» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Correction about a statement I made about Nader.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 07/01/04 at 1:41 am

Recently I said that Ralph Nader made his first ballot in Arizona, but after just reading an article in the New York Times found out that Arizona is the 7th state Nader has made.  He has also made: Florida, Michigan, Mississippi, Colorado, Kansas and Montana.  I until recently thought those were states Nader was eligible for, but they are really states he has already made.

-A side note:  The results for the Oregon ballot have not come in yet, it will take another two weeks.  Nader needed 1,000 signatures and he got 950 petitons, most signed by only 1 person but some signed by several people so its to soon to tell.  Also Nader has made the required 5,000 signatures to make the ballot in Ohio but his goal is to get 8,000 signatures in case some are thought to be invalid.

Subject: Re: Correction about a statement I made about Nader.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/01/04 at 1:51 am

Thanks for the update.  You know, it's kinda touching to see a Bush boy so concerned with old Ralph.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 07/01/04 at 2:05 am

Thanks for the update.  You know, it's kinda touching to see a Bush boy so concerned with old Ralph.

HAHAHHAHAHAHA

Also forgot to mention that David Cobb, the Green Party's nominee will be on 23 state ballots, which means quite a few states will have four candidates: Bush, Kerry, Nader, and Cobb.  Not sure which 23 states Cobb will be on though...

Also a lot of democrats think ''if Nader is not on the ballot he won't get any votes.''  WRONG.  If Nader does not make a ballot in your state, their is always a write-in ballot, good in all 50 states.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/01/04 at 2:17 am

HAHAHHAHAHAHA

Also forgot to mention that David Cobb, the Green Party's nominee will be on 23 state ballots, which means quite a few states will have four candidates: Bush, Kerry, Nader, and Cobb.  Not sure which 23 states Cobb will be on though...

Also a lot of democrats think ''if Nader is not on the ballot he won't get any votes.''  WRONG.  If Nader does not make a ballot in your state, their is always a write-in ballot, good in all 50 states.

I wrote in Nader in '96.  Not this year, though.  I saw David Cobb's acceptance speech on C-Span.  He seemed as much a parody of the Left as the Constitution Party candidate seemed of the Right.  C-Span broadcast the Constitution Party candidate's speech just before David Cobb's.  The Constitution Party guy seemed vindictive, paranoid, mean, and petty.  Cobb seemed soft, bleeding-heart, PC, and confused.  At either convention, I'd have been thrown out for heckling!

Written By: Hairspray on 07/01/04 at 12:00 pm

I'd have been thrown out for heckling!

LOL! ;D Me too.

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/02/04 at 4:46 pm

Well of course he would be, its the only chance little Georgie has, but I think the ground swell is growing and Jr will, like his dad, be one term Georgie.  When that happens, the task will become moving the Dems to the left and crippling younger brother Jeb.  The Justice Dept. might be usefull in that context, as in putting our current pres where he belongs, ie, behind bars - and I would hope for hard time.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 07/02/04 at 7:16 pm

Note:  Nader fails to make Arizona ballot, democrats sued and Nader couldn't afford the lawsuit!  Nader is mad, he made the following statement on his website:

''The script of the dictacrats is now clear.  As we focus on our Declaration of Independence from concentrated corporate power, people should be outraged this Fourth of July weekend that the Democrats are working diligently to stifle public debate and to limit your options this election year. 
The Nader/Camejo Campaign’s efforts to achieve fair ballot access will be obstructed across the United States from now until November by dictatorial Democratic cadres.

Let us share with you a national recap:

-In Texas we encountered unreasonable and unconstitutional signature requirements and a law that favors political parties by granting them extra petitioning time and a lower signature requirement than Independents.  The Democrats, who have abandoned Texas, have threatened to intervene to block our access in a totally safe state for Republicans.
-In Oregon, Democrats deliberately and deceptively stacked our nominating convention auditorium attempting to leave no room for our supporters.
-In Arizona, the Democrats hired three law firms to mount legal assaults on technicalities to keep us off the ballot.
-In Illinois, it's more of the same--another lawsuit to block our access.

At every turn, the Democratic Party and its front groups have gone out of their way, willing to spend millions of dollars to deliberately limit the free exercise of democracy.  From the steady barrage of anti-Nader campaigns to actual, harassing challenges to our petition drives, it is made ever-more clear, the Democrats would prefer to block the Nader/Camejo voters and the rights of these millions of voters to vote for a candidate of their choice.

Is their response to debate the issues?  No!  It is to anti-democratically attack our ballot access and, more importantly, the right of millions to vote for more choices and voices come November.

On Sunday, the Fourth of July, our country will celebrate its Independence.  Let us reflect on all of the challenges Americans have fought and won--especially for the right to vote--and count ourselves among those committed to continuing to confront the forces aligned against free and fair elections.

Tune in to NBC's Meet the Press this Sunday at 8 a.m. Eastern Standard Time to see and hear Ralph.  Check your local listings because of NBC's coverage of Wimbledon.''

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/02/04 at 7:29 pm

Note:  Nader fails to make Arizona ballot, democrats sued and Nader couldn't afford the lawsuit!  Nader is mad, he made the following statement on his website:

''The script of the dictacrats is now clear.  As we focus on our Declaration of Independence from concentrated corporate power, people should be outraged this Fourth of July weekend that the Democrats are working diligently to stifle public debate and to limit your options this election year. 
The Nader/Camejo Campaign’s efforts to achieve fair ballot access will be obstructed across the United States from now until November by dictatorial Democratic cadres.

Is there anything else  you LIKE about Nader, other than that he attacks the Democrats?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/02/04 at 7:30 pm

Wow, GW. It sounds like you are going to vote for Nader.

Cat

Written By: GWBush2004 on 07/02/04 at 7:35 pm

I especially like the dictacrats remark.  Seems true.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 07/02/04 at 7:58 pm

Except for ending:
                                   Slavery, fascism, Naziism, and communism.
                                                       WAR
                                             Has never solved anything.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/02/04 at 11:15 pm

Except for ending:
                                                       WAR

Who the heck said "war never solved anything"?

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/03/04 at 3:26 pm

Except for ending:
                                                       WAR

What does this have to do with the topic?

The fact that Nader is spending more time attacking Democrats than Republicans is quite telling.  Not only had Mader lost it, he is becoming increasingly counter productive.

Check for new replies or respond here...