» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Who should Kerry pick as his vice president?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/27/04 at 4:22 pm

I say if wants a chance to win he needs to pick a moderate to balance his super-liberal views out.

Subject: Re: Who should Kerry pick as his vice president?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/27/04 at 4:27 pm

Bill Clinton! Then he could tell Bill stories about Vietnam and Bill could share his stories about sex, lies and freeing criminals from prison!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/27/04 at 4:45 pm

G. W. Bush and John Kerry somehow ended up at the same barbershop. As they sat there, each being worked on by a different barber, not a word was spoken. The barbers were even afraid to start a conversation for fear it would turn to politics. As the barbers finished their shaves, the one who had Kerry in his chair reached for the aftershave. Kerry was quick to stop him saying, "No thanks, my wife Theresa will smell that and think I've been in a whorehouse." The second barber turned to Bush and said, "How about you?" Bush replied, "Go ahead, my wife doesn't know what the inside of a whorehouse smells like.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/27/04 at 4:58 pm

Can't.  When he's killed, Bill can't become president again--thank goodness!! ;D

I said Edwards, that way, when he's killed, my first choice can become pres 8)
;D ;)

Written By: Hairspray on 05/27/04 at 7:23 pm

John Edwards

Written By: Dagwood on 05/27/04 at 7:42 pm

John Edwards.

Written By: AL-B on 05/27/04 at 7:44 pm

ME! ME! ME!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/27/04 at 8:35 pm

Edwards, he's a good Southern boy, young, personable, not as much political baggage as the others.  I don't say Edwards just strategically, I like him.  Peggy Noonan (retch retch retch) sings his praises, too.  But I guarantee if Kerry picks Edwards, she'll start trashing him along with the rest of the right-wing pundits.

Speaking of "pundits," tonight Bill O'Reilly called Michael Kinsley a "far-left bomb-thrower."  It's an amazing paen to the power of propaganda that O'Reilly retains any credibility at all.  On the other hand, Mr. O had Ann Coulter on tonight, compared to whom he's sane and reasonable.

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 05/28/04 at 2:26 pm

I like John Edwards.

The only thing I dread about Kerry picking Edwards are the easy jokes Republicans will have at the fact that "two Johns" are running.  I'm sure they will have some slogan like, "lets stay out of these dirty Johns" or something like that.

Written By: Im Batman on 05/28/04 at 4:43 pm

If Kerry picks McCain, Bush and Cheney are sooooo dead.  Even moreso than they are now.

Written By: SteveH on 05/28/04 at 4:59 pm

He'd probably run less of a risk of having the election stolen from him if he chose William Rehnquist, or maybe Tony Scalia....  :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/28/04 at 5:15 pm

If Kerry picks McCain, Bush and Cheney are sooooo dead.  Even moreso than they are now.

That would be the coup de grace of the Democratic party, a tacit admission to the right-wing that the Dems don't even believe in themselves enough to run two candidates on the same ticket.  I would be so disgusted, I'd register to Republican and vote for Bush.  Heck, if even the Democratic Party goes Republican, the world is coming to an end.  I might as well help administer euthenasia by going GOP myself!
:o

I'm not kidding.  If Kerry picks a Republican, ANY Republican, I will vote AGAINST him, not for Nader, but for Bush.  Liberalism deserves to die if it's gonna stab itself in the back.
McCain pledged his support to Bush's re-elecion (ahem, "election), and vowed NOT to accept a Kerry ticket VP.  However, I've heard rumors about moderate Republican Sen. Chuck Hegel of Nebraska.  I'll be shocked if this happens, though.  My best guess is Edwards.  Kerry's a fool if he DOESN'T pick Edwards.

Written By: AL-B on 05/28/04 at 6:22 pm

I've heard rumors about moderate Republican Sen. Chuck Hegel of Nebraska.
Although I didn't vote for Chuck Hagel, he has proven himself to be a voice of reason in the Republican Party, raising legitimate questions about how the Bush administration has conducted its affairs. I seriously doubt he would join Kerry on the Democratic ticket, and recently he has proposed reinstating the military draft, which a) I personally oppose and b) would alienate much of the traditional Democratic voting base.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/28/04 at 8:52 pm

That would be the coup de grace of the Democratic party, a tacit admission to the right-wing that the Dems don't even believe in themselves enough to run two candidates on the same ticket.  I would be so disgusted, I'd register to Republican and vote for Bush.  Heck, if even the Democratic Party goes Republican, the world is coming to an end.  I might as well help administer euthenasia by going GOP myself!

