inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Blu-Ray

Written By: 90skid93 on 05/12/23 at 6:28 pm

In your opinion when did the DVD era end and the Blu-ray era begin? 

Subject: Re: Blu-Ray

Written By: whistledog on 05/13/23 at 1:21 am

The DVD era never ended.  New movies are still being released on DVD

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/13/23 at 9:17 am

Not bothering with Blu-Ray, for DVD does me fine.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 05/13/23 at 9:45 am

There never really was a "Blu-ray era". It kind of got bypassed. Things went right to downloading and then, ultimately, streaming. There was a time when every household had a VHS player. And then every household had a DVD player. But there was never any time when every household had a Blu-ray. Not by a longshot.  I myself never even had one. Blu-ray was a thing of the past before it ever really caught hold.

And for those who want to hang on to physical, as the other posts here attest, they tend to do it with DVD and not with Blu-ray. Again, myself included.

Written By: batfan2005 on 05/14/23 at 6:57 am

There never really was a "Blu-ray era". It kind of got bypassed. Things went right to downloading and then, ultimately, streaming. There was a time when every household had a VHS player. And then every household had a DVD player. But there was never any time when every household had a Blu-ray. Not by a longshot.  I myself never even had one. Blu-ray was a thing of the past before it ever really caught hold.

And for those who want to hang on to physical, as the other posts here attest, they tend to do it with DVD and not with Blu-ray. Again, myself included.

It kind of reminds me of laserdiscs in the early to mid-90's, which not many people had as it pretty much went straight from VHS to DVD.

Check for new replies or respond here...