» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Teresa Heinz Kerry tells reporters at DNC to ''shove it.''

Written By: GWBush2004 on 07/26/04 at 10:14 am

BOSTON (Reuters) - Minutes after telling her husband's supporters to restore a more dignified tone to politics, Teresa Heinz Kerry told a reporter to "shove it."
In a reception on Sunday in Massachusetts, the wife of Democratic candidate Sen. John Kerry told Democratic Party delegates from her home state of Pennsylvania there needed to be a change in American politics.

"We have to turn back some of the creeping, un-Pennsylvanian and sometimes un-American traits that are coming into some of our politics," she said. Morning television shows broadcast the remarks on Monday morning.

When a reporter from a conservative Pennsylvania newspaper, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, pressed Mrs. Heinz Kerry what she had meant by "un-American" she said repeatedly, "No, I didn't say that, I didn't say that."

She then turned away only to return moments later. "You said something I didn't say, now shove it," she said, pointing her finger at the reporter.

Asked about Mrs. Heinz Kerry's comments, the Kerry campaign said in a statement: "It was a moment of extreme frustration aimed at a right wing rag that has consistently and almost purposefully misrepresented the facts when reporting on Mrs. Heinz Kerry."

Subject: Re: Teresa Heinz Kerry tells reporters at DNC to ''shove it.''

Written By: philbo on 07/26/04 at 11:47 am

Your point is?

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/26/04 at 1:04 pm

Good for her.  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/26/04 at 1:06 pm

Good for her.  ;)

I was thinking the same thing when I first read the article.

Cat

Written By: Hairspray on 07/26/04 at 2:01 pm

Remember when Vice President Cheney recently came under criticism for using a four-letter obscenity in an exchange with Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., on the Senate floor; for which he later was unapologetic about the remark, saying: “I felt better after I said it.”?

Well, as far as all that is concerned, Cheney's insult to Sen. Patrick Leahy makes Teresa Heinz Kerry's “shove it” reply to that reporter seem like a line from nursery rhyme.

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/26/04 at 4:15 pm

Remember when Vice President Cheney recently came under criticism for using a four-letter obscenity in an exchange with Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., on the Senate floor; for which he later was unapologetic about the remark, saying: “I felt better after I said it.”?

Well, as far as all that is concerned, Cheney's insult to Sen. Patrick Leahy makes Teresa Heinz Kerry's “shove it” reply to that reporter seem like a line from nursery rhyme.

When the press harasses hollywood celebs we call them poporatzi. When "reporters" for right wing rags harass liberal politician's wives I think we need a new name.  May I suggest fascorotzi?

Written By: Alicia on 07/26/04 at 4:24 pm

BOSTON (Reuters) - Minutes after telling her husband's supporters to restore a more dignified tone to politics, Teresa Heinz Kerry told a reporter to "shove it."
In a reception on Sunday in Massachusetts, the wife of Democratic candidate Sen. John Kerry told Democratic Party delegates from her home state of Pennsylvania there needed to be a change in American politics.

"We have to turn back some of the creeping, un-Pennsylvanian and sometimes un-American traits that are coming into some of our politics," she said. Morning television shows broadcast the remarks on Monday morning.

When a reporter from a conservative Pennsylvania newspaper, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, pressed Mrs. Heinz Kerry what she had meant by "un-American" she said repeatedly, "No, I didn't say that, I didn't say that."

She then turned away only to return moments later. "You said something I didn't say, now shove it," she said, pointing her finger at the reporter.

Asked about Mrs. Heinz Kerry's comments, the Kerry campaign said in a statement: "It was a moment of extreme frustration aimed at a right wing rag that has consistently and almost purposefully misrepresented the facts when reporting on Mrs. Heinz Kerry."

HAHAHAHAHA thats funny. 

