» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Future First Lady, WOW! BEWARE!

Written By: BodaciousBoy on 07/29/04 at 5:02 pm

Following is a brief background on Mrs. John Kerry. She hates being
called that, by the way:

Maria Teresa Thiersten Simoes-Ferreira Heinz Kerry married Senator
Kerry in 1995. She only took his name eighteen months ago and she is an
"interesting" paradox of conflicts. If you thought John Kerry was scary, he doesn't hold a candle to his wife! Maria Teresa Thiersten Simoes-Ferreira Heinz Kerry was born in Mozambique, the daughter of a Portuguese physician, was educated in Switzerland and South Africa. Fluent in five languages, she was
working as a United Nat ions interpreter in Geneva in the mid-60's when she
met a "handsome" young American, H. John Heinz, III, who worked at a bank
in Geneva. He told her his family was "in the food business."

They were married in 1966 and returned to Pittsburgh where his family
ran the giant H. J. Heinz Food Company. He was elected to the US House
of Representatives in 1971, and in 1976 he was elected to the first of
three terms in the United States Senate. A Republican, he wrote a
burning diatribe against some of the causes backed by young House
member John Kerry.

Several years later, in 1991, he was killed when his plane collided  with a Sun Oil Company helicopter over a Philadelphia suburb. The
senator, his pilot and copilot, and both of Sun's helicopter pilots
were killed. He was survived by his wife, Teresa, and their three young
sons.

Four years later, having inherited Heinz's $500 million fortune, she
married Senator John Forbes Kerry, the liberal then-junior senator
from
Massachusetts. She became a registered Democrat and the process of her
radicalization was set in motion.

Heinz Kerry is not shy about telling people that she required Kerry to
sign a prenuptial agreement before they were married. John Kerry may
not have check writing privileges on the Heinz catsup and pickle fortune, but he is certainly a willing and uncomplaining beneficiary of it.

A lot of hard-earned money, made through many years of hawking catsup,
mustard, and pickles has fallen into the hands of two people who
despise successful entrepreneurship and who believe in the confiscatory
redistribution of wealth.

So how does Mrs. Heinz Kerry spend John Heinz's money?

Just one example:
According to the G2 Bulletin, an online intelligence newsletter of
WorldNetDaily, in the years between 1995-2001 she gave more than $4
million to an organization called the Tides Foundation. And what does
the Tides Foundation do with John Heinz's money?

"To mention just a few, they support the "Barrio Warriors," a radical
Hispanic group whose primary goal is to return all of Arizona,
California, New Mexico and Texas to Mexico..." but read on, please!

They support numerous antiwar groups, including Ramsey Clark's International Action Center. Clark has offered to defend Saddam
Hussein when he's tried.

They support the Democratic Justice Fund, a joint venture of the Tides
Foundation and billionaire hate-monger George Soros. The Democratic
Justice Fund seeks to ease restrictions on Muslim immigration from
"terrorist" states.

They support the Council for American-Islamic Relations, whose leaders
are known to have close ties to the terrorist group, Hamas.

They support the National Lawyers Guild, organized as a communist
front during the Cold War era. One of their attorneys, Lynne Stewart, has been arrested for helping a client, Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman, communicate with terror cells in Egypt. He is the convicted mastermind of the 1993 World
Trade Center bombing.

These are but a few of the radical groups that benefit, through the
anonymity provided by the Tides Foundation, from the generosity of our
would-be first lady, the wealthy widow of Republican senator John
Heinz.
And is now the wife of the Democratic senator who aspires to be the
44th President of the United States.

Aiding and supporting our enemies is not good for America, regardless
of your political views.

If voters will open their eyes, educate themselves and see the real
Teresa Heinz Kerry, they will not appreciate her position as ultra
rich fairy godmother of the radical left. They will not want to imagine her laying her head on a pillow each night inches away from the President
of the United States.

Hopefully they love this country enough to decide that the only way
these two will ever be allowed into the White House is with an
engraved invitation in hand.

Instead of deleting this, pass it on. Let everyone know these people
are unfit to represent this great nation. The uninformed will never hear the truth from the press, who wants Kerry elected!

Those who buy the Kerry facade, beware what you vote for - - -you may
regret that you got it!

Subject: Re: Future First Lady, WOW! BEWARE!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/29/04 at 6:12 pm

Oh please!  Someone else posted exactly the same internet flapdoodle not one week ago.  Yeah, I wish the Kerrys were out there pushing a hard left agenda.  We need it.  But that's not the case.

