» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: By how many votes will GW win tis time?

Written By: hoogbest on 06/04/04 at 6:45 am

Enough to win! 8)

Subject: Re: By how many votes will GW win tis time?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 06/04/04 at 8:14 am

Enough to win! 8)

No-doubt!

Written By: resinchaser on 06/04/04 at 11:44 am

Yeah. Gene Ween is pretty cool.

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/04/04 at 11:56 am

None - if I can help it.

Written By: ! on 06/04/04 at 12:26 pm

His opponent will be winning by a landslide until they get to Flawrida ;) Kerry will have the black and Hispanic vote and Bush will have the Hanging Chad vote.

Written By: pennsygirl on 06/04/04 at 1:09 pm

None - if I can help it.

You read my mind.

Written By: hoogbest on 06/04/04 at 1:17 pm

That means GW wins! ;D

Written By: resinchaser on 06/04/04 at 1:38 pm

Ok we get it. You want Bush to win the election. This is getting so old.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/04/04 at 1:43 pm

Ok we get it. You want Bush to win the election. This is getting so old.

Seriously.  I have no desire to see Flip-Flop Kerry or Nader in office, but what you're doing here is instigating flame wars. 

Written By: hoogbest on 06/04/04 at 2:11 pm

I apologize if I have given that impression.  I have just read some of the anti Bush posts and thought it would be ok to start a pro Bush thread. I will stop.....hopefully you will get the same cooperation from the anti Bush folks. :)

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/04/04 at 3:22 pm

but what you're doing here is instigating flame wars. 

I don't think resinchaser is trying to instigate anything.  ??? 

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/04/04 at 3:39 pm

I don't think resinchaser is trying to instigate anything.  ??? 

Not Resin, Hoogbest.  My fault for not being clear  :-[

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/04/04 at 3:50 pm

I apologize if I have given that impression.  I have just read some of the anti Bush posts and thought it would be ok to start a pro Bush thread. I will stop.....hopefully you will get the same cooperation from the anti Bush folks. :)

Why stop?  The other threads are not anit-Bush in and of themselves, and contain many posts, from you, 80's, GWB2004, and others praising the snivilling little idiot.

To answer the question though, I think he will lose the popular vote by a larger margain than last time.  How that will play out in the electoral collage I have no idea as yet.

Written By: My name is Kenny on 06/04/04 at 3:57 pm

I do not believe Bush will have any problem beating Kerry.  This has nothing to do with my political beliefs; I just do not see Kerry being strong enough to win a presidential election.

Written By: ! on 06/04/04 at 4:19 pm

Plus, Kerry hasn't specified anything at all about our involvement in Iraq either, so if that's a reason to vote against Bush, then same goes for Kerry.

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/04/04 at 5:34 pm

I do not believe Bush will have any problem beating Kerry.  This has nothing to do with my political beliefs; I just do not see Kerry being strong enough to win a presidential election.

Hi Kenny, good to see you again.

I have to disagree.  Last week there were two Congressional by-elections in red states, both won by Democrates.  Bush may remain "popular" whatever that means, but I think people are worried - about Iraq, about the economy, about their jobs, about their Social Security, and I think all this will come our in November.  At least I hope so.  At some point the U.S. electorate has got to start voting its class interests instead of falling for this "cultural war" crap.  I hope the time is now.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/04/04 at 5:53 pm

Five.  Provided you're talking about the "points" system by which he "won" last time--U.S. Supreme Court votes.
8)

Never underestimate the power of the Mellon-Scaife/Murdoch media machine to plant bogus ideas in the minds of the unsuspecting.  Right now, most Americans do not suspect how influential, for instance, the Heritage Foundation is upon the media.
You could read David Brock's The Republican Noise machine.  Or, you could just ask the Heritage Foundation about their punditry-peddling program, they won't deny it.

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/04/04 at 6:05 pm

Five.  Provided you're talking about the "points" system by which he "won" last time--U.S. Supreme Court votes.
8)

Never underestimate the power of the Mellon-Scaife/Murdoch media machine to plant bogus ideas in the minds of the unsuspecting.  Right now, most Americans do not suspect how influential, for instance, the Heritage Foundation is upon the media.
You could read David Brock's The Republican Noise machine.  Or, you could just ask the Heritage Foundation about their punditry-peddling program, they won't deny it.