Written By: danootaandme on 07/26/04 at 5:22 pm

I hope to be hearing more of the same from her for the next 4 years.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/26/04 at 6:07 pm

I have no problem with telling the press to "go shove it" if they were misquoting her, but if she indeed did say "un-American" on camera, and then denied it, she's only asking for trouble.  The right-wing press loves to pick, pick, pick on trifling, insubstantial, and insignificant rubbish.  Why not? The right-wing is on the wrong side of the real issues, and when their bootlicking propagandists in the press go talk about real issues, they get the facts wrong anyway!

Maybe she was taking advice from Matthew Lesko, but that would be "Go stuff it!"
:D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/26/04 at 6:44 pm

So what is worse, saying "shove it" to a reporter who is in your face or saying "go **** yourself" to a senator on the Senate floor? Once again, the Republicans are going to go to town on this one but when Cheney did it, "Oh, that just makes him human." I see a double standard here!

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/26/04 at 7:52 pm

So what is worse, saying "shove it" to a reporter who is in your face or saying "go **** yourself" to a senator on the Senate floor? Once again, the Republicans are going to go to town on this one but when Cheney did it, "Oh, that just makes him human." I see a double standard here!

Cat

Oh, so that's what makes Cheney human!  I knew it had to be something, I just couldn't figure out what!
;D

Written By: Dagwood on 07/26/04 at 7:53 pm

I agree Cat.  I didn't think it was a big deal...she was annoyed with the reporter who didn't know when to shut up.  I don't think what Cheney did was such a big deal, either...it was worse to say what he did, but he was annoyed too.  I think too much is being made of both situations.

I don't blame her a bit.

Written By: Hairspray on 07/27/04 at 8:12 am

I have no problem with telling the press to "go shove it" if they were misquoting her, but if she indeed did say "un-American" on camera, and then denied it, she's only asking for trouble.

That's just it! After reading the entire article (available in the other related thread), I now understand that she didn't say anything much of which to be made an issue.

In fact, what she said was:

“We need to turn back some of the creeping, un-Pennsylvanian and sometimes un-American traits that are coming into some of our politics,” the wife of Sen. John Kerry told her fellow Pennsylvanians on Sunday night at a Massachusetts Statheouse reception.

That was her quote. Big deal. Whooptie-doo. ::)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 07/27/04 at 9:41 am

Listen its not what she said before or after the ''unamerican'' part, fact is she said.  The reporter went to her and asked her what she MEANT by un-american and she said she didn't say it.  Liar.  And then AFTER the reporter left her alone and she walked away she found out what newspaper he was from and went back to tell him to shove it.  Real cute, i'll be glad when Nov. 3rd comes so I never hear her name again.

Written By: Hairspray on 07/27/04 at 10:08 am

Listen its not what she said before or after the ''unamerican'' part, fact is she said.  The reporter went to her and asked her what she MEANT by un-american and she said she didn't say it.  Liar.

Think what you will. It looks to me that this is a case of "nit-picking". Her exact quote does matter. Everything she said before and after is very-much relevant. This act of reading what comes before and after brings understanding, which follows the very basic rule of reading comprehension.

Besides all that, I still don't see the big deal.

Oh, and the word ''un-American'' is not an illegal term and it's not unpatriotic to say it. The word was deliberately taken in the wrong context for political slander. That's all.

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/27/04 at 10:17 am

Listen its not what she said before or after the ''unamerican'' part, fact is she said.  The reporter went to her and asked her what she MEANT by un-american and she said she didn't say it.  Liar.  And then AFTER the reporter left her alone and she walked away she found out what newspaper he was from and went back to tell him to shove it.  Real cute, i'll be glad when Nov. 3rd comes so I never hear her name again.

For someone who shouldn't give a rat's a$$ about the Kerry's, you seem to be REALLY bothered by this. ::)  Did it hit a nerve with you, personally?  Because I (along with many others) don't see what the big deal is. :) 

Real cute, i'll be glad when Nov. 3rd comes so I never hear her name again.

