» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: ORANGE ALERT

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/05/04 at 6:31 pm

Before we went sailing for a few days (we listen to the radio out there) Tom Ridge announced that "new information" suggested imminent terrorist attacks on targets in the New York and Washington areas, and boosted the alert level to ORANGE.  Wolf Blitzer interveiwed Howard Dean, who suggested that there might be some politics involved.  The Kerry campaign backed off Dean's suggestion.  Turns out that the intelligence was AT LEAST three years old.  This raises some questions:

Did we have this  info BEFORE 9/11/01? 

If after (good God I hope so - I would hate to call out president a traitor), why were not the security measures recently put in place NOT put in place 3 years ago?

Why was 3 year old intelligence released to the public just a few days after the Democratic convention?

Was Howard right?  Based on the age of the intelligence and the timing of the release, seems he was.

Subject: Re: ORANGE ALERT

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/05/04 at 11:05 pm

Of course Dean was right!  And expect more craven scare tactics from these clowns as they get desperate to rescue Bush's campaign.

I would not put it past the Bush administration* to stage a phony terrorist attack at the cost of American lives for political gain.

*because I would not put it past the U.S. government in general.  Remember the Bay of Pigs?  There was also Operation Northwoods, a plan to sacrifice American lives for an excuse to get at Cuba.  This is no hazy conspiracy theory, Operation Northwoods is an acknowledge historical fact. Fortunately, JFK got to say "no" to it before his assassination:
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/northwoods.html

BTW, there are a thousand questions the 9/11 Commission report does not answer.  There may be reason to believe an Operation Northwoods plot for Iraq behind 9/11.  I know it sounds like a bunch of conspiracy-theory hooey, but I believe we must be open to the possibility--skeptical, yes--but open to it.  When it comes to international high-stake power, do we really know our own government?
The other night I saw Ellen Mariani speak in Northampton.  She's the only 9/11 survivor who is suing the U.S. government.  She is suing under the RICO (Racketeering Influenced Corrupt Organizations) Act.
Here is her link:

http://www.911forthetruth.com/

Her attorney, Phil Berg states:
A brief statement regarding the 911 Commission Report:
"Ellen Mariani and I, Phil Berg, are very disappointed with the 911 Commission Report as it does
not deal with the hard facts of 911.  It is outrageous that after twenty months, spending millions
of dollars and interviewing thousands that no one in our government is being held responsible
for the murder of 3,000 individuals.  Meanwhile, many people in critical positions on 911 were promoted. 
Ellen Mariani and I are now even more determined to find the truth of 911 through the legal system."

I don't intend to start a 9/11 conspiracy thread.  I just thought I'd put the links up there and let anyone interested find out more for themselves.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/1_22b.jpg
Ellen Mariani, widow of Louis Neil Mariani, who died 9/11/2001
on United flight 75

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/06/04 at 12:41 pm

Well, I for one, am really please that the Bush Administration has FINALLY warned us about Sept. 11,  2001. Three years too late but oh well. They are showing us that they are really on the ball. 

IMO, we as a society have become pretty numb to the "terror alert" status'.  I mean, how often have they come on TV (and usually broken INTO a pretty decent show ;)) to say "our 'terror alert status' is at *whatever*".  Does any really change their daily routines because of this anymore?  At first, whenever the status was upped, hubby's company would shut down their Chicago office due to it's proximity to the Sears Tower.  Now, they don't.  IMO, the "color" status is pretty inane to begin with, but I want to know, what has to happen for it to be put at "red" (I think, the highest level)?  Do we actually have to be UNDER ATTACK for it?

I agree with you, Cheer. I think they are crying wolf and when if something actually DOES happen, we are going to be so unprepared because we will think that it is just another false alarm.

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 08/06/04 at 1:07 pm

Who the hell cares what color it is? I don't follow it, and it's certainly not going to change my daily routine. As for the intelligence BS, I don't give a d*mn. The government has it's head so far up it's a$$ that it's not even funny, so it doesn't surprise me in the least that it's three years old.

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/06/04 at 1:27 pm

Of course Dean was right!  And expect more craven scare tactics from these clowns as they get desperate to rescue Bush's campaign.

I would not put it past the Bush administration* to stage a phony terrorist attack at the cost of American lives for political gain.

*because I would not put it past the U.S. government in general.  Remember the Bay of Pigs?  There was also Operation Northwoods, a plan to sacrifice American lives for an excuse to get at Cuba.  This is no hazy conspiracy theory, Operation Northwoods is an acknowledge historical fact. Fortunately, JFK got to say "no" to it before his assassination:
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/northwoods.html

BTW, there are a thousand questions the 9/11 Commission report does not answer.  There may be reason to believe an Operation Northwoods plot for Iraq behind 9/11.  I know it sounds like a bunch of conspiracy-theory hooey, but I believe we must be open to the possibility--skeptical, yes--but open to it.  When it comes to international high-stake power, do we really know our own government?
The other night I saw Ellen Mariani speak in Northampton.  She's the only 9/11 survivor who is suing the U.S. government.  She is suing under the RICO (Racketeering Influenced Corrupt Organizations) Act.
Here is her link:

http://www.911forthetruth.com/

Her attorney, Phil Berg states:
A brief statement regarding the 911 Commission Report:
"Ellen Mariani and I, Phil Berg, are very disappointed with the 911 Commission Report as it does
not deal with the hard facts of 911.  It is outrageous that after twenty months, spending millions
of dollars and interviewing thousands that no one in our government is being held responsible
for the murder of 3,000 individuals.  Meanwhile, many people in critical positions on 911 were promoted. 
Ellen Mariani and I are now even more determined to find the truth of 911 through the legal system."

I don't intend to start a 9/11 conspiracy thread.  I just thought I'd put the links up there and let anyone interested find out more for themselves.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/1_22b.jpg
Ellen Mariani, widow of Louis Neil Mariani, who died 9/11/2001
on United flight 75

Similar tactics were used against Salvador Allende in Chile leading to the 1973 coup, and against the Sandinistas in Nicaragua.  The Church Committee reports during the Ford admin, and the Iran Contra hearings exposed only the tip of the iceberg.

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Written By: AL-B on 08/08/04 at 8:34 pm

Can anyone explain to me just what exactly will have to happen before the terror alert can go down to GREEN???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/09/04 at 12:49 am

Can anyone explain to me just what exactly will have to happen before the terror alert can go down to GREEN???

After this
http://www.wwiiphotos.com/Large%20Thumbnails/Atomic%20Bomb.jpg

Then this
http://www.equipmentandsupply.com/Green-light.jpeg

Check for new replies or respond here...