» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Kerry and Bush, side by side timeline

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/17/04 at 3:22 pm

http://www.independent-media.tv/itemprint.cfm?fmedia_id=7073&fcategory_desc=The%20Zero%20and%20The%20Hero&revision=2

Pick it apart as biased if you want.

Subject: Re: Kerry and Bush, side by side timeline

Written By: danootaandme on 08/18/04 at 6:34 am

Beautiful

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/18/04 at 1:56 pm

John Forbes Kerry born in Denver, Colorado..........WOW! So the Nuggets aren't the worst thing to come from Denver after all ;D

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/18/04 at 2:12 pm

John Forbes Kerry born in Denver, Colorado..........WOW! So the Nuggets aren't the worst thing to come from Denver after all ;D

If all you can do is make gratuitous snide remarks it might be better not to.  Why not address the issues raised by this very accurate web site in a reasonable, intelligent way, or is that too much to ask? 

I can print in color too!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/18/04 at 2:17 pm

If all you can do is make gratuitous snide remarks it might be better not to.  Why not address the issues raised by this very accurate web site in a reasonable, intelligent way, or is that too much to ask? 

I can print in color too!
Sorry! My blue print is for a very personal reason...Blaine liked blue so that is WHY I print in that color...as for my comment, I put up with reading a lot of crap about Bush so I'm just speaking my mind....yes, I have a warped sense of humor...sorry :-\\

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/18/04 at 2:53 pm

Sorry! My blue print is for a very personal reason...Blaine liked blue so that is WHY I print in that color...as for my comment, I put up with reading a lot of crap about Bush so I'm just speaking my mind....yes, I have a warped sense of humor...sorry :-\\

Sorry for the color thing, I thought it was for other reasons.

I have no problem with your sense of humor in general, warped or not.  Its just that in this case I found your comment gratuitous, cavillier and not adding to the discussion.  Can you defend bush's record?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/18/04 at 8:48 pm

Sorry for the color thing, I thought it was for other reasons.

I have no problem with your sense of humor in general, warped or not.  Its just that in this case I found your comment gratuitous, cavillier and not adding to the discussion.  Can you defend bush's record?
Don Carlos....I totally am not upset with you at all...I know that you are a caring and decent person. I found something interesting in the usually liberal Rolling Stone Magazine today though.....in 1992 Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley of KISS were trying to get young people to "Rock The Vote" and thier message was concerning Bush Sr. and how would people like four more years of Bozo the clown in the White House.....Well....in the latest issue of RS this is what Gene has to say NOW....and I quote:
Because....Al Queda is a living, breathing thing, I'd say Bush will do a better job. If you have cockroaches in the kitchen, you don't want somebody to have a conversation with them. You need an exterminator!
Ted Nugent said: Our primary objective is to turn out as many votes for Bush as possible "reads a notice on Motor City Madman, Ted's website. We also need to play a major role in assuring Republican control of both houses of congress."

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/19/04 at 2:46 pm

Don Carlos....I totally am not upset with you at all...I know that you are a caring and decent person. I found something interesting in the usually liberal Rolling Stone Magazine today though.....in 1992 Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley of KISS were trying to get young people to "Rock The Vote" and thier message was concerning Bush Sr. and how would people like four more years of Bozo the clown in the White House.....Well....in the latest issue of RS this is what Gene has to say NOW....and I quote:
Because....Al Queda is a living, breathing thing, I'd say Bush will do a better job. If you have cockroaches in the kitchen, you don't want somebody to have a conversation with them. You need an exterminator!
Ted Nugent said: Our primary objective is to turn out as many votes for Bush as possible "reads a notice on Motor City Madman, Ted's website. We also need to play a major role in assuring Republican control of both houses of congress."

Glad your not upset.

As to the rest, they have a right to their opinion, but I think they are being simplistic - as is Lil' Georgie.  While Al Quida is definitly evil, and is a living thing, just like cockroaches, it aint going away.  Why is it popular among some young muslims?  Why does it attract new adherants every day? 

In college I lived in married student housing - an apartment in a small complex.  We had Cockroaches and called the exterminator.  Our neighbors, a Hindu family, believed that all life is sacred, and refused to allow the exterminators in - in fact, they were feeding the roaches!  We got rid of them for a week or 2, then they were back, in force.  My point is that the knee jerk reaction - exterminate them - is at best a temporary solution.  The long term solution has to involve addresing the grievances, not of Al Quida, but of the Islamic world, and they have plenty. 

As a historian I can site lots of cases where the use of force was able to achieve a temporary victory of the powerful over the popular will, but it was always a temporary victory.  If we really want to END or at least limit the danger of terrorism, we need to confront and remedy the grievances of those inclined to terrorism as their only alternative.  Thus, we need to TALK to Islam.

Check for new replies or respond here...