Over the next 90 days, you will here anything and everything the opponents of democracy see fit to tar the Kerry and Edwards with.
::)

Written By: dude on 07/30/04 at 6:15 am

Wow.......I'm impressed.........you learned to copy and paste!! When you get an original thought or opinion, let me know and we'll talk.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/30/04 at 6:38 am

As a woman who appreciates women who speak their minds, I would like to say that Maria Theresa Thiersten-Simoes Ferriera Heinz Kerry is someone I want to hear.  About changing her name, it has become common for women with children from a previous marriage and/or women of a certain age, to retain the name they share with their children.  I have seen it done many times and I applaud them for it.  She is fluent in many languages, that gives her an edge doesn't it.  We have to rely on interpreters getting it right.  John Heinz fell in love with her, they had children, he died, and she met another man with whom she shares a life.  The look in his eyes last night didn't lie( I am big on seeing the truth in eyes).  Mrs Kerry is not shy about telling the truth about the pre-nup, she is not shy about telling the truth about anything.  You will not defeat Kerry by going after Theresa.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/30/04 at 12:30 pm

I would rather have an opinionated first lady that one who has no opinions.

Her opinion is as valuable as that of the president.

Tanya

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/30/04 at 2:49 pm

I would rather have an opinionated first lady that one who has no opinions.

Her opinion is as valuable as that of the president.

Tanya

I totally agree.  She gave a really good speech which rang true.  I say "you go girl"  speak your mind.

Let me ask our neoconed friends what the point is re the pre-nup?  Blending two families is diffecult under any conditions - what will my (terrific) grand daughter call my wife?  We don't have a pre-nup, but our wills reflect both protection for my second wife (Cat) and for my children.  So what's your point?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/30/04 at 5:03 pm

I also agree. She is very intelligent....but so is Laura Bush ;)

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/31/04 at 6:25 pm

I also agree. She is very intelligent....but so is Laura Bush ;)

She may be, but she DID marry Lil' Georgie, who doesn't read.  Is he just dislexic or is he illiterate?  And what about his impromptue slips?  Maybe she has a rather low standard re an intelligent partner.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/31/04 at 8:32 pm

Maybe she has a rather low standard re an intelligent partner.

Unlike me?  ;) :-*

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/31/04 at 8:54 pm

She may be, but she DID marry Lil' Georgie, who doesn't read.  Is he just dislexic or is he illiterate?  And what about his impromptue slips?  Maybe she has a rather low standard re an intelligent partner.
I know that you meant nothing personal by that dislexic thing (I suffer from a mild form and it's in my family) and I can appreciate what you're saying about Bush.....I just am kinda unsure what to do this November....Kerry SEEMS cool but so did Slick Willy and all he did was lie about the wonderful "Healthcare plan he and his lord and master Hillary were going to "Create"...not to mention HIS lack of morals towards the santity of "Marraige"  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/31/04 at 9:53 pm

I know that you meant nothing personal by that dislexic thing (I suffer from a mild form and it's in my family) and I can appreciate what you're saying about Bush.....I just am kinda unsure what to do this November....Kerry SEEMS cool but so did Slick Willy and all he did was lie about the wonderful "Healthcare plan he and his lord and master Hillary were going to "Create"...not to mention HIS lack of morals towards the santity of "Marraige"  ::)

Well, I don't know about the "sanity" of marriage, but I do remember how the Republicans fought tooth and nail to defeat even Clinton's modest healthcare reform plan.  If it won't make insurance and pharmaceutical executives richer, you can just forget about it.  It's better to have this giant failure of a healthcare system we have now, and blame its shortcomings on "trial lawyers like Edwards" than to move toward a just and practical healthcare plan.
Last night evil Pat Robertson was on HANNITY and colmes, and acknowledged that we have 44 million Americans with no health insurance.  He then tried to blame the whole problem on "trial lawyers."  Pat Robertson the Jesus pimp is SO obtuse in his deceptions.
It's the business interests who want to villify "trial lawyers."  The less power the citizens have to sue, the more power big business has to screw (us over).

