» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Aryan Nations leader RICHARD BUTLER dies....good riddance to an evil man..

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/12/04 at 12:16 am

:P Aryan Nations leader,Pastor(or racial terrorist leader,or Neo-Nazi THUG, take your pick)Richard Butler died in his sleep.He was 88 years old and the 'spiritual leader' of the Aryan Nations white supremacist group based in northern Idaho...Why anyone would embrace something downright WRONG like a Neo-Nazi terroristic gang of LOSERS...I don't think God is pleased with so-called 'Pastor' Butler,because Christianity preaches love for ALL PEOPLE... :\'(

Subject: Re: Aryan Nations leader RICHARD BUTLER dies....good riddance to an evil man..

Written By: Mushroom on 09/12/04 at 12:25 am

:P Aryan Nations leader,Pastor(or racial terrorist leader,or Neo-Nazi THUG, take your pick)Richard Butler died in his sleep.

While I am sad when almost anybody dies, I am not going to shed one tear for this sick racist bastard.

Richard Butler (along with anybody else who subscribs to this sick mentality) is one of the major causes of racial tension in my opinion.  He preaches hatred in the name of "God And Christ", and makes everybody white and Christian look bad.  As both a White man, a Christian, and a former citizen of Idaho, I can only say that it did not come soon enough.

Subject: Re: Aryan Nations leader RICHARD BUTLER dies....good riddance to an evil man..

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/12/04 at 12:29 am

While I am sad when almost anybody dies, I am not going to shed one tear for this sick racist bastard.

Richard Butler (along with anybody else who subscribs to this sick mentality) is one of the major causes of racial tension in my opinion. He preaches hatred in the name of "God And Christ", and makes everybody white and Christian look bad. As both a White man, a Christian, and a former citizen of Idaho, I can only say that it did not come soon enough.
I think Neo-Nazi hate groups should be outlawed...The Order are a nasty bunch too!

Written By: Mushroom on 09/12/04 at 12:41 am

I think Neo-Nazi hate groups should be outlawed...The Order are a nasty bunch too!

The problem there, is "free speach".

While I agree with you, I also recognize their right to "free speech".  It is their right to say whatever they want, as long as it does not harm others.  I think it is sick, wrong, and evil.  But it is their right.  The best we can do is try to show people how wrong and evil it is.

As I dais before, "it is everybody's Constatutional right to make a horses ass of themselves".

Or another of my favorite sayings:

"You can lead a horse to knowledge, but you can't make him think."

This is why I often try to show narrow-minded people how wrong that kind of thinking is.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/12/04 at 12:45 am

The problem there, is "free speach".

While I agree with you, I also recognize their right to "free speech". It is their right to say whatever they want, as long as it does not harm others. I think it is sick, wrong, and evil. But it is their right. The best we can do is try to show people how wrong and evil it is.

As I dais before, "it is everybody's Constatutional right to make a horses a** of themselves".

This is why I often try to show narrow-minded people how wrong that kind of thinking is.
The members of these groups are sometimes involved in terrorist acts...which is why something needs to be done about them. No one should die coz they are 'minority'....

Written By: Mushroom on 09/12/04 at 1:13 am

The members of these groups are sometimes involved in terrorist acts...which is why something needs to be done about them. No one should die coz they are 'minority'....

Once somebody goes beyond "speech" and moves to criminal activity, all gloves are off.  Then they are criminals, plain and simple.  At that time, they should be treated as the murderous scum they are.

I agree with you there, nobody shouls die for their race, religion, place of birth, sexual orientation, or any other reason.  I do not care if somebody kills for "white power", or for $100 so they can get a fix.  Murder is murder, and wrong is wrong.

Personally, I feel that Mr. Butler should have been held responsible for many of the actions of people who followed him.  To bad the Government could never make some sort of RICO case stick against him.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/12/04 at 1:24 am

Once somebody goes beyond "speech" and moves to criminal activity, all gloves are off. Then they are criminals, plain and simple. At that time, they should be treated as the murderous scum they are.

I agree with you there, nobody shouls die for their race, religion, place of birth, sexual orientation, or any other reason. I do not care if somebody kills for "white power", or for $100 so they can get a fix. Murder is murder, and wrong is wrong.

Personally, I feel that Mr. Butler should have been held responsible for many of the actions of people who followed him. To bad the Government could never make some sort of RICO case stick against him.
I don't understand why people belong to 'hate' groups or have such hatred for other people...those who they consider'inferior'..and some teens think hate is COOL!

Written By: Bobby on 09/12/04 at 5:46 am

As I said before, "it is everybody's Constatutional right to make a horses a** of themselves".

Good post, Mushroom.  ;D

I know nothing of Mr Butler but he sounds like a bad bloke. You are absolutely right, people can think and say what they want and, as free people, we also have the freedom to think for/against these morons.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/12/04 at 1:46 pm

I don't understand why people belong to 'hate' groups or have such hatred for other people...those who they consider'inferior'..and some teens think hate is COOL!

Because some people HAVE to feel that they are better than others. Just remember that hate is taught. If you have two kids of different races about the age of 3 or so, put them in a room together and they will play together-not seeing the other's race. But, once they are taught that someone is "different" and therefore much be feared, then the hate sets in.  If you have ever seen the movie "South Pacific" there is a wonderful song called "You Got to be Taught". Unforntually it is so true.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/12/04 at 2:02 pm

Richard Butler (along with anybody else who subscribs to this sick mentality) is one of the major causes of racial tension in my opinion.  He preaches hatred in the name of "God And Christ", and makes everybody white and Christian look bad.  As both a White man, a Christian, and a former citizen of Idaho, I can only say that it did not come soon enough.

