» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Washington Times: Former NYC mayor Rudolph Giuliani says he owes Bush an apology

Written By: GWBush2004 on 09/24/04 at 7:42 pm

Short story, article in The Washington Times:

Flip-flopping
    Former New York Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani told President Bush this week that he is sorry.
    "I owe you an apology," Mr. Giuliani began. "I made a mistake during my speech ... I said that with 64 days to go, John Kerry could change his mind five or six times about what to do in Iraq. Well, he's already changed his mind four or five times and I'm going to be proven wrong again because I think we're looking more like eight or nine times."

Subject: Re: Washington Times: Former NYC mayor Rudolph Giuliani says he owes Bush an apology

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/24/04 at 8:30 pm

Short story, article in The Washington Times:

Flip-flopping
    Former New York Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani told President Bush this week that he is sorry.
    "I owe you an apology," Mr. Giuliani began. "I made a mistake during my speech ... I said that with 64 days to go, John Kerry could change his mind five or six times about what to do in Iraq. Well, he's already changed his mind four or five times and I'm going to be proven wrong again because I think we're looking more like eight or nine times."

Yawn.

Subject: Re: Washington Times: Former NYC mayor Rudolph Giuliani says he owes Bush an apology

Written By: Jessica on 09/24/04 at 8:53 pm

Shouldn't this be in the political humor thread?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 09/24/04 at 9:04 pm

Shouldn't this be in the political humor thread?

Maybe...but Rudolph really did tell the President what was in that article from The Washington Times (or so I think.)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/24/04 at 10:57 pm

Maybe...but Rudolph really did tell the President what was in that article from The Washington Times (or so I think.)

The Washington Times, America's premier Moonie rag.  That's right, it's bought and paid for by Reverend Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church.  It can't cut it in the free market, like most right-wing print, but it gets plenty of bread from the Reverend and elsewhere.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 09/24/04 at 11:05 pm

The Washington Times, America's premier Moonie rag.  That's right, it's bought and paid for by Reverend Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church.  It can't cut it in the free market, like most right-wing print, but it gets plenty of bread from the Reverend and elsewhere.

Is that why The New York Post is the biggest paper in New York City?  Everybody (meaning at least the liberal democrats) laughs at them, but when it comes down to writing the checks, Murdoch gets to write more then anybody else.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/25/04 at 12:13 am

Is that why The New York Post is the biggest paper in New York City?  Everybody (meaning at least the liberal democrats) laughs at them, but when it comes down to writing the checks, Murdoch gets to write more then anybody else.

Do you see Foreign Affairs sold it at supermarket checkouts?  I mean J*sus Chr*st!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 09/25/04 at 12:32 am

Do you see Foreign Affairs sold it at supermarket checkouts?  I mean J*sus Chr*st!

Well fine lets look at Al Franken's new network, it isn't doing anything.  They can barely keep the lights on.  Nobody will listen to that, because once you get outside of the Upper west side of New York City, the downtown section of Hollywood, and the back bay section of Boston, there are not enough committed liberal democrats to sustain that kind of operation.  Thats why they can't compete, fact is conservative are more politically informed.  Look at Fox News's ratings.  Look at talk radio.  At at the number of hits www.georgewbush.com gets compared to www.johnkerry.com.  Look at the 22.7 million average viewership of the RNC compared to the 20.4 million average of the DNC.  Compare the number of conservative books sold to liberal books.  Take a look at the New York Time's bestseller list, and tell me what the #1 book is.  Tell me why conservatives are more motivated to go to the polls on election day, look how Bush does 1-3 points better then Kerry among likley voters over registered voters (he still leads with them even.)  I do believe in our country had a 100% voting rate, the democrats would always win, but the fact is they don't care, they have no will power, no political motivation, and thats why democrats lose.  They are uninformed, and not many people who are up with politics supports them.  How could anyone who knows anything about politics vote democratic, they can't.  Democrats depend on on the 'young and stupid' crowd.

Subject: Re: Washington Times: Former NYC mayor Rudolph Giuliani says he owes Bush an apo

Written By: ElDuderino on 09/25/04 at 12:38 am

Well fine lets look at Al Franken's new network, it isn't doing anything.  They can barely keep the lights on.  Nobody will listen to that, because once you get outside of the Upper west side of New York City, the downtown section of Hollywood, and the back bay section of Boston, there are not enough committed liberal democrats to sustain that kind of operation.  Thats why they can't compete, fact is conservative are more politically informed.  Look at Fox News's ratings.  Look at talk radio.  At at the number of hits www.georgewbush.com gets compared to www.johnkerry.com. Look at the 22.7 million average viewership of the RNC compared to the 20.4 million average of the DNC. Compare the number of conservative books sold to liberal books.  Take a look at the New York Time's bestseller list, and tell me what the #1 book is.  Tell me why conservatives are more motivated to go to the polls on election day, look how Bush does 1-3 points better then Kerry among likley voters over registered voters (he still leads with them even.)  I do believe in our country had a 100% voting rate, the democrats would always win, but the fact is they don't care, they have no will power, no political motivation, and thats why democrats lose.  They are uninformed, and not many people who are up with politics supports them.  How could anyone who knows anything about politics vote democratic, they can't.  Democrats depend on on the 'young and stupid' crowd.