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/31/04 at 10:17 pm

Well, I don't know about the "sanity" of marriage, but I do remember how the Republicans fought tooth and nail to defeat even Clinton's modest healthcare reform plan.  If it won't make insurance and pharmaceutical executives richer, you can just forget about it.  It's better to have this giant failure of a healthcare system we have now, and blame its shortcomings on "trial lawyers like Edwards" than to move toward a just and practical healthcare plan.
Last night evil Pat Robertson was on HANNITY and colmes, and acknowledged that we have 44 million Americans with no health insurance.  He then tried to blame the whole problem on "trial lawyers."  Pat Robertson the Jesus pimp is SO obtuse in his deceptions.
It's the business interests who want to villify "trial lawyers."  The less power the citizens have to sue, the more power big business has to screw (us over).
Well Max, I DO regret my spelling error....the Sanctity of marraige is absolutely won by Bush over clinton....as for the rest (Pat Robertson)...they make me sick....what about Oral Roberts asking people for all that money to save his life or he would die....they sent it! He will BURN :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/31/04 at 10:32 pm

Well Max, I DO regret my spelling error....the Sanctity of marraige is absolutely won by Bush over clinton....as for the rest (Pat Robertson)...they make me sick....what about Oral Roberts asking people for all that money to save his life or he would die....they sent it! He will BURN :)

Bush's greed and deceit has is incalculably more damaging than any huckstering televangelist.  Bush and co. like to TALK about the sanctity of marriage, they like to be public scolds, but they don't support public policies that would encourage marital and familial stability.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/01/04 at 9:32 am

Who was the President who went on a fishing trip on Christmas Day when his daughter was in the
hospital having an emergency appendectomy?  I remember he said something to the effect of
there not being any reason to cancel the trip she'd be okay.  Yes, bush was his name,Now I don't know about you, but if my child we in the hospital for a hangnail, let alone an emergency appendectomy I would be at the hospital frantic, and at Christmas!  There is also the matter of building the home at the ranch.  They built a separate house on the property for Jenna and Barbara.  How many of you would take a pass
on the graduation ceremonies of your children? No lame excuses, it wouldn't happen.  By doing that
the "first family" basically said "graduating from college, big deal, what else is there to do today"  These
actions speak volumes as to the values held by this family, and these are only examples we know about.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/01/04 at 11:42 am

Bush's greed and deceit has is incalculably more damaging than any huckstering televangelist.  Bush and co. like to TALK about the sanctity of marriage, they like to be public scolds, but they don't support public policies that would encourage marital and familial stability.

True enough, BUT I think George and his wife have a happy marraige unlike Billary....AND he's never had a "Blow" from an intern, under his  presidential desk  At BEST clinton was an ebarrassment to this country for having held the highest office in the country and disgracing it by his extra-marital affair (Oh Wait...It wasn't REALLY sex) and his releasing his criminal campaign contributers from prison, that made him such a fantastic Prez....at least I will ADMIT that Bush is messing up big time....clinton LIED about his crap..... ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/01/04 at 12:02 pm

True enough, BUT I think George and his wife have a happy marraige unlike Billary....AND he's never had a "Blow" from an intern, under his  presidential desk  At BEST clinton was an ebarrassment to this country for having held the highest office in the country and disgracing it by his extra-marital affair (Oh Wait...It wasn't REALLY sex) and his releasing his criminal campaign contributers from prison, that made him such a fantastic Prez....at least I will ADMIT that Bush is messing up big time....clinton LIED about his crap..... ::)

I know we are getting off the topic-AGAIN but... Let me ask you this. What is worse? Lying about a sexual encounter-that should have never been asked in the first place or lying about a situation that put this country at war and over 900 Americans (not to mention Iraqi civilians) lost their lives? I'm not condoning what Clinton did but I think that is a situation that was between him and Hillary. Yes, it was an embarrassment. To me, it was an embarrassment to the country that so much time and money was spent on investigating it instead of spending the time and money on issues that really mattered-such as health care, education, etc.

And about him pardoning campaign contributors, I agree with you on that. But, Bush's buddy Ken Lay should be behind bars too. I don't think that will happen as long as Bush is in the White House.  So, yeah, both parties give major contibutors free reign and it shouldn't be like that. But, it goes with the golden rule-"He who has the gold, makes the rules." And it is usually the little guy-like you and me that gets the shaft.

Ok, back to the thread:

GO Teresa!

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/01/04 at 3:06 pm

Unlike me?  ;) :-*

Cat

;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/01/04 at 3:19 pm

My suggestion of dislexia was not ment as a slam.  It can be a disabling condition and is certainly not a reflection on those who have it.  Georgie himself has said he doesn't read, so the suggestion if true, would be a mitigating circumstance.

I don't think it fair to call Clinton's inability to pass health care reform "a lie".  He did put together a major package, which was defeated in Congress, so its not as if he didn't try to fill the promise he made.

