When I was in kindergarten computers didn't even exist. Certainly not as we know them now, anyway. Push button phones didn't even exist yet.  :D

Written By: kr37 on 04/04/22 at 7:45 am

2004 was my second half of kindergarten and first half of first grade. My classrooms for these years were next door to each other. Kindergarten was only in the morning for me, and first grade was all day. Each day in kindergarten we would start by playing with a different activity, my favorite being playing with the wooden blocks and my least favorite being a set of plastic animals. I would always leave the plastic animals until Friday because they were my least favorite and I didn't want to play with them earlier in the week.
I remember there was a new house being built that I would look at every day on my way to school. I also remember my favorite car was the Honda Element, which had come out recently and I had two toy versions of. I was also fascinated by the bright colors of highlighters for some reason. Just a few of my random memories of 2004. ;D

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 05/08/22 at 6:47 pm

Anyone else have stuff to add?

Written By: batfan2005 on 05/09/22 at 5:22 pm

It was a fun year for me. I was 25 and remember it most for Usher songs like Yeah!, Let it Burn, Confessions Part II, and My Boo. Also remember playing a lot of GameCube, the road trip up to Northern California, and buying my first house. I'm especially nostalgic for the later half of 2004, and the first half of 2005.

Written By: JimiBoy04 on 05/10/22 at 1:58 pm

I was gifted with life that year, and I am very grateful for it.

I pay tribute to 2004 all the time. Mainly through music, but also through the games, TV shows, and movies that came out that year too.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 02/26/23 at 9:44 pm

I really love track number 8 (Populace in Two) here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHMXYqeBe8A

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/14/23 at 8:15 am

I was gifted with life that year, and I am very grateful for it.

I pay tribute to 2004 all the time. Mainly through music, but also through the games, TV shows, and movies that came out that year too.

The movies I remember most from that year include I-Robot, The Day After Tomorrow, Aliens vs. Predator, Troy, Alexander, Mean Girls, 13 Going on 30, Napoleon Dynamite, and one of my favorite Christmas movies - The Polar Express.

The TV shows I remember are The Apprentice (never knew he would be president back then), Laguna Beach, Lost, Pimp My Ride, Veronica Mars, Desperate Housewives, Entourage, House

For games, the one that stands out the most is GTA San Andreas even though I didn't play it until 2007 (didn't have a PS2 until then). As I mentioned earlier I was playing Gamecube, and most of the games I was playing that time were released in 2003.

Check for new replies or respond here...