inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Summer 2005 for movies - Flop or Not

Written By: Starro23 on 06/06/22 at 11:10 pm

How do we feel about Summer 2005's Summer slate ?

Subject: Re: Summer 2005 for movies - Flop or Not

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/07/22 at 10:05 am

I feel like it was the best summer for movies of the entire decade. You had Star Wars Ep. III, Batman Begins, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Fantastic Four, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, War of the Worlds, The Island, Wedding Crashers, 40 Year Old Virgin, and so much more.

Written By: 90skid93 on 06/07/22 at 9:40 pm

I feel like it was the best summer for movies of the entire decade. You had Star Wars Ep. III, Batman Begins, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Fantastic Four, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, War of the Worlds, The Island, Wedding Crashers, 40 Year Old Virgin, and so much more.

Good point.  :)

Written By: doublejm1 on 07/18/22 at 11:01 pm

I would add The Longest Yard.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/28/22 at 4:19 pm

The last good year for comedy movies. I feel like the Comedy genre has truly went downhill since.  :o

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/18/22 at 8:53 pm

The last good year for comedy movies. I feel like the Comedy genre has truly went downhill since.  :o

I think it had a few more good years with movies like Superbad and Tropic Thunder. After that it started going downhill with the exception of Ted (2012).

Written By: JacobThePlante on 11/02/22 at 12:53 am

the original Madagascar was playing that summer. In retrospect nothing crazy, but I remember back then it was a huge hit that provided a new breed of animated comedy

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/02/22 at 10:17 am

the original Madagascar was playing that summer. In retrospect nothing crazy, but I remember back then it was a huge hit that provided a new breed of animated comedy

That was a good one as well. I remembered that started the penguin craze. Although not in the summer but I also liked the animated movies Robots and Chicken Little from that year.

Written By: JacobThePlante on 11/13/22 at 9:14 pm

That was a good one as well. I remembered that started the penguin craze. Although not in the summer but I also liked the animated movies Robots and Chicken Little from that year.

Chicken Little's not that good but has VERY strong mid-2000's vibes. Especially the song One Little Slip

Check for new replies or respond here...