I'm not kidding.  If Kerry picks a Republican, ANY Republican, I will vote AGAINST him, not for Nader, but for Bush.  Liberalism deserves to die if it's gonna stab itself in the back.
McCain pledged his support to Bush's re-elecion (ahem, "election), and vowed NOT to accept a Kerry ticket VP.  However, I've heard rumors about moderate Republican Sen. Chuck Hegel of Nebraska.  I'll be shocked if this happens, though.  My best guess is Edwards.  Kerry's a fool if he DOESN'T pick Edwards.

For once I agree with you.  If a republican picked a democrat as his VP I would vote for the democrat side.  If your party can't survive otherwise without a ticket of left and right then that party deserves to die.  If Kerry wants a victory he needs a moderate level democrat like Joe Lieberman.  I don't know about Edwards, does anyone know if he is really left or just moderate.  But seriously I heard on CNN that Edwards was seriously last on Kerry's list.  No joke, so sorry to everyone who voted Edwards up above, its not looking good for him (which I personally like, maybe it will hurt Kerry's chances.)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/29/04 at 2:47 am

Although I didn't vote for Chuck Hagel, he has proven himself to be a voice of reason in the Republican Party, raising legitimate questions about how the Bush administration has conducted its affairs. I seriously doubt he would join Kerry on the Democratic ticket, and recently he has proposed reinstating the military draft, which a) I personally oppose and b) would alienate much of the traditional Democratic voting base.

Hegel is one of the Republicans who isn't on board with the neo-conservative agenda.  He's a good egg, but he better watch his step.  I haven't heard the GOP dump on him yet, like they did McCain and Sen. Arlen Specter (PA).  I know they don't like Sen. Lincoln Chaffee (sp.? of RI, either. 

I haven't heard myself who Kerry is considering.  If Edwards is last on his list, as GWB says, I worry.  We've got five full months for Kerry to put on a show of utterly bungling incompetence.  I worry anyway!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/30/04 at 10:05 pm

I got it.  A far-left democrat and a far-right republican!  Imagine the media ''Oh, its so beautiful, far left and far right come together in an effort to unite our country, boo hoo boo hoo.''  HAHAHA.  So lets say......John Kerry and maybe....Pat Bychanan!!!!  Imagine that!  The campaign would be a riot!   http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/menu/fstack.par2bot1.0010.ImageFile.gif

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/31/04 at 12:48 am

I heard a new report on potential running mates for Kerry. I was half asleep, so I can't remember the it all.  Among the mentioned were Gov. Bill Richardson of NM, Gove. Gary Locke of WA.
Locke is part Asian, Richardson is part Latino, that's the thinking, but they say Locke hasn't built up enough national recognition.  I think there was also mention of PA Gov. Ed Rendell, and Sen. Bob Graham. 
Anyway, Kerry's handlers don't want Edwards because they're afraid Edwards would "overshadow" Kerry.  SHEESH! What is he a man or a mouse?  Come on!  Furthermore, they don't think there's any way in hell Kerry will win in SC.  About that, they may be right.
You know who Kerry will probably choose? Gray Davis! I wouldn't put it past him!
:P

Written By: hoogbest on 05/31/04 at 2:40 pm

He needs a Christian, minority, divorced, bi-sexual woman with children who is on welfare and who has no opinion whatsoever..... that would appeal to just about every lefty wacko who has a voter's card and it still won't be enough to beat GW! :)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/31/04 at 2:48 pm

He needs a Christian, minority, divorced, bi-sexual woman with children who is on welfare and who has no opinion whatsoever..... that would appeal to just about every lefty wacko who has a voter's card and it still won't be enough to beat GW! :)

LOL so true.  Difference between democrats and republicans is that democrats want to give you other peoples' money while republicans want to find you a job.  Guess thats why most lazy people who wouldn't work if it meant their life vote for the democrats.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/31/04 at 2:54 pm

LOL so true.  Difference between democrats and republicans is that democrats want to give you other peoples' money while republicans want to find you a job.  Guess thats why most lazy people who wouldn't work if it meant their life vote for the democrats.