REALLY? My uncle is 52 years old, would have been valedictorian of his High School class had he not graduated a semester early, the man has a 154 I.Q. and speaks 3 languages.

But only young and stupid people are Democrat..

Right... :D

Subject: Re: Washington Times: Former NYC mayor Rudolph Giuliani says he owes Bush an apo

Written By: GWBush2004 on 09/25/04 at 12:56 am

REALLY? My uncle is 52 years old, would have been valedictorian of his High School class had he not graduated a semester early, the man has a 154 I.Q. and speaks 3 languages.

But only young and stupid people are Democrat..

Right... :D

It is one of the democrats' main voting blocks.  Look at Ben Stein, tell me if he is conservative on not.  Fact is, both sides can name plenty of smart people on their side, but you have to wonder why liberals are so opposed to the idea of literacy tests before voting.  Why did so many liberals read the ballot wrong back in 2000, and vote for somebody else (supposedly.)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/25/04 at 1:12 am

Well fine lets look at Al Franken's new network, it isn't doing anything.  They can barely keep the lights on.  Nobody will listen to that, because once you get outside of the Upper west side of New York City, the downtown section of Hollywood, and the back bay section of Boston, there are not enough committed liberal democrats to sustain that kind of operation.  Thats why they can't compete, fact is conservative are more politically informed.  Look at Fox News's ratings.  Look at talk radio.  At at the number of hits www.georgewbush.com gets compared to www.johnkerry.com.  Look at the 22.7 million average viewership of the RNC compared to the 20.4 million average of the DNC.  Compare the number of conservative books sold to liberal books.  Take a look at the New York Time's bestseller list, and tell me what the #1 book is.  Tell me why conservatives are more motivated to go to the polls on election day, look how Bush does 1-3 points better then Kerry among likley voters over registered voters (he still leads with them even.)  I do believe in our country had a 100% voting rate, the democrats would always win, but the fact is they don't care, they have no will power, no political motivation, and thats why democrats lose.  They are uninformed, and not many people who are up with politics supports them.  How could anyone who knows anything about politics vote democratic, they can't.  Democrats depend on on the 'young and stupid' crowd.

Say, how does a Georgia boy like you know about the Back Bay section of Boston?
I listen to Al Franken every day.  Air America is slowly but steadily picking up affiliates, but yes the numbers are tiny compared the radio titans of the right, Limbaugh, Hannity and the rest.  Air America may fold yet...it may also succeed, I don't know.
Interesting point about the people who don't vote voting Demorcrat if they did vote.  That's why the Right puts such an effort into discouraging certain people from voting.
You know, I never thought of "popularity" as a determinant of wisdom or righteousness.  I've been saying for a couple of weeks that I'm all but certain Bush will take the White House again.  Now, when you've got razor thin margins, it helps to have 14% of African American men in Atlanta be ineligable to vote due to their involvement with the justice system.  Lest you think that's strictly Southern, the number of Black men who can't vote in Providence, RI, is 32%!  These numbers are not huge in the total scheme of things, but they sure do help.
GWB, you keep siting these polls tabulating various preferences among populations for Republicans.  I'm not sure what the point is.  Do you think I'm going to say because more people will vote Republican that Republicans must be right?  Or are you trying to tell me I'm wasting my breath advocating liberal/progressive politics?  Either way, numbers do not impress me.  The records most people like sell 5 or 10 million copies.  The records I like sell 500 or 1000 copies.  Well, not always that little, but I'm just saying I am totally accustomed to being out of the mainstream, unpopular, and even hated!

Sanity is not statistical.

--George Orwell

Written By: danootaandme on 09/25/04 at 6:31 am

but you have to wonder why liberals are so opposed to the idea of literacy tests before voting. 

If you want to know why liberals are against literacy tests take a look at the history your own state in
regards to that matter.  I suggest you look at the voter registration fights of the 50's and 60's. I suggest
you look at the tests that were used as a way to deny the right to vote.  The erosion of voters rights suffered a huge blow in the last election.  Do not for a second believe that this could not happen again. It appears
that you have given your consent to that action.  The problem is what do you do when it happens without your consent?

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/25/04 at 1:01 pm

It appears GWB favors restricting the franchise.  I guess he isn't really interested in the will of the people (especially seeing as how he thinks the Dems are favored by higher voter turn out).  This is exasperating!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 09/25/04 at 10:52 pm

Say, how does a Georgia boy like you know about the Back Bay section of Boston?
Interesting point about the people who don't vote voting Demorcrat if they did vote.  That's why the Right puts such an effort into discouraging certain people from voting.

Well thats an interesting thing about me, i've been to 49 states and Washington D.C.  I still haven't been to Wisconsin for whatever reason.

Now don't blame the right.  First off all I said was THINK (most people may vote republican), the right doesn't have a dang thing to do with it.  The could minimize it with more voter drives, but they don't.  They main thing is that their is a good 25% (maybe higher) that just don't care.  They think wheather Clinton, Gore, Bush, Kerry, etc. is president is makes no real difference in there lives.  So they vote because they don't care, there is nothing anyone can do about those people.

''How can they blame me?  I took only 2.7% of the vote in 2000 and even in this election the democrats have failed to register 9 million African-American voters.'' -Ralph Nader

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/25/04 at 11:24 pm

Well thats an interesting thing about me, i've been to 49 states and Washington D.C.  I still haven