» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: July 5th is Naked Day!

Written By: AL-B on 07/03/04 at 8:14 pm

Everyone knows that the Fourth of July is the most kick*ss holiday of the year. It's not so much a holiday as it is a nationwide PARTY. It's in the middle of the summer, there's parades, barbecues, cute girls walking around in shorts, and best of all, YOU GET TO BLOW SH*T UP!!! :)
      However, July 5th is always a downer. The 4th is the high point of the summer and everything just goes downhill from there. (Especially when you're still in school. After July 4th you start counting off the days until school starts back up. :()
      Therefore, my friends, I propose that we make July 5th a national holiday as well. I propose that this holiday be called "Naked Day." During this 24-hour period it shall be perfectly legal for anyone over the age of 18 to walk around stark raving naked if they so choose. I think that this would help to solve America's problems with obesity, because I think it would inspire millions of Americans to lose weight so they can look good in the nude.
      Are you with me??? Write your congressmen and your senators, together we can GET THIS DONE!!!

Subject: Re: July 5th is Naked Day!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/03/04 at 10:27 pm

Everyone knows that the Fourth of July is the most kick*ss holiday of the year. It's not so much a holiday as it is a nationwide PARTY. It's in the middle of the summer, there's parades, barbecues, cute girls walking around in shorts, and best of all, YOU GET TO BLOW SH*T UP!!! :)
      However, July 5th is always a downer. The 4th is the high point of the summer and everything just goes downhill from there. (Especially when you're still in school. After July 4th you start counting off the days until school starts back up. :()
      Therefore, my friends, I propose that we make July 5th a national holiday as well. I propose that this holiday be called "Naked Day." During this 24-hour period it shall be perfectly legal for anyone over the age of 18 to walk around stark raving naked if they so choose. I think that this would help to solve America's problems with obesity, because I think it would inspire millions of Americans to lose weight so they can look good in the nude.
      Are you with me??? Write your congressmen and your senators, together we can GET THIS DONE!!!

It's the people who you'd least want to see naked who would most choose to do it!
:P

Written By: GWBush2004 on 07/03/04 at 11:03 pm

God no.  It would be all middle-aged obese men with enough hair on their back to clog up a horses' windpipe.  Anyone else LOADED up on fireworks: bottle rockets, sparklers, M-90's, roman candles, and ''Old glory.'' ;D

Written By: Jessica on 07/04/04 at 12:58 am

God no.  It would be all middle-aged obese men with enough hair on their back to clog up a horses' windpipe.

I saw that type of person wandering around in a Speedo at the beach in Santa Cruz last summer. It was horrifying. :o ;D

Written By: Paul on 07/04/04 at 5:17 am

I'd frighten the neighbours...they've got heart conditions already...!!

Written By: Bobby on 07/04/04 at 6:51 am

I'd frighten the neighbours...they've got heart conditions already...!!

What from? Frightening the neighbours previously, Paul (j/k).  ;D

I must commend (but don't endorse) anyone who goes about naked (regardless of physical shape). It must take a lot of guts to do something you are not really conditioned to do.  :)

Written By: saver on 07/04/04 at 6:09 pm

WEEE-HEEE....HERE I AM!!!!! Looky -Looky! I AAAMMM NEEEEKKKKEEDDD!! ;D

And...uh,  :-\\ ....Hey, where's everybody else..they all have clothes on!

Dang, I was PUNKED!!!! ???

Written By: saver on 07/04/04 at 6:13 pm

Ever notice the celebrity look-a-likes never do a naked spread?

They only last as long as the star is popular, so what do they do afterward?
(Like the 'old' Mike Jackson impersonators)...

Just an idea that the mags that do the naked radio people and naked Hooters workers can get some great $$ by doing the naked Look-a-likes.