The difference between Democrats and Republicans is the Democrat sees the glass and says it's half empty, the Republican sees the glass, takes a leak in it, and sells it to his grandmother as lemonade.
'nuff said!

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/02/04 at 5:07 pm

I'm temped to respond to this.. i will refrain from characterizing it...but no, it speaks for irself.

DC

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/02/04 at 5:12 pm

Yeah, Republicans want to find you a job.  That's why your friend Lil' Georgie has lost more that 3 MILLION jobs in our economy since taking office.  I guess he is finding us jobs in China.  I also find your reference to the unemployeed highly ofensive.  And you conservatives call yourselves the friends of working people while you trash them because your pres puts them out of work.  What hypocracy.

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/02/04 at 5:29 pm

If I were JFK I would ask John Edwards to take the 2nd slot.  Why?  Because Edwards spoke to many of the same issues, and advanced ideas similar to Kerry's (I followed most of the primary campaign "performances" and liked Edwards a lot).  Second, because Edwards "balances the ticket" - a good old new southern boy who rejects the racism of the myth of the old south and speaks for working people regardless of race. 

I can also see Kerry asking Gephert, who has a strong record of supporting labor, but to me is much less attractive as a campaigner.

Regardless, I stick by my bumper sticker: "Like father like son: ONE TERM"

Time to burn the bush - or, refering to another thread, shave it.

Written By: hoogbest on 06/02/04 at 10:22 pm

My last post that you elected not to challenge.....the truth does hurt right Car ;)las!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/02/04 at 10:47 pm

My last post that you elected not to challenge.....the truth does hurt right Car ;)las!

I looked at your last post.  I don't get it.  It doesn't make sense.

Written By: hoogbest on 06/03/04 at 9:49 am

You can pick your VP and pick your nose but you can't wipe your VP off on your pants. :D

Written By: Mangoo on 06/04/04 at 1:16 pm

Im serious when I say this he should pick the Rock.He would get the younger voters,the minorities,and the wrestling fans.Its gonna be a close race but the Rock would put him over the top. ;)

Written By: pennsygirl on 06/04/04 at 2:05 pm

If

Regardless, I stick by my bumper sticker: "Like father like son: ONE TERM"

Don, you left part of it off:

Like father, like son
One term and you're done

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/04/04 at 5:20 pm

I didn't respond to this post because I didn't think it warrented a response.  Further, I found it offesive to the groups you suggest Kerry'r running mate should belong to, as I think was your intent.  The only response one could make would be considered a personal attack, in which I will not engage.  When you post a reasoned, fact based opinion I will repond, but to that post?  There is no point.

And speaking of truth... no, I won't go there. :-X

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/04/04 at 5:23 pm

You can pick your VP and pick your nose but you can't wipe your VP off on your pants. :D

Whatever that means  ???

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/04/04 at 5:29 pm

Don, you left part of it off:

Like father, like son
One term and you're done

Yeah, but it is a short bumber sticker, and gets the point across. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/04/04 at 5:40 pm

I didn't respond to this post because I didn't think it warrented a response.  Further, I found it offesive to the groups you suggest Kerry'r running mate should belong to, as I think was your intent.  The only response one could make would be considered a personal attack, in which I will not engage.  When you post a reasoned, fact based opinion I will repond, but to that post?  There is no point.

And speaking of truth... no, I won't go there. :-X

Conservatives have no problem running down society's less privileged and most vulnerable.  However, when YOU take issue with wealthy businessmen and their corporations, right-wingers act like you're talking about their own virgin daughters.  It's a perverse inversion of values achieved via brainwashing by Mellon-Scaife/Murdoch media.

