» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Lastest hostage beheaded

Written By: Dagwood on 07/03/04 at 1:48 pm

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&e=1&u=/nm/20040703/ts_nm/iraq_usa_hostage_dc

It hasn't be confirmed by the military yet but I am sure it is true.  They also say they have another hostage.

This hits close to home.  The Marine lived here in Utah with his family.  My thoughts and prayers are with them.  :\'(

Subject: Re: Lastest hostage beheaded

Written By: Dagwood on 07/03/04 at 3:58 pm

Something even more awful.  The press released it and a reporter called the family for conformation.  The family hadn't heard anything.  Can you imagine finding out that way?

They still haven't confirmed, the family is praying.  (well the leader of the mosque said that.  The family hasn't been in the limelight at all)

Written By: Dagwood on 07/04/04 at 5:55 pm

Now the group that has him is denying it.  I would hate to be his family right now...this is just a horrible thing to put a family through.

Written By: saver on 07/05/04 at 2:03 pm

???As of12 noon PDTthey (on the news) are saying, he's stillalive...

Maybe a new game they are playing?

Written By: Dagwood on 07/05/04 at 2:17 pm

I don't think we will find out the truth until he either walks out of there or they find his body.

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/05/04 at 4:10 pm

I don't think we will find out the truth until he either walks out of there or they find his body.

This is certainly very heart-wrentching and I do sincerely hope for the best for both this young man and his family.  Stories of personal trajedy and potential loss (fingers crossed that it is still potential, or better still that he has been released) are always moving.  The deeper issue, however, was expressed in a MASH episode exchange between Hawkeye and Henry Blake.  Henry told Hawkeye that there are two rules of war.  Rule 1: young men die.  Rule 2: doctors can't change rule 1.  But maybe the politicians that drive nations to war can be held to account for their actions.  That might make them more reluctant to sacrifice "other men's sons" to their vanity and hubris - a line from another MASH episode.

Written By: Dagwood on 07/05/04 at 4:56 pm

Now Arab tv has said he has been released.  I truly hope that this is the case. 

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&e=1&u=/nm/20040705/ts_nm/iraq_marine_dc

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/05/04 at 5:27 pm

Now Arab tv has said he has been released.  I truly hope that this is the case. 

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&e=1&u=/nm/20040705/ts_nm/iraq_marine_dc

Me too, but the deeper questions remain.

Check for new replies or respond here...