Just a thought: At naked dance parties do they play 'SCHWING!" music?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/05/04 at 1:29 pm

I have absolutely nothing against nudity. I can't say that I am proud of how I look without clothes on but I am not ashamed of it either. But, I am not an exhibitionist. When we are out on the boat, I wear as little clothing as possible. I'm sure I gave some guy a great show one time when I was on deck topless. I have also been to a nude beach before.

I went out to lunch one day in the town I used to live in, I looked out the window and saw three women walking across the parking lot topless. The guy I was with almost fell out the window as he kept watching them.  ::)  We told the waitress about it and she said, "Oh, did they come this way?" We didn't realize there was a topless parade that day. Men and women marching down the street topless. One woman I used to work with said that those people had no respect for their bodies. I thought just the opposite. They had much respect for their bodies and were not ashamed of it. More power to them. But, I don't think I could do that-mainly because who knows if I would have ran into someone I knew.  :-[

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/05/04 at 4:38 pm

. But, I don't think I could do that-mainly because who knows if I would have ran into someone I knew.  :-[

Cat

I assume you are talking figuratively?  ;)

Actually, I have another suggestion, a bit less risquee.  Richard Henry Lee's resolution for independance was passed on July 2, 1776.  Jefferson's (with help from Franklyn and Adam's) document was approved, after about 1/3 was deleted, on the 4th.  Why not celebrate both days?  And since 1 day back at work would be unproductive anyway, take the 3rd too.  Call it National Birthday Week and do it right!

As to Naked Day(s), make it August 1-7, National Naked, anti Puritanism week.  The fundamentalists would s..t bricks.

Written By: gamblefish on 07/05/04 at 6:01 pm

I'm with ya AL-B!!

The human body is a wonderful creation...modesty and social pressure forces people to be ashamed of this gift.

I'm naked at home most all the time and wear as little as necessary out in public. Much clothing is uncomfortable and impractical.

I am all for total body freedom...

Nude is not rude!!

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/06/04 at 4:24 pm

I'm with ya AL-B!!

The human body is a wonderful creation...modesty and social pressure forces people to be ashamed of this gift.

I'm naked at home most all the time and wear as little as necessary out in public. Much clothing is uncomfortable and impractical.

I am all for total body freedom...

Nude is not rude!!

I absolutely agree.  Get naked.  Enjoy the breeze on your skin, let the sun make vitamin D, enjoy the view, have fun!!!

Written By: Mushroom on 07/06/04 at 4:38 pm

I am naked as I write this!

Happy Naked Day!

;D

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/06/04 at 4:43 pm

I can't help but notice tyhat CAT is the only female who has responded positively to this thread.  I guess you all think we guys are a bunch of dirty old men. 

Comments?

Written By: Jessica on 07/06/04 at 5:12 pm

I do usually run around naked....if no one is home. :P

I don't know if I'd really have the guts to go out in public in my birthday suit, though. I don't have a problem with other people doing it and I think it's great that they have so much confidence. :)

Written By: AL-B on 07/06/04 at 7:20 pm

God no.  It would be all middle-aged obese men with enough hair on their back to clog up a horses' windpipe.  Anyone else LOADED up on fireworks: bottle rockets, sparklers, M-90's, roman candles, and ''Old glory.'' ;D
Ah, but GW, don't forget that this is nothing that a couple of well-aimed Whistling Moon Travelers couldn't take care of. Two of these between the shoulder blades and hopefully ol' Joey Buttafuoco would get the hint and he'd shave his back for Naked Day.  You know, now that I think about it, maybe walking around naked outside on July 5th isn't such a good idea. There'd probably be a bunch of punk kids running around trying to shoot their leftover bottle rockets up your butt. (Or Roman candles at your ding-ding!!! :o :o :o)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/07/04 at 11:31 pm

Ah, but GW, don't forget that this is nothing that a couple of well-aimed Whistling Moon Travelers couldn't take care of. Two of these between the shoulder blades and hopefully ol' Joey Buttafuoco would get the hint and he'd shave his back for Naked Day.  You know, now that I think about it, maybe walking around naked outside on July 5th isn't such a good idea. There'd probably be a bunch of punk kids running around trying to shoot their leftover bottle rockets up your butt. (Or Roman candles at your ding-ding!!! :o :o :o)

Oh, actually, you know what makes a great holder for Roman candles and a great launch for bottle rockets?  Hint, it can be an effective muffler for firecrackers, but you gotta condition yourself carefully.