Butler was one of the white supremacists who gave the Idaho panhandle such a great reputation. As evil as he was, I think God sent him to heaven...to spend eternity at heaven;s own Malcolm X-Elijah Mohammed Center!  Muaha-ha-ha-ha!!!

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/12/04 at 3:15 pm

Because some people HAVE to feel that they are better than others. Just remember that hate is taught. If you have two kids of different races about the age of 3 or so, put them in a room together and they will play together-not seeing the other's race. But, once they are taught that someone is "different" and therefore much be feared, then the hate sets in.  If you have ever seen the movie "South Pacific" there is a wonderful song called "You Got to be Taught". Unforntually it is so true.

Cat

I think if you were to do a sociological profile on the typical hate group member you would find him to be young, rural, uneducated, unemployed, a gun freak (not just a gun owner), who has little luck with the fair sex, and has an inferiority complex (especially about his manhood).  The type of person likely to have a major influence on my thinking  ;).  Good ridance.

And Mushroom, even though we disagree on many things, I'm glad we concur on this one.  Good posts!

Written By: Dagwood on 09/12/04 at 4:26 pm

Because some people HAVE to feel that they are better than others. Just remember that hate is taught. If you have two kids of different races about the age of 3 or so, put them in a room together and they will play together-not seeing the other's race. But, once they are taught that someone is "different" and therefore much be feared, then the hate sets in. If you have ever seen the movie "South Pacific" there is a wonderful song called "You Got to be Taught". Unforntually it is so true.

Cat

You are so right, Cat.  I help in the nursery at church.  Ages 3 and under and all races.  I have not seen any of the kids do anything mean to another because of race.  They all play together well.  Kids don't care about the color of skin, all they care about is another kid to play with and is this other kid nice?  Hatred is not cool and it is sad that people out there still preach it.

Like Mushroom, I don't cheer for anyones death, but I certainly won't be shedding any tears over this man.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/16/04 at 9:53 pm

Personally,I think David Duke should be targeted for extinction....He's a Klan wolf in sheep's clothing,a suit and tie rather than an obvious Klan robe and duncecap...Duke,we know what you really are....a racist pig who wants to set humankind back 100 years!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/16/04 at 9:58 pm

You are so right, Cat. I help in the nursery at church. Ages 3 and under and all races. I have not seen any of the kids do anything mean to another because of race. They all play together well. Kids don't care about the color of skin, all they care about is another kid to play with and is this other kid nice? Hatred is not cool and it is sad that people out there still preach it.

Like Mushroom, I don't cheer for anyones death, but I certainly won't be shedding any tears over this man.
Kids get the hate from their parents(and even grandparents as well as other family members)also the media tends to 'hype' acts of hatred and terrorism...No wonder why some use those tactics to get attention!

Written By: danootaandme on 09/17/04 at 7:00 am

At times like this I would like to believe there actually are pearly gates with St Peter standing
there, and the people before them have to see themselves for the the people they are
and the lives they have lead.  The rude awakening, The Portrait of Dorian Grey

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/17/04 at 7:36 pm

The Bible does say "Love your enemies". Unfortunately, a lot of people find it hard to love someone as hateful and ignorant as D!ck Butler. He has sealed his own fate. :(

Written By: Mushroom on 09/17/04 at 7:46 pm

Personally,I think David Duke should be targeted for extinction....He's a Klan wolf in sheep's clothing,a suit and tie rather than an obvious Klan robe and duncecap...Duke,we know what you really are....a racist pig who wants to set humankind back 100 years!

While I agree David Duke is a raceist scumbag, he is also largely a non-entity.

I can't remember the last time I have heard from or about him in almost 10 years.  And while he was a member of the Klan, he was nowhere as militant or violent as Richard Butler was.  Duke was more political then militant.

Granted, both are bad.  But Duke was not as bad.

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/17/04 at 7:48 pm

How about Matt Hale and the Knights of the White Camilia. His whole cult of bigotry should go down in flames.

I can't remember the last time I have heard from or about him in almost 10 years.  And while he was a member of the Klan, he was nowhere as militant or violent as Richard Butler was.  Duke was more political then militant.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/17/04 at 7:52 pm

I don't know.  Duke's political career in Louisana was very successful.  He was popular among white voters there.  On the national stage he fizzled, and thank God for that!

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/17/04 at 7:56 pm

Oh my goodness, Mushroom! I just had an epiphany as I sit here and read your posts! I am agreeing with you! Good job! Well-said!

Tanya

Written By: Im Batman on 09/21/04 at 4:23 pm

Such a shame Butler was ill before he got a chance to speak at the Republican convention.  Oh well, at least Zell Miller did just as good a job.

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/22/04 at 2:45 pm

I find it gratifying that many of those who posted here are conservatives repudiating this racist/fascist pig.  It confirms something that I have thought for some time (actually since I was a young pup who supported Barry Goldwater).  That is, that run of the mill conservatives just don't understand that the leaders of that movement are racists and neo-fascists who wrap themselves in the flag, motherhood, and equality, but believe in none of what those things stand for, just like this guy did, but less publicly.  Why else vote against your own interests time and time again?  And yes, we ARE engaged in class warfare in this country, and the rich are winning hands down.  Where are Big Bill Hayward, Mother Jones, and Joe Hill when we need them?

Check for new replies or respond here...