Haven't read Brock's new book, but I understand very well how the right manipulates the press.  If Bush has a chance, it is  that these fascists will distract voters from their class interests and focus their attention on sillyness.  I hope not, and want to believe that it won't work because, unlike some of our conservative "friends" here, I have faith in the folks of the U.S. and in democracy.  If I'm wrong, I'm planning my escapre rout before they send me to a concentration camp. ;)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 06/04/04 at 6:37 pm

Hey their is a new book for all the people who still believe that Saddam and Osama have no relation.  Its called Connection.  Look for it on amazon and maybe you'll stop thinking something that is WRONG.  Like all democrats who still hold on to the belief that Bush lost in 2000, yet they sure didn't want those military ballots counted?  Wonder why?  Idiots who still think Bush knew in advanced about 9/11 and was secretly waiting.  Propaganda spewed from morons like Soros and Moore.  Makes me sick.

Written By: AL-B on 06/04/04 at 6:48 pm

People, people, people, PLEASE! George Washington has been dead for over 200 years! Give it a rest already!!!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/04/04 at 6:51 pm

People, people, people, PLEASE! George Washington has been dead for over 200 years! Give it a rest already!!!

Think he'd still get the unanimous vote?  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/04/04 at 7:01 pm

Hey their is a new book for all the people who still believe that Saddam and Osama have no relation.  Its called Connection.  Look for it on amazon and maybe you'll stop thinking something that is WRONG.  Like all democrats who still hold on to the belief that Bush lost in 2000, yet they sure didn't want those military ballots counted?  Wonder why?  Idiots who still think Bush knew in advanced about 9/11 and was secretly waiting.  Propaganda spewed from morons like Soros and Moore.  Makes me sick.

Who wrote Connection, pray tell?

Written By: AL-B on 06/04/04 at 7:02 pm

People, people, people, PLEASE! George Wallace has been dead for over 5 years! Give it a rest already!!!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/04/04 at 7:03 pm

People, people, people, PLEASE! George Wallace has been dead for over 5 years! Give it a rest already!!!

Hard to believe anyone actually voted for THAT guy :P

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/04/04 at 8:50 pm

Guess you missed the Pakistani guy who went to the FBI and TOLD them about an Al Qaeda plot to blow up buildings with planes.  Who, btw, passed 4 lie detector tests regarding it, that the FBI decided to blow off.

The way it sounds, it makes it look like the intelligence agencies were at fault for not giving the admin good information.

Hard to go back and say "I told you so" though  :-\\

Written By: GWBush2004 on 06/04/04 at 10:40 pm

Bush will KILL Kerry.  I believe it with a passion.  This is interesting - and meaningless. As we were rudely reminded in 2000, the winner in a presidential election is the guy who gets the most electoral votes.

Last time, Bush beat Gore 271 to 266. Next time, he'll probably defeat his opponent by a much wider margin.

There are various reasons to think so. The economy is strong. The Democratic field is weak. Bush has a great deal of money and the advantages of incumbency.

And then there's air conditioning.

As everyone knows by now, the nation's population is shifting from cold states to hot ones. As it does, the electoral balance of power moves to the air conditioning belt.

Do the math. The Electoral College consists of 538 votes. That figure doesn't change. Neither does 270 - the number needed for victory.

What does change is the division within the college. That's what happened after the 2000 census. Electoral votes were reapportioned in line with population growth. Some states got stronger, some weaker. The gains were almost entirely in the Red States, won by the GOP in 2000. Losses were mostly in the Blue States that went for Gore.

New York, for example, has gone from 33 electoral votes to 31 since the last election. Connecticut has dropped from eight to seven. Pennsylvania, another Blue State, is down to 21 from 23. In all, Blue States have lost seven electoral votes.

What the Democrats lost, the Republicans have gained. Texas, Florida and Arizona each got two additional electoral votes. Altogether, Red States are up by seven.

Suppose Bush wins only these states again in 2004. Last time out, he beat Gore 271 to 266 (there was one abstention in Washington, D.C.). This time, those same states would make the margin of victory a comfortable 278 to 260.