Keep dreamin' ;)

Written By: conker on 07/27/04 at 12:26 pm

As an outsider I thought I'd make an observation or two about the campaign now happening south of the border.
Why all the emphasis on what either Chaney (sp) or Heinz said or didn't say?  What about the issues?  People are dying in Iraq, there's unemployment, poverty, budget deficits, crime etc much more important that taking quotes out of context or a slight fit of pique.
Also why does it always seem that the Democratic wives are sucked into the media fray more than the Republican wives?
The current Mrs. Bush is hardly ever quoted or seen except waving and standing behind George W.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/27/04 at 3:46 pm

When the press harasses hollywood celebs we call them poporatzi. When "reporters" for right wing rags harass liberal politician's wives I think we need a new name.  May I suggest fascorotzi?

I agree that the newspaper that the reporter represents, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, is a right wing rag.  I'm a former Pittsburgh local and the paper is imbalanced.  I read it on occasion with a grain of salt.  But then, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is a liberal rag, so at least the town has some choices out there.

HOWEVER, in this case, Ms. Kerry is being dishonest and disingenuous.  She claims that she did not mention "un American activities" when in fact she mentioned in her speech "un American traits".  Very reminiscent of when President Clinton evaded questions about the meaning of the word "is" and "sex".

The reporter was asking her to clairfy, and instead she told him to shove it.  What will happen when somebody else asks her to clarify?  What exactly are the "un American traits" that she mentioned?

John Kerry would be well advised to tell his wife to keep a low profile.  She's going to be a liability to his campaign because, quite frankly, she cannot control her mouth.  Among other things, she's on record for calling Ted Kennedy "a perfect bastard".  Maybe she meant it as a compliment.  ("Yes, he is a bastard, but a perfect one.  It is rare that you see someone excel at something as well as Teddy has.  Perfection in his chosen field of endeavor!")

Then she has her specialty subject, of basically telling blacks to "jam it" when she goes out of her way to call herself an African American (she was born in Mozambique).  She's done this numerous times in Pittsburgh and it never fails to tork off the local black leaders.  It may seem like a trivial and dumb subject of controversy, but it serves to illustrate a point:  Teresa is more concerned with speaking her mind and hearing herself talk than with any particular organized political goal.  And that is a liability.

Now that she has officially entered the political world with various speeches, she is now "fair game" and she is going to provide a WEALTH of opportunity to catch her with her foot planted squarely in her mouth.  And Kerry does not need that if he plans to win.

Also why does it always seem that the Democratic wives are sucked into the media fray more than the Republican wives?
The current Mrs. Bush is hardly ever quoted or seen except waving and standing behind George W.

The recent Dem wives are not "sucked in" but they jump in.  Teresa Heinz is a hugely wealthy heiress with her own ideas and so she RELISHES this opportunity.  The Dems have to be privately crapping bricks every time she opens her mouth, because she tends to say very inappropriate things at just the wrong moment (I've followed her progress for years in Pittsburgh).

Ditto for Hillary, minus the money.  She was ambitious and could not wait to get into the spotlight.  But then she saw that it was "the big leagues" and shrivelled back when her left-wing "health care initiative" got spanked into oblivion.  Interstingly, the best thing that happened to Hillary's political career was Bill's cheating and philandering.  It made her instantly identifiable with many women and it got her quite a following.  In my opinion, she should have divorced Bill right after Lewinsky-gate.  Her popularity would have EXPLODED and she would have been a shoo-in to win this 2004 Presidential Election.

But any number of Democratic First Ladies stayed out of the limelight much like Laura Bush and Barbara Bush.  Like Rosalynn Carter or Lady Bird Johnson.  They stayed out of the "political fray" although they took up some side causes like highway beautification or literacy.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/27/04 at 3:51 pm

Oh... I almost forgot to tell y'all this.  Some trivia...