It is true that he couldn't keep his zipper up and that he was "less than forthcomming" about it.  He lied about sex, but nobody died.  Bush lied about WMDs and total US deaths now total more than 900, with thousands more wounded, and nobody knows how many Iraqis.  You might believe Clinton's transgression the greater sin, and I will respect that, and respectfully disagree.

I see no reason not to believe that Kerry will try to do what he is promising.  My impression, for what its worth, is that he is highly intelligent, certainly a patriot (both for his service in Vietnam and for his opposition after he got out), and as honest as any politician.

By the way, I hope your own dislexia doesn't stop you from reading.  It is one of the joys of life.

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/01/04 at 3:26 pm

Since Max "misspelled "sanctity" differently than you "satity" to "sanity" I think he was making a joke, not taking cheap shot at you - at least I hope so, since we ALL make numerous spelling errors/typos.

His points on health care reform do make lots of "sents", as do your remarks regarding the televangalists.

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/01/04 at 3:33 pm

RRF, could we get past the Clinton thing?  We all know that he had/has personal problems, and did some things that were basically immoral.  He also did some things that were pretty good, like ending deficit spending and getting us a surplus.  But he isn't running, so while some judge his transgretions as worse than his accomplishments, and other see it the other way, those judgements have little bearing on wherre we go from here, IMHO.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/01/04 at 3:37 pm

I know we are getting off the topic-AGAIN but... Let me ask you this. What is worse? Lying about a sexual encounter-that should have never been asked in the first place or lying about a situation that put this country at war and over 900 Americans (not to mention Iraqi civilians) lost their lives? I'm not condoning what Clinton did but I think that is a situation that was between him and Hillary. Yes, it was an embarrassment. To me, it was an embarrassment to the country that so much time and money was spent on investigating it instead of spending the time and money on issues that really mattered-such as health care, education, etc.

And about him pardoning campaign contributors, I agree with you on that. But, Bush's buddy Ken Lay should be behind bars too. I don't think that will happen as long as Bush is in the White House.  So, yeah, both parties give major contibutors free reign and it shouldn't be like that. But, it goes with the golden rule-"He who has the gold, makes the rules." And it is usually the little guy-like you and me that gets the shaft.

Ok, back to the thread:

GO Teresa!

Cat
I absolutely agree with you...and I respect and appreciate the very well worded above statement. I don't condone what Bush is doing but i also belive the Twin Towers may still be standing if Clinton had not so depleted our military in the 90's AND did nothing when the Towers were bombed in '93. ALL I'm trying to say is that as long as liberals complain about our current president, I will complain about the one who many hollywood types put on a pedestal. I will not ever put George up there because I believe he could've handled this whole thing a bit differently....I'm a conservative who admits when my guy makes mistakes and you seem the same from the other view....we are of like minds.....OPEN :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/01/04 at 3:44 pm

RRF, could we get past the Clinton thing?  We all know that he had/has personal problems, and did some things that were basically immoral.  He also did some things that were pretty good, like ending deficit spending and getting us a surplus.  But he isn't running, so while some judge his transgretions as worse than his accomplishments, and other see it the other way, those judgements have little bearing on wherre we go from here, IMHO.
I understand, Don Carlos...but I am slamming a former president....I kept my mouth closed for 8 years and then had to listen to the constant whining from hollywood about how bad our current president is....why didn't Alec Baldwin move out of the country like he promised he would? I don't have a problem with Kerry and really haven't figured out who I will vote for but the bottom line for my clinton-bashing is that I've grown sick of the pattern hollywood has been following from Carter...who they praised as great...to Reagan who they hated....and yet I agreed with them about Bush sr. he was NOT a very good president, and yet our choice back then was Michael Dukakis (Looked and acted like he was in the mob)....they always whined about the current president while I voted and accepted the winner until they were out of office. I respect the office of the president and just wish more people would do the same. :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/01/04 at 3:48 pm

My suggestion of dislexia was not ment as a slam.  It can be a disabling condition and is certainly not a reflection on those who have it.  Georgie himself has said he doesn't read, so the suggestion if true, would be a mitigating circumstance.

I don't think it fair to call Clinton's inability to pass health care reform "a lie".  He did put together a major package, which was defeated in Congress, so its not as if he didn't try to fill the promise he made.

It is true that he couldn't keep his zipper up and that he was "less than forthcomming" about it.  He lied about sex, but nobody died.  Bush lied about WMDs and total US deaths now total more than 900, with thousands more wounded, and nobody knows how many Iraqis.  You might believe Clinton's transgression the greater sin, and I will respect that, and respectfully disagree.

