» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Kerry/bush debate?

Written By: danootaandme on 08/26/04 at 4:21 pm

Well Kerry has given bush a chance to put his mouth where his money is and
debate once a week until the election.  This is how a election campaign should
be run.  Of course bush said no. I would like to hear from bush people on this one.

Subject: Re: Kerry/bush debate?

Written By: AL-B on 08/26/04 at 7:14 pm

I would like to see them go head-to-head on Jeopardy.  As a matter-of-fact, I think it should be mandatory that all presidential debates from here on include one Jeopardy showdown (with an emphasis on U.S. history).

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/26/04 at 8:08 pm

Why should Bush debate Kerry when he's got great guys like SBVT and Fox News to hide behind!
:-X

It's time for Kerry to go on the attack HARDCORE!  One thing he should do is expose the illegal fleecing of Iraq by Bush's corporate and banking buddies.  I recommend yet another article from the current Harper's, "Baghdad Year Zero: Pillaging Iraq in Persuit of a Neocon Utopia" by Naomi Klein.

Written By: Jessica on 08/26/04 at 10:31 pm

That would be fantastic. One with no personality, the other with no brains. You figure out who's who.

I think I'd have more fun watching a televised root canal. ::)

Subject: Re: Kerry/Bush debate?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 08/27/04 at 6:51 am

I heard Bush has responded yet, and what would it matter.  They are going to have 3 debates, and a 4th debate between Cheney and Edwards.  How many do you need, people would tune out after the 5th one. 

Again with the Bush is an idiot, isn't it old already?  Bush killed Gore in the debates in 2000, even most democrats know that, and afterwards Gore's poll numbers sank, mostly due to moderators seeing Gore's plans up close.  Even Kerry on Comedy Central's ''The Daily Show'' (no I don't watch it, they played clips on Fox and Friends) admitted that Bush has quote: ''won every debate he has been involved in.''  Go ahead think Kerry will win, it will be a sad repeat of 2000 with Bush walking all over Kerry.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/27/04 at 11:40 am

I heard Bush has responded yet, and what would it matter.  They are going to have 3 debates, and a 4th debate between Cheney and Edwards.  How many do you need, people would tune out after the 5th one.   

Again with the Bush is an idiot, isn't it old already?  Bush killed Gore in the debates in 2000, even most democrats know that, and afterwards Gore's poll numbers sank, mostly due to moderators seeing Gore's plans up close.  Even Kerry on Comedy Central's ''The Daily Show'' (no I don't watch it, they played clips on Fox and Friends) admitted that Bush has quote: ''won every debate he has been involved in.''  Go ahead think Kerry will win, it will be a sad repeat of 2000 with Bush walking all over Kerry.

Bush will win every debate because the right-wing idealogues who worship what he stands for and the delusional analysts who control his spin are too neocon-addled to see he's wrong and to see it's all a crock!

Written By: danootaandme on 08/27/04 at 12:32 pm

I wonder how bush would do if he had more debates, with less intensive prep time in between.  If he had to fly by the seat of his pants he'd have to buy himself a lot of new underwear

Written By: Jessica on 08/27/04 at 12:37 pm

I call things by their right names. It doesn't mean I worship Kerry, either. I despise them both (pompous A$$es always make my skin crawl) and I'm still hoping for a "Mars Attacks!" scenario to happen. :)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 08/27/04 at 12:59 pm

To be 100% honest the only candidate who I think could get up there without extensive preperation is Ralph Nader.  I think Nader would win, but he isn't allowed, so its a Bush~Kerry debate, between which I HOPE to see a repeat of the 2000 debates.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 08/27/04 at 1:08 pm

Gettin off-topic for a post, has anyone else heard about yet more liberal lies?  Here we have Tom Daschle and Michael Moore, and one is lying out of their sorry liberal as*.  Which one?  Read and judge:

''He gave me a hug, and said he felt bad, and that we were all gonna fight from now on.''  -Michael Moore on senator Tom Daschle (D,SD) at the ''Fahrenheit 9/11'' premiere in Washington D.C., quoted in Time.

and then:

''I know we senators all tend to look alike.  But I arrived late, and I had to leave early for senate votes.  I didn't meet Mr. Moore.''  -Tom Daschle, denying hugging Michael Moore, quoted in The Rapid City Journal.