Written By: cancemini2real on 05/29/05 at 9:12 pm

bucket naked, ??? Don't give any ideas! ;)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/29/05 at 10:39 pm

The last thing I want to do on July 5 is be naked. Way too cold.  :P

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/30/05 at 3:31 pm

The last thing I want to do on July 5 is be naked. Way too cold.  :P

Then turn up the heat.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/01/05 at 3:37 am

Then turn up the heat.
;D ;D

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/01/05 at 1:25 pm

Then turn up the heat.

Pun intended.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/01/05 at 4:43 pm

I can't help but notice tyhat CAT is the only female who has responded positively to this thread.  I guess you all think we guys are a bunch of dirty old men. 

Comments?

Well you won't get an argument from me about that, and there isn't much I don't argue about  ;D

Written By: 90s boy on 06/02/05 at 5:02 am

with the way this contrey going  i don't think will ever be able to have a day were we can be naked lol

Written By: danootaandme on 06/02/05 at 5:39 pm

with the way this contrey going  i don't think will ever be able to have a day were we can be naked lol

I'd say that is the naked truth  ;D

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/02/05 at 5:42 pm

Watch out for those leftover fireworks, nudists. ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 06/02/05 at 5:45 pm

Wonder what they do during mosquito season?    ::)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/05/05 at 8:07 am

That's today!  :D ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/05/05 at 1:34 pm

Can't go naked today. Having dinner with my youngest step-daughter and her mother. I'm sure Carlos' ex would love to see me naked.  :o :o

Cat

Written By: Carrie on 07/05/05 at 1:56 pm

I spent part of the day naked today!... in the shower. ::)

Written By: FaultyDog on 07/05/05 at 2:03 pm

Unless I'm very mistaken, there already IS an International Nudist Day (or whatever they call it) on June 5th. So we're one month belated. :-\\
However, it's still illegal to undress or be naked in public around the globe (maybe with a few exceptions that I don't know of), so that battle is still on!

Written By: FaultyDog on 07/05/05 at 2:10 pm

Unless I'm very mistaken, there already IS an International Nudist Day (or whatever they call it) on June 5th. So we're one month belated. :-\\
However, it's still illegal to undress or be naked in public around the globe (maybe with a few exceptions that I don't know of), so that battle is still on!

Just found out that it's called World Naturist Day - and it was indeed celebrated on June 5th.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 07/05/05 at 2:13 pm

Hello, everyone! I just thought I'd stop in and wish everyone a happy Naked Day. I hope you all had a safe and fun holiday weekend.  :)

La Sine Pesroh
                                             (formerly AL-B)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/05/05 at 2:17 pm

Hello, everyone! I just thought I'd stop in and wish everyone a happy Naked Day. I hope you all had a safe and fun holiday weekend.  :)

La Sine Pesroh
                                              (formerly AL-B)

Hey Al. We miss you.  ;D

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/05/05 at 10:07 pm

I say if people want to parade around naked, more power to them.  My husband and I went to a clothing optional beach in St. Martin and it was great!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/05/05 at 10:10 pm

I saw that type of person wandering around in a Speedo at the beach in Santa Cruz last summer. It was horrifying. :o ;D
Hey Sweetheart, that was "Crazy Don" :o :D ;)

Written By: woops on 07/05/05 at 10:19 pm

An alternative of getting nude... listen to Deborah Gibson's "Naked" and songs from the band Barenaked Ladies  8)  :D

Written By: goodsin on 07/06/05 at 2:26 am

Awww dang, I missed Nekkid Day. It would have been a bit impractical anyway, I was at work in an orifice office. I think it's sad that we've been made to feel ashamed of our naked bodies, like nudity is somehow unnatural- I think this 'shame' effect is magnified in urban areas. I was on holiday in rural Wales recently, just wore shorts (not even shoes) everywhere, no-one batted an eyelid, even in supermarkets etc. If I were to do that in the town that I live in, people would think I'm mentally ill!