My family cemetary plot is located about 100 feet from the Heinz Family gravesite in Pittsburgh PA, at the historic Homewood Cemetary.

So when I eventually go to meet my maker, I'll be hanging with ketchup king H.J. Heinz, and Senator John Heinz, the source of Teresa's massive fortune.

They have a family mausoleum, which has a ground level, and upper level, and a basement level.  it is AWESOME-looking.

Written By: Mushroom on 07/27/04 at 3:59 pm

But what about the fact that she was trying to deny that she made a statement that she did earlier in the day?  The reporter was simply asking for a clarification on her statement, and she denied ever making it!

At least VP Cheny did not deny making the statement he did.

Written By: Mushroom on 07/27/04 at 4:06 pm

Of course, here are some other great Theresa Kerry quotes that I love:

"I know some couples who stay together only for politics.  If Ted Kennedy holds on to that marriage (to ex-wife Joan) just for the Catholic vote, as some people say he does, then I think he's a perfect bastard.''

"Ted Kennedy I don't trust, like I don't trust Nixon, although I think Nixon's done a helluva lot better than I thought he would."

"The Democratic machine in this country is putrid."

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/27/04 at 4:07 pm

But what about the fact that she was trying to deny that she made a statement that she did earlier in the day?  The reporter was simply asking for a clarification on her statement, and she denied ever making it!

At least VP Cheny did not deny making the statement he did.

Agreed.  Both Teresa and Cheney "took the low road" with their crude remarks.

But at least Cheney was honest about it.

I can guarantee you, Teresa's mouth is going to be an increasing source of concern for the Democratic National Committee.  She simply can not control it, or does not want to control it.  That is her history, even back when she was the wife of Senator Heinz.

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/27/04 at 4:57 pm

As an outsider I thought I'd make an observation or two about the campaign now happening south of the border.
Why all the emphasis on what either Chaney (sp) or Heinz said or didn't say?  What about the issues?  People are dying in Iraq, there's unemployment, poverty, budget deficits, crime etc much more important that taking quotes out of context or a slight fit of pique.

I have to agree with Conker on this.  What a waste of time. 

Written By: Mushroom on 07/27/04 at 5:10 pm

Not nessicarily.

I remember the furror over some of the statements that Arianna Huffington said when her then husband was runing for the Senate.  The press in California had a field-day with it.

I do not see this as political, as much as wives opening their mouths and sticking their feet in it.  Of course, I did not care for Arianna then, nor do I care for her now.  I see her just as I do Theresa, somebody who says what will benefit her husband of the moment, with no real belief.  The ultimate flip-floppers.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/27/04 at 5:10 pm

"The Democratic machine in this country is putrid."

Coming from Massachusetts, I agree with Mrs. Heinz (Kerry).  Boston has a Democratic party political machine, and it is nothing short of putrid!
It doesn't matter what party a political machine is identified with, when a machine can exploit patronage, control political appointments, hinder legislation, and break the careers of those who oppose it, putrid is a fair word!  
Now, this quote is being attributed without mentioning she was referring to political machines.  Pundits are saying, "Teresa Heinz-Kerry called Democrats 'putrid.'"

I don't care how much Mrs. Heinz-Kerry flaps her gums, she ISN'T running for political office, Senator Kerry IS.  There's no comparison to the spouse of a candidate telling some jackweed reporter to "shove it'" in an informal setting, and the vice-president of the U.S.A. telling a senior senator to go BLEEP himself on the senate floor.  I mean, come on now!

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/27/04 at 5:19 pm

Coming from Massachusetts, I agree with Mrs. Heinz (Kerry).  Boston has a Democratic party political machine, and it is nothing short of putrid!
It doesn't matter what party a political machine is identified with, when a machine can exploit patronage, control political appointments, hinder legislation, and break the careers of those who oppose it, putrid is a fair word!  
Now, this quote is being attributed without mentioning she was referring to political machines.  Pundits are saying, "Teresa Heinz-Kerry called Democrats 'putrid.'"