-- So Moore says he met Daschle and even hugged him, while Daschle says the he never really met Moore.  Hmm.  Choose the liar...Daschle or Moore.  Not that's ''equal opportunity.''

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/27/04 at 2:23 pm

To be 100% honest the only candidate who I think could get up there without extensive preperation is Ralph Nader.  I think Nader would win, but he isn't allowed, so its a Bush~Kerry debate, between which I HOPE to see a repeat of the 2000 debates.

If Bush debates an aggressive adversary, he's toast.  The problem with Gore was he was neithe aggressive nor adversarial.  Like I say, however, the corporate-interested media pundits will ALWAYS play it like Bush won EVERYTHING.  The enforcement of Bush's ill-gotten office is about retaining and advancing the power of the super-rich.  Nothing more.
It's like what the did in Iraq.  They went into an utterly devasted country with no infrastructure, no government, and no public utilities, and what's the first thing they did?  They sent in 21-year old interns called Jason to set up a STOCK EXCHANGE out of one of Saddam's palaces.  All the neocon idealogues pushed past the sensible state-builders and said, "Iraq is open in for business."  It's like building a house starting with doors and shutters...it's it's it's CRAZY!!!  But you know what?  That's all the Bushies know how to do.  They know nothing of statecraft, diplomacy, civics, or governance.  Their instant reflex to go and fleece Iraq is demonstrative of their monomania.  Asking them to run a country is like asking a shark to plant a vegetable garden.
THIS IS WHAT THE ELECTION SHOULD BE ABOUT. 
I couldn't be less interested in hearing anybody defend Kerry against craven attacks on his record.  Right now we have a bunch of psychopaths running our government and we MUST get them out before they bring ruin to us all!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/27/04 at 2:25 pm

Gettin off-topic for a post, has anyone else heard about yet more liberal lies?  Here we have Tom Daschle and Michael Moore, and one is lying out of their sorry liberal as*.  Which one?  Read and judge:

''He gave me a hug, and said he felt bad, and that we were all gonna fight from now on.''  -Michael Moore on senator Tom Daschle (D,SD) at the ''Fahrenheit 9/11'' premiere in Washington D.C., quoted in Time.

and then:

''I know we senators all tend to look alike.  But I arrived late, and I had to leave early for senate votes.  I didn't meet Mr. Moore.''  -Tom Daschle, denying hugging Michael Moore, quoted in The Rapid City Journal.

-- So Moore says he met Daschle and even hugged him, while Daschle says the he never really met Moore.  Hmm.  Choose the liar...Daschle or Moore.  Not that's ''equal opportunity.''

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a d*mn!

Written By: danootaandme on 08/27/04 at 3:41 pm

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a d*mn!

ditto

Written By: danootaandme on 08/27/04 at 5:54 pm

I think they should have a one debate for each cabinet post.  Wouldn't have to be two hours or anything like
that, but you would get a handle on whether the President or challenger knew what they were talking about.

Written By: saver on 08/27/04 at 6:43 pm

Why not debate Kerrys adventure in Cambodia??
He still sticks to his story(s)..when today Tony Snow told how there are at least 6 different stories Kerry has told !!!

This is what gets me after giving Kerry a chance to come clean of the Jon Sewart show and saying the story is Gods truth!

WHICH ONE????

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/28/04 at 12:05 am

He still sticks to his story(s)..when today Tony Snow told how there are at least 6 different stories Kerry has told !!!