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/06/05 at 5:45 pm

Wonder what they do during mosquito season?    ::)

Scatch  ;D

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/06/05 at 5:49 pm

Can't go naked today. Having dinner with my youngest step-daughter and her mother. I'm sure Carlos' ex would love to see me naked.  :o :o

Cat

While many years ago I found my youngest's mother attractive in the nude, right now, the thought is...unnerving?  Now Cat in the nude is a totally differant question.  Like I like it every day.  Just look at her avitar, she does look lioke that - mostly.  A lucky man am I.

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/06/05 at 5:54 pm

Just found out that it's called World Naturist Day - and it was indeed celebrated on June 5th.

Since this is also my birthday I guess I come by my inhibitions regarding superflous garments natural.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/05/07 at 4:32 am

Happy Naked Day!!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/05/07 at 4:39 am

I will do my bit when I am in the bath!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/05/07 at 6:13 pm

All my days are naked, I mean philosophically.
:-\\

Written By: La Roche on 07/05/07 at 7:36 pm

I wandered around the basement in a state of undress for about an hour this morning.. but I do that every morning.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/06/07 at 2:01 am

How was Naked Day for you?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/06/07 at 3:32 am

what a brilliant idea Al-B & I already observe this Holiday year round

Written By: Marian on 07/07/07 at 2:23 pm

I diodn't go naked,but let's see pics of those of you who did!LOL ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/07/07 at 3:09 pm

I diodn't go naked,but let's see pics of those of you who did!LOL ;)

Well, we do have a "Show Us Your BOO-TAY" thread.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=22789.0

:D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/07/07 at 4:49 pm

Well, we do have a "Show Us Your BOO-TAY" thread.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=22789.0

:D ;D ;D ;D

Cat
That is one thread we can all shake.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/05/08 at 11:04 am

Once again, I would like to wish each and every one of you a safe and happy Naked Day.  ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/05/08 at 11:26 am

Where is it all happening?

Written By: Henk on 07/05/08 at 12:31 pm

Where is it all happening?

Dunno... Not much action here today. :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/05/08 at 12:32 pm

Dunno... Not much action here today. :-\\
Nothing here too.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/06/08 at 4:17 pm

Dang! I fired all my rockets on the Fourth!
:-\\

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/06/08 at 4:20 pm

so can we wear underwear today?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/06/08 at 4:24 pm

so can we wear underwear today?

Why? You got something to hide...or maybe you don't!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/07/08 at 12:02 am

Why? You got something to hide...or maybe you don't!
this inthe00s member is never hidden, I'm always on display  ::)      but since yesterday was Naked Day, it seems that the day after should be underwear day and then a gradual return to totally clothed day which will be tomorrow. for some of us anyways

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/07/08 at 11:30 pm

this inthe00s member is never hidden, I'm always on display  ::)      but since yesterday was Naked Day, it seems that the day after should be underwear day and then a gradual return to totally clothed day which will be tomorrow. for some of us anyways

Say that in the middle of a job interview and see what happens!
:D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/08/08 at 2:57 am

Say that in the middle of a job interview and see what happens!
I'm guessing a rejection letter, but nicely worded that they found another candidate who more closely fits the job  ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/08/08 at 4:19 pm

I'm guessing a rejection letter, but nicely worded that they found another candidate who more closely fits the job  ???