I don't care how much Mrs. Heinz-Kerry flaps her gums, she ISN'T running for political office, Senator Kerry IS.  There's no comparison to the spouse of a candidate telling some jackweed reporter to "shove it'" in an informal setting, and the vice-president of the U.S.A. telling a senior senator to go BLEEP himself on the senate floor.  I mean, come on now!

I agree with your observations on political machines.

I agree that there is a different between blowing off a reporter and flipping the bird to a senior senator, especially mine!!!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/27/04 at 5:33 pm

I agree with your observations on political machines.

I agree that there is a different between blowing off a reporter and flipping the bird to a senior senator, especially mine!!!

Careful, he didn't literally flip him the bird.  Some people around here would just love to admonish you for distorting the truth!

Speaking of Bird, I heard Sen. Robert Byrd on NPR today.  Terry Gross played a song for his 1978 bluegrass album.  Byrd plays the fiddle and sings, you know.  I heard him singing "There's More than One Pretty Girl," which he dedicated to his wife.  It's a good thing he had a day job to fall back on!

Written By: Hairspray on 07/27/04 at 5:42 pm

To discuss this subject any further is pointless.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/27/04 at 6:15 pm

Why shouldn't she?  Last I checked, Mozambique was indeed in Africa.  Because she's not black?  True, it's commonly used to identify black people, but IMO since she was born there, and now lives in America, she has justification for using the term to describe herself.

Cheerleader,

Technically I agree with you.  Completely!  In fact, I do not like ANYBODY stessing that they are ANY SORT of "hyphenated American".  Just call yourself American, please, and let other people try to divide us.

But... Teresa has done this often times, KNOWING that it will P.O. the black leaders.  There is a difference between being technically correct and being politically adept.  What does she have to gain by "pushing" that button?  Nothing.

However...

Interestingly, this afternoon, I saw Jesse Jackson on TV, and he pointed out that Teresa is an "African American".  I got a good laugh out of that.  If one of the Heinz children ran for office as an African American, the streets would be lined with protestors!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/27/04 at 6:17 pm

Why shouldn't she?  Last I checked, Mozambique was indeed in Africa.  Because she's not black?  True, it's commonly used to identify black people, but IMO since she was born there, and now lives in America, she has justification for using the term to describe herself.

Tell a Dutch Afrikaaner that he's not an African, and he'll belt you one!
>:(
;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/27/04 at 6:22 pm

Teresa is as much "fair game" to answer for her remarks as is ANYONE who gets into the political arena, either as a candidate, endorser, or commentator.

That is why "sideliners" like Michael Moore, Hillary Clinton (when she was First Lady), Rush Limbaugh, and Bill O'Reilly are fair game for either Dems or Repubs to publically flog when they stick their foot in their mouth.  As my Mum used to say "Don't throw rocks in the schoolyard!"

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/27/04 at 6:30 pm

Tell a Dutch Afrikaaner that he's not an African, and he'll belt you one!
>:(
;)

Max,

Tell that to the "white" kid who was born in South Africa, but who now is an American citizen, who was suspended from his high school because he entered his name in an "African American Scholarship" election.

I think it was in Iowa or Nebraska... about 4-6 months ago.

LB

Written By: Hairspray on 07/27/04 at 6:40 pm

Max,

Tell that to the "white" kid who was born in South Africa, but who now is an American citizen, who was suspended from his high school because he entered his name in an "African American Scholarship" election.

I think it was in Iowa or Nebraska... about 4-6 months ago.

LB

Then I'd say the "white" kid who was born in South Africa has great cause for a successful lawsuit.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/27/04 at 6:54 pm

Then I'd say the "white" kid who was born in South Africa has great cause for a successful lawsuit.

I agree Hairspray, but you can imagine the outpouring of funds and lawyers from bleeding hearts who seem to equate the term "African American" as a legal word for "Black".  Every Hollywood Celebrity would be in town to castigate the poor kid for going to court.