I see no reason not to believe that Kerry will try to do what he is promising.  My impression, for what its worth, is that he is highly intelligent, certainly a patriot (both for his service in Vietnam and for his opposition after he got out), and as honest as any politician.

By the way, I hope your own dislexia doesn't stop you from reading.  It is one of the joys of life.
Thanks Don Carlos, I appreciate your words and know that you meant no disrespect ;)

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/01/04 at 4:54 pm

I understand, Don Carlos...but I am slamming a former president....I kept my mouth closed for 8 years and then had to listen to the constant whining from hollywood about how bad our current president is....why didn't Alec Baldwin move out of the country like he promised he would? I don't have a problem with Kerry and really haven't figured out who I will vote for but the bottom line for my clinton-bashing is that I've grown sick of the pattern hollywood has been following from Carter...who they praised as great...to Reagan who they hated....and yet I agreed with them about Bush sr. he was NOT a very good president, and yet our choice back then was Michael Dukakis (Looked and acted like he was in the mob)....they always whined about the current president while I voted and accepted the winner until they were out of office. I respect the office of the president and just wish more people would do the same. :-\\

I really don't mind your critizising Bubba.  I agree that he deserves some, maybe a lot.  I must disagree with your implication that it is wrong to critizise a sitting president though.  Where's the fun in that?  ;)  Seriously though, it is the sitting president who influences our lives.  IMHO it is our patriotic duty to question what our leaders tell us, to demand honesty and integrity from them, and to be involved and informed on current policy.  When Bush was declared president I was suspicious, but willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, although there was little choice.  I know that I have belittled him in some of my posts, but thats because of his actions IN MY NAME, and yours.  I note, for example, that Tony Blair took responsibility for what he acknowledged was faulty intelligence.  Bush has not done so, and still barely admits that it was faulty.  I can forgive anyone who admits to their mistakes, we all make them (except me  ;) kidding again), but this guy seems to have a limited vocabulary in that regard.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/01/04 at 5:57 pm

I really don't mind your critizising Bubba.  I agree that he deserves some, maybe a lot.  I must disagree with your implication that it is wrong to critizise a sitting president though.  Where's the fun in that?  ;)  Seriously though, it is the sitting president who influences our lives.  IMHO it is our patriotic duty to question what our leaders tell us, to demand honesty and integrity from them, and to be involved and informed on current policy.  When Bush was declared president I was suspicious, but willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, although there was little choice.  I know that I have belittled him in some of my posts, but thats because of his actions IN MY NAME, and yours.  I note, for example, that Tony Blair took responsibility for what he acknowledged was faulty intelligence.  Bush has not done so, and still barely admits that it was faulty.  I can forgive anyone who admits to their mistakes, we all make them (except me  ;) kidding again), but this guy seems to have a limited vocabulary in that regard.
I see your points, Don Carlos. I think I'm just afraid of the whole thing....I wish dems and and republicans could get along and share the office.. :-\\

Written By: BodaciousBoy on 08/01/04 at 6:31 pm

Statement from Col George E. "Bud" Day, USAF, Ret., Medal of Honor Recipient, Former POW in Hanoi, North Vietnam, regarding Presidential election support:

"I am solidly in the camp for the reelection of President George W. Bush.

While opposition to my legal efforts to restore WWII/Korea era earned medical care by the Bush Administration was discouraging, the Kerry Vietnam anti-war movement directly encouraged the vicious torture I received as a POW in the Hanoi Hilton, was demoralizing for other POW's and their families, and provided aid and comfort for North Vietnam to continue the war.

I can think of no action more despicable than false public condemnation of warriors on the field of battle, as John Kerry made under oath.

Senator Kerry is unfit to become President and our Commander-in-Chief."

Col, George "Bud" Day, USAF, Ret., Medal of Honor recipient, Former POW in Hanoi, North Vietnam , 32 Beal Parkway, SW., Ft Walton Beach, FL 32548  850-243-1234

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/01/04 at 7:14 pm

Statement from Col George E. "Bud" Day, USAF, Ret., Medal of Honor Recipient, Former POW in Hanoi, North Vietnam, regarding Presidential election support:

Col. Day was and is a staunch Republican.  I can understand why he, as a survivor of the Hanoi Hilton, would after 30 years still be angry with Kerry.  However, I'm not convinced of his claims that protests at home caused the Viet Cong to be vicious to POWs.  In a conflict as bloody as Vietnam, American prisoners were going to be brutalized regardless.