Unless you're applying for chairman of the Naked Day activities coordinator!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/08/08 at 8:07 pm

Unless you're applying for chairman of the Naked Day activities coordinator!
oh yeah, and then first impression would be very important 

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/05/09 at 5:44 pm

Happy Naked Day 2009!  :) :) :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/05/09 at 6:55 pm

Happy Naked Day 2009!  :) :) :)

I celebrated in my own unique way...I took a shower with my clothes off, instead of leavining 'em on like usual!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/05/09 at 11:36 pm

I celebrated a day early  ::)

Written By: Red Ant on 07/05/09 at 11:52 pm

I celebrated a day early   ::)

I'm still celebrating!  ;D

Ant

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/05/09 at 11:53 pm

I'm still celebrating!  ;D

Ant
;D  right on.
and no longer are you leet

Written By: Frank on 07/06/09 at 12:24 am

Vancouver did something, a jog through the parks, it was on the news.
Of course, one of the places they ran was through a nude beach anyways that's always there.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/06/09 at 1:37 am

Was it, I saw nothing!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/06/09 at 9:33 am

;D  right on.

More like "right off"!
:)

Written By: Frank on 07/06/09 at 1:35 pm

More like "right off"!
:)

Ah Max, you always make me laugh
;D

Written By: Mushroom on 07/09/09 at 3:35 am

It was 135 outside on the 5th.  I wish I could have been naked.

But I was afraid Akhmed and his Camel might have thought the wrong thing and come after me.  :D

Written By: Below Average Dave on 07/09/09 at 3:37 am

They should have it on January 2nd. . .  ;D 

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/09 at 12:42 pm

We will now have to wait for next year now.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/09/09 at 12:55 pm

We will now have to wait for next year now.
not necessarily  ::)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/05/10 at 12:34 pm

Greetings, it is time once again to wish each and every one of you a safe and happy Naked Day.

Who wants to go caroling???  :D :D :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/05/10 at 12:35 pm

I never saw any!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/05/10 at 2:11 pm

I'm naked....under my clothes.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/05/10 at 7:59 pm

Greetings, it is time once again to wish each and every one of you a safe and happy Naked Day.

Who wants to go caroling???  :D :D :D

Sure...where's Carol?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/downtown.gif

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/08/10 at 10:43 am

So today is July 8, the temp is in the 90's, so why isn't today naked day?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/08/10 at 11:30 am

So today is July 8, the temp is in the 90's, so why isn't today naked day?

You can go naked anytime, My Love.  ;)  :-* :-* :-* :-*

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/08/10 at 7:00 pm

You can go naked anytime, My Love.  ;)  :-* :-* :-* :-*

Cat

Hey, get a room you two!  >:(

:D :D :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/08/10 at 7:47 pm

Hey, get a room you two! 

Two of what?
???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/09/10 at 11:41 am

Hey, get a room you two!  >:(

:D :D :D

We have lots of rooms.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/10/10 at 11:20 am

We have lots of rooms.  ;)

Cat

And take full advantage of them

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/10/10 at 9:18 pm

And take full advantage of them

Thanks, DC, I'll bear that in mind!
;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/11/10 at 11:52 am

Thanks, DC, I'll bear that in mind!
;D

Bear? Is that a pun?  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/11/10 at 12:56 pm

Bear? Is that a pun?  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Could be!
;D

Written By: Henk on 07/09/11 at 2:17 am

Looks like we've missed yet another year... :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/11 at 2:21 am

Was it, where, when!!!!

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/09/11 at 10:14 am

We were naked at least part of the day

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/11 at 10:15 am

We were naked at least part of the day
...only wearing a smile.

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/12/11 at 1:23 am

Missed what?

Written By: MrCleveland on 07/19/11 at 8:05 pm

Darn...

Maybe this character can celebrate that day....

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_articles/6305/

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/21/11 at 4:14 am

O Naked Day, O Naked Day,

Take-off-your-pants-and-shake-it-day...

:o :o :o

Check for new replies or respond here...