By the way, I have no problem whatsoever with a Black Scholarship (or a White Scholarship, Presbyterian Scholarship, and so on).  If a private group wants to offer one and ponies up the money, that's great.  Just don't conduct it on government property as that would be discrimination on the basis of race or religion or national origin.

Because when you do those sorts of things on government property, you get EXACTLY the kind of thing that happened with the kid in Nebraska.

I am an American of Irish and Scottish descent.  But I NEVER refer to myself as an Irish-American or Scottish-American.  I learned that from my Mum about 30 years ago.  She felt that it was an insult to other Americans, and a somewhat less-than enthusiastic acceptance of my/her status as AMERICAN.  We lived in a multi-ethnic town with all sorts of ethnicities and races, everything but Hispanics or Asians.  My Mum, my brothers, and I had a "ghetto pass" before the term even existed.

We had a black babysitter.  I remember when I was 12 or so, I asked her, respectfully, if she preferred to be referred to as "Black" or "colored" (we were raised to used the word "colored" as a term of respect)..  She laughed and said, "Just call me Mrs. Sligh!".  A very simple lesson. 8)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/27/04 at 10:52 pm

I am an American of Irish and Scottish descent.  But I NEVER refer to myself as an Irish-American or Scottish-American.  I learned that from my Mum about 30 years ago.  She felt that it was an insult to other Americans, and a somewhat less-than enthusiastic acceptance of my/her status as AMERICAN.  We lived in a multi-ethnic town with all sorts of ethnicities and races, everything but Hispanics or Asians.  My Mum, my brothers, and I had a "ghetto pass" before the term even existed.

IMHO, it's high time for blacks and everybody else of the U.S. to start calling themselves plain old "Americans."  But the door swings both ways.  Blacks more than anybody were systematically excluded from the American mainstream for hundreds of years.  All blacks wanted to do was to be accepted as equals with whites, and given the opportunity to the same bounty available to all other Americans who work hard.  Was this too much to ask?  For the white establishment, yes it was.  In many areas of the country, blacks who demanded a fair shake were called uppity and ended up at the end of a rope! 
When you are excluded and ostracized you are forced to form your own identity for your own survival, hence terms like "Black," "Afro-American," "African American," and "Of Color."  For many good reasons, blacks are not yet prepared to give up their carved-out niche because they don't believe they can trust the white establishment.

Written By: dude on 07/29/04 at 5:11 am

Just like the "anniversary of Chappaquiddick", the fact that this is even being mentioned as much as it is goes to show me how desperate and concerned the Repubs are. I'll say it again, your really stretching here Bushbackers.

Written By: philbo on 07/29/04 at 5:32 am

Why shouldn't she?  Last I checked, Mozambique was indeed in Africa.

Apropos nothing really, but the Duke of Wellington (the 18/19th century General of boot fame) was born in Ireland, but didn't like to be called Irish - his somewhat famous quotation being "being born in a stable doesn't make one a horse."

Written By: saver on 07/30/04 at 10:55 pm

Everyone tries to point out how tame Mrs. H-Kerys' remark was compared to Cheney...I don't buy it..When Cheney cussed at his opponent, it was in a closed meeting and word got out "did you know what Cheney said..."??

Mrs. Kerry threw away her gloves and did it in frustration with the reporter instead of calmly discussing it!

Just as what Mr. K  said in Rolling Stone using  his foul language..he didn't direct it at anyone but said it in public to a reporter to print.
There's the difference!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/30/04 at 11:10 pm

Just like the "anniversary of Chappaquiddick", the fact that this is even being mentioned as much as it is goes to show me how desperate and concerned the Repubs are. I'll say it again, your really stretching here Bushbackers.
Double Standards abound....like when the Dems dug up the crap on "Arnold".....it's done by BOTH parties ::)

Written By: saver on 07/31/04 at 4:52 am

Well, I know if the reporters were filming the interaction-Cheney would come off being a salty old coot, photographers..then what they take a photo of Cheney telling someone off?