Sen. Hagel (R. NE) says no to VP rumors once again.  Governor Vilsack of Iowa was mentioned once again, but his national recognition is very low.  Bill Mahar suggested John Edwards on Larry King the other night, a lot of folks want to see that ticket.  Kerry sources report the fear that Edwards will overshadow Kerry.  Maybe Kerry needs to take a Tony Robbins course or something.  Come on! 

Written By: GWBush2004 on 06/04/04 at 6:50 pm

Conservatives have no problem running down society's less privileged and most vulnerable.  However, when YOU take issue with wealthy businessmen and their corporations, right-wingers act like you're talking about their own virgin daughters.  It's a perverse inversion of values achieved via brainwashing by Mellon-Scaife/Murdoch media.

Sen. Hagel (R. NE) says no to VP rumors once again.  Governor Vilsack of Iowa was mentioned once again, but his national recognition is very low.  Bill Mahar suggested John Edwards on Larry King the other night, a lot of folks want to see that ticket.  Kerry sources report the fear that Edwards will overshadow Kerry.  Maybe Kerry needs to take a Tony Robbins course or something.  Come on! 

He is going to pick Hillary R. Clinton, Dick Morris knows says so lol.  But I think it seriously will be Kerry-Clinton '04.  Thats what my money is on.  Some people think it will help Kerry's chances to pick a women, even though Mondale did in 1984 when he ran against Reagan and we all know how that turned out.  Mondale won I think 1 or 2 states, Minnesota for sure and I think a small new england state and Reagan, best modern president, won about 48 or 49 states.  So come on Kerry, Clinton looks good.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/04/04 at 7:19 pm

He is going to pick Hillary R. Clinton, Dick Morris knows says so lol.  But I think it seriously will be Kerry-Clinton '04.  Thats what my money is on.  Some people think it will help Kerry's chances to pick a women, even though Mondale did in 1984 when he ran against Reagan and we all know how that turned out.  Mondale won I think 1 or 2 states, Minnesota for sure and I think a small new england state and Reagan, best modern president, won about 48 or 49 states.  So come on Kerry, Clinton looks good.

Mondale won in Minnesota, his home state, and DC.  That's all!  Nice try, Walt.  The electoral college is a winner-take-all system, so it tends to exaggerate the winner's popularity.  I'd have to look up the results, but in many states, the poular vote was a razor thin margin.  The fact that Ronald Reagan won here in the People's Republic of Massachusetts still blows my mind!
One thing to remember, the REALLY badmouthed Ferraro and her deceased father-in-law's alleged mob connections.  I also have a theory that untold millions of Americans were too sexist to vote for a woman VP. 
Hillary has endured so much defamation at the hands of scumbags like Dick Morris and Christopher Ruddy, that she's too high a risk.  Kerry would be quite foolish to pick her.  The right-wing media machine gives an illusion that Hillary is more hated than she actually is.  However, as long as they have their mudslinging power, a Hillary candidacy is not worth the trouble.

Written By: Mangoo on 06/05/04 at 8:31 am

Exactly my dear no one gives a speech like the Rock! ;)

Heck, I'd vote for him if he ran with the Rock.  Then promptly pay someone to off him ;D  At least listening to the "State of the Union" and the other loooooooong speeches would be entertaining ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/05/04 at 8:36 am

Why are nearly all the choices WASPS?

If Kerry would play the race/heritage card here, he could sew up the election.  Bush has a pretty good Hispanic following.  If Kerry picked a VP candidate of Cuban, Puerto Rican, or Mexican heritage he'd sew up the election quite handily, taking all those votes from Bush.

Kerry can already assume that he will get 90% of the black vote, so picking a black VP candidate gets him almost nothing in the way of added votes.

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/05/04 at 8:39 am

It doesn't matter who he picks, he's still getting my vote.  Shoot, if he chose Howard Stern, I'd be perfectly happy with that! ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/05/04 at 8:44 am

It doesn't matter who he picks, he's still getting my vote.  Shoot, if he chose Howard Stern, I'd be perfectly happy with that! ;)

And Robin Quivers for National Security Director!
:D

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/05/04 at 8:47 am

And Robin Quivers for National Security Director!
:D

HAHA!!  Right on! ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...