I keep wishing Kerry would talk less about Vietnam and more about specific actions he will take as President.  I can't vote based on a 33 year old war record.  Thousands served heroically in Vietnam, and thousands who served also protested.  Neither action qualifies or disqualifies a man to be President.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/01/04 at 9:31 pm

I keep wishing Kerry would talk less about Vietnam and more about specific actions he will take as President.  I can't vote based on a 33 year old war record.  Thousands served heroically in Vietnam, and thousands who served also protested.  Neither action qualifies or disqualifies a man to be President.
That is well said, MaxwellSmart :)

Written By: danootaandme on 08/02/04 at 6:27 am

While opposition to my legal efforts to restore WWII/Korea era earned medical care by the Bush Administration was discouraging, the Kerry Vietnam anti-war movement directly encouraged the vicious torture I received as a POW in the Hanoi Hilton, was demoralizing for other POW's and their families, and provided aid and comfort for North Vietnam to continue the war.

I can think of no action more despicable than false public condemnation of warriors on the field of battle, as John Kerry made under oath.

Col, George "Bud" Day, USAF, Ret., Medal of Honor recipient, Former POW in Hanoi, North Vietnam , 32 Beal Parkway, SW., Ft Walton Beach, FL 32548  850-243-1234

This is a game that could go on all day.  Kerry has been endorsed by:

Admiral Stansfield Turner(Navy)(Director of CIA 77-81)
General John Shalikashvili(Army)
General Claudia Kennedy(no relation to Ted)(Army)
Vice Admiral Lee F. Gunn(Navy)
Lieutenant General Daniel Christman(Army)
Lieutenant Edward D. Baca(Army)
Lieutenant Wesley K. Clark(Army)
Admiral William J. Crowe(Navy)
General Joseph Hoar(Marines)
Lieutenant General Donald Kerrick(Army)
General Merrill "Tony" McPeak(Air Force)
General Johnnie E. Wilson(Army)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/02/04 at 1:00 pm

This is a game that could go on all day.  Kerry has been endorsed by:

Admiral Stansfield Turner(Navy)(Director of CIA 77-81)
General John Shalikashvili(Army)
General Claudia Kennedy(no relation to Ted)(Army)
Vice Admiral Lee F. Gunn(Navy)
Lieutenant General Daniel Christman(Army)
Lieutenant Edward D. Baca(Army)
Lieutenant Wesley K. Clark(Army)
Admiral William J. Crowe(Navy)
General Joseph Hoar(Marines)
Lieutenant General Donald Kerrick(Army)
General Merrill "Tony" McPeak(Air Force)
General Johnnie E. Wilson(Army)

I wonder if the list that does NOT endorse him is larger or smaller ???

Written By: danootaandme on 08/02/04 at 2:47 pm

I wonder if the list that does NOT endorse him is larger or smaller ???

Who knows, if it is anything like the general(no pun intended) population it would be fifty/fifty
and we'd have to have a recount, so let's not go there.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/02/04 at 8:24 pm

Who knows, if it is anything like the general(no pun intended) population it would be fifty/fifty
and we'd have to have a recount, so let's not go there.
sounds good to me :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/02/04 at 8:26 pm

IMO, who cares who does or does not support a particular candidate?  Are there really people who base their opinions on what someone else believes?  C'mon people, get a brain...think for yourself...it's what separates us from animals ::)
Not that I blindly follow polls....I do however appreciate the positive words about choosing based on ones opinions ;)

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/05/04 at 6:18 pm

I don't object to Col. Day's bitterness over his tratement, but I would suggest that it might be more closely related to the way both the CIA and the South Vietnames treated North Vietnames and Viet Cong prisoners and Vietnames civilians.  The CIA operation was, if memory serves, called Operation Phinix, which used numerous tortures - many quite grusome, against captives (much wrose that in Iraq), then there was Mai Lai, which was not an isolated incident.  The point isn't to blame us (althought one would think that our values would prohibit such things) or to blame them.  I don't know who started the atrocities, and don't care.  Both sides committed them, and both sides should be ashamed, deeply.

I do object to Col. Day BLAMING his treatment on those who protested the war.  It was another unnecessary, futile attempt on our part to mold the world in our own image.  Folks, that ain't going to happen.  We need to learn to live in a multicultural world just as we need to learn to live in a multi-cultural nation.  Most importantly, we need to learn that the highest form of patriotism involves questioning our "leaders".

Check for new replies or respond here...