Mrs. K on the other hand was seen as part of a troop leaving while passing reporters asking her questions and if this is how she 'responds' to something she dislikes...that's some steam!

I even recall(I have it on video), when Clinton began serving and was taking a tour of some construction sight and was unaware his microphone was still on and said to someone he was walking with 'G-dammit...' not sure if the fundamentalists wrote him off at the time but that's a REAL BIG no-no taking the Lords name in vain!

Move over Hillary...... 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/31/04 at 12:36 pm

I even recall(I have it on video), when Clinton began serving and was taking a tour of some construction sight and was unaware his microphone was still on and said to someone he was walking with 'G-dammit...' not sure if the fundamentalists wrote him off at the time but that's a REAL BIG no-no taking the Lords name in vain!

But greed, lying, and bombing are just dandy!

Written By: saver on 07/31/04 at 3:06 pm

But there are LAWS to approach this with....
If YOU were caught LYING at your job, you can be dismissed by the LAW and is there a LAW against GREED? Depending what you determine that to be? Last time I checked there wasn't..That gas station down your blockcan charge you $10 a gallon...SO??
That would be gross greed you would shout!
If you can't rely on the judicial system of the country THAT should be what should change!If you find someone lying?? In what degree? If it ripssomeone off..it doesn't sound legal and you appropriately deal with it...

I've seen some disgusting behavior in an East Coast family court system where the particular state allows the same judge to preside through every hearing regarding a divorce-even though it is to show the judge one or theother party is grossly abusing the law by constantly bringing the other spouse to court, then letting off the disgruntled spouse with a wrist slap.

People didn't like it, so they had a right to complain to the state to change this procedure and get someone new tougher to deal with the case.

DEMOCRACY. 

Written By: chickengurl on 08/01/04 at 12:06 pm

You know, we all are more than likely guilty of occasional incontinence.  I look around and wonder where all the grown-ups have gone....(sheesh...sounds like a song in the making :D )
Personally I would like the people who lead my country, to have a little more self control....  I want to see dignity in the White House...people I can be proud of....people that are better behaved than me!   People that are cool. calm and collected...not easily given to childish outbursts.  I was so embarrassed when the Clintons were in office...and I had never been either democrat, or republican...as a matter of fact, I did vote for Bill the first time around.  He turned out to be the most incontinent president we have ever had...kinda like a little puppy...peeing all over the place.
I would not like to see Mrs. Kerry as the first LADY....but to be fair, I am disappointed in Mr Cheney as well...

Written By: saver on 08/03/04 at 8:33 pm

Just heard about the story USA Today ran...Mr. Kerry  questioned by that reporter she told to 'shove it', was asked what she meant by UN-AMERICAN when she DENIED she said UN-AMERICAN...others pointed out on the messageboard she said UnAmerican Traits but he wasn't asking WHAT KIND OF TRAITS ARE THOSE? hE ASKED WHAT SHE MEANT BY uN-aMERICAN..So Catwoman and others who pointed out to read the entire quote..the quote included the word trait but the reporter was asking her about the word reference, so she 'did' lose it and was embarrassing with that response.

When you pit Cheneys remarks as being worse..No one brought up Bushs' language when he let a rude word out...I think people need to see some painting going on here or include everyones word slips..

Written By: danootaandme on 08/04/04 at 4:12 pm

I would say denying 56000 legally registered voters the right to vote is an Un-american activity

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/05/04 at 9:28 am

Say, whatever happened to GWBush2000, anyway? 
;)

Written By: danootaandme on 08/05/04 at 9:43 am

Say, whatever happened to GWBush2000, anyway? 
;)

Yeah!  Looks like he has gone awol.

Check for new replies or respond here...