This is what gets me after giving Kerry a chance to come clean of the Jon Sewart show and saying the story is Gods truth!

WHICH ONE????

Tony Snow oughta shaddap his face about anybody else's TRUTH-TELLING, and that goes for the rest of the Roger Ailes' propaganda puppets.
Anyway, are we going to let the Republicans distract us with this nonsense for the next two months?  We have to straighten the electorate out on the mendacity that matters--the Bush Administration's promises versus the results of its policies over four years.
And let's be ready with lawyers and baseball bats for the election tampering the GOP is sneaking.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/28/04 at 5:52 am

WHICH ONE????

Because that would lead to questions about  bush in the National Guard  in Texas, or wherever he was
when he was supposed to be in Texas.  This is what gets me after giving bush a chance to come clean of how he has conducted himself his whole life and say the goddesses truth.

WHICH ONE????

Written By: GWBush2004 on 08/28/04 at 7:06 am

And let's be ready with lawyers and baseball bats for the election tampering the GOP is sneaking.

Okay so why vote?  If the republicans are going to tamper and steal this election, no democrat who really believes that should even bother, if of course, they were really honest with themselves.

''If Bush wins, will the democrats accept it this time?''  -Tony Snow.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/28/04 at 7:31 am

Okay so why vote?  If the republicans are going to tamper and steal this election, no democrat who really believes that should even bother, if of course, they were really honest with themselves.

I will vote because it is my right to vote, and I will fight to retain that right.
If someone tries to steal my vote, I will not roll over like a dog and whimper that they can take it.  Anyone who believes that the right to vote is fundamental in a democratic society should be willing to do the same.  56,000 in florida sued in US courts because they were denied the right, and were found to be in the right.  It takes character to stand up and admit that a travesty such as that was perpertrated upon American voters, and vow that they will help to see that it will never happen again. I have yet to see that exhibited by the people who say bush won.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/28/04 at 3:07 pm

You know the answer to this, but you won't admit it to me or to yourself.

Yeah, but he has to win first!

Written By: theRealJimA on 09/07/04 at 2:07 pm

there's only one way to settle the contest: mud wrestling! ;)

inserts Bill Hicks quote:

"I'll show you politics in America*. here it is, right here:

'I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs'
'I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking'
'Hey, wait a minute. There's one guy holding up both puppets'"

* and Britain, incidentally

there.

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/07/04 at 3:34 pm

there's only one way to settle the contest: mud wrestling! ;)

inserts Bill Hicks quote:

"I'll show you politics in America*. here it is, right here:

'I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs'
'I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking'
'Hey, wait a minute. There's one guy holding up both puppets'"

* and Britain, incidentally

there.

The cynic in me wants to buy this hook, line, and sinker, but it just ain't so.  It used to be close to the truth, and to the extent that both parties are +/- controlled by big business it still is.  But to the extent that the Repubs are controlled by the social conservatives (the so called "Christian" right) it is no longer true.  Corporate America is not going to loose regardless, but women, minorities, the poor, and the middle class are getting creamed by the Repubs.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/07/04 at 5:34 pm

The Presidential debates are not real debates.  They are glorified press conferences.  They let that Chuck Jim Lehrer write all the questions.  What kind of a debate is that?  The debate I want to see is 90 minutes of the candidates asking eachother questions.  The moderator would just be there to make sure the questions, answers, and rebuttals stayed within time limits, and to keep the candidates from interrupting each other.
Of course I wish it was this way, because Bush wouldn't make it past the first half hour without his brain melting down!

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/08/04 at 2:24 pm

So all the issues that the country faces can be handled in 3 short debates?  Seems to me we need 1 on Iraq, 1 on Afganistan/Al Quida, 1 on the environment, 1 on jobs/ economy, 1 on education, 1 on civil rights, 1 on money in politics...  These are issues that so far have been handled through sound bites.  They are complex and inter-related, and need serious debate.

Check for new replies or respond here...