Written By: hoogbest on 06/04/04 at 10:58 pm

Amen....my man. Plus last election for the first time the suburbs out voted the cities and they voted for a Republican. Why....because more people are moving into the suburbs and they are conservative Republicans, the Democrats remain in the city where their numbers thus votes dwindle.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/04/04 at 11:05 pm

Bush will KILL Kerry.  I believe it with a passion.  This is interesting - and meaningless. As we were rudely reminded in 2000, the winner in a presidential election is the guy who gets the most electoral votes.

Last time, Bush beat Gore 271 to 266. Next time, he'll probably defeat his opponent by a much wider margin.

There are various reasons to think so. The economy is strong. The Democratic field is weak. Bush has a great deal of money and the advantages of incumbency.

And then there's air conditioning.

As everyone knows by now, the nation's population is shifting from cold states to hot ones. As it does, the electoral balance of power moves to the air conditioning belt.

Do the math. The Electoral College consists of 538 votes. That figure doesn't change. Neither does 270 - the number needed for victory.

What does change is the division within the college. That's what happened after the 2000 census. Electoral votes were reapportioned in line with population growth. Some states got stronger, some weaker. The gains were almost entirely in the Red States, won by the GOP in 2000. Losses were mostly in the Blue States that went for Gore.

New York, for example, has gone from 33 electoral votes to 31 since the last election. Connecticut has dropped from eight to seven. Pennsylvania, another Blue State, is down to 21 from 23. In all, Blue States have lost seven electoral votes.

What the Democrats lost, the Republicans have gained. Texas, Florida and Arizona each got two additional electoral votes. Altogether, Red States are up by seven.

Suppose Bush wins only these states again in 2004. Last time out, he beat Gore 271 to 266 (there was one abstention in Washington, D.C.). This time, those same states would make the margin of victory a comfortable 278 to 260.

I can't take seriously anything you say about the 2000 election, but your observations about the increase in electoral votes for GOP-favorable states is interesting.  There are dozens of projections, suggestions, and scenarios in which Bush may or may not win.
The fact that 9 out of 10 Americans ARE NOT screaming for his impeachment RIGHT NOW is disgusting.  They've really been hoodwinked. 

Ahh, air conditioning.  The greater the number of people who want air conditioning, the greater the number of people who want cheaper electricity.  Republicans are better at getting us cheaper fuel and energy, right?

Written By: hoogbest on 06/04/04 at 11:10 pm

Republicans are better at most everything! ;)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/04/04 at 11:12 pm

That's pretty presumptuous.

And I'm a Republican.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/04/04 at 11:20 pm

Mostly better at using money to subvert the interests of the people.  Once you've done that, you get everything else.  You can even get the people to swallow your poison, without pointing guns at them.  Stalin would have hired the RNC to give seminars at the Kremlin.

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/05/04 at 12:15 pm

Mostly better at using money to subvert the interests of the people.  Once you've done that, you get everything else.  You can even get the people to swallow your poison, without pointing guns at them.  Stalin would have hired the RNC to give seminars at the Kremlin.

Right on, except for the last  sentance, which, I think, is a bit extreme.

Written By: hoogbest on 06/05/04 at 12:26 pm

When are you people going to be able to see the difference between an opinion and a truism.  You waste so much time moaning and groaning about minutiae while loosing sight of the big picture. That is why we Republicans keep whiping your butts! 8) Just ask Kerry.

Written By: My name is Kenny on 06/05/04 at 3:27 pm

I have to disagree.  Last week there were two Congressional by-elections in red states, both won by Democrates.  Bush may remain "popular" whatever that means, but I think people are worried - about Iraq, about the economy, about their jobs, about their Social Security, and I think all this will come our in November.  At least I hope so.  At some point the U.S. electorate has got to start voting its class interests instead of falling for this "cultural war" crap.  I hope the time is now.

I don't think that matters.  Just because people aren't happy about Bush doesn't mean they're going to vote for Kerry.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/05/04 at 4:37 pm

Right on, except for the last  sentance, which, I think, is a bit extreme.

It's hyperbole, or as some people around here would say, hyper-bowl!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/05/04 at 4:41 pm

When are you people going to be able to see the difference between an opinion and a truism.  You waste so much time moaning and groaning about minutiae while loosing sight of the big picture. That is why we Republicans keep wiping your butts! 8) Just ask Kerry.

The picture of what? Lynnde England?
;D

Check for new replies or respond here...