inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When you first heard Sexy Back

Written By: Slim95 on 06/20/22 at 11:39 pm

You knew that at that moment you were no longer in the mid 2000s anymore but in a brand new modern era when you first heard that song.

Subject: Re: When you first heard Sexy Back

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/21/22 at 1:37 am

Sometime in 2006, I cannot give the precise date.

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/21/22 at 6:27 am

Sometime in 2006, I cannot give the precise date.

I think it was in the summer some time, either June or July. I can't remember if it was before or after the World Cup, or during. I remember it got played out so I didn't have it my playlist, but I liked his follow up song My Love more (I think that was August or September).

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/21/22 at 9:17 am

It's like the "Pump Up the Jam" of the mid-to-late 2000's, the first song of a mini-genre that had a new and futuristic sound.

Written By: karen on 06/21/22 at 9:44 am

I remember disliking it.

I think it was on a Now That’s What I Call Music CD we had at the time, so it was played on repeat in the car.

Written By: piecesof93 on 06/22/22 at 8:22 pm

I didn’t like it and thought it was a weird song. It only grew on me because it was overplayed. In other words, it was shoved down our throats.

Written By: Wink-182 on 06/23/22 at 2:12 pm

Yeah that song did have more of a late 2000s feel and sound to it when I think about it now. It's a catchy song, I'll admit.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/09/22 at 10:30 pm

I think Sexy Back was the most futuristic sounding song of the 2000s.

Written By: batfan2005 on 07/12/22 at 9:07 am

I think Sexy Back was the most futuristic sounding song of the 2000s.

Nah, that's stretching it. There were a lot more futuristic sounding songs in the late 2000's (like Lady Gaga) and even during the Y2K era (though technically most of them released in '99 so they may not count as 2000's like Eiffel 65, Daft Punk, Vengaboys, etc).

Written By: piecesof93 on 07/12/22 at 8:01 pm

Nah, that's stretching it. There were a lot more futuristic sounding songs in the late 2000's (like Lady Gaga) and even during the Y2K era

Yeah like the Black Eyed Peas and eurodance songs from the early 2000s.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/13/22 at 12:30 am

Nah, that's stretching it. There were a lot more futuristic sounding songs in the late 2000's (like Lady Gaga) and even during the Y2K era (though technically most of them released in '99 so they may not count as 2000's like Eiffel 65, Daft Punk, Vengaboys, etc).

Sexy Back was groundbreaking when it came out and no other song sounded like it at that time.

Check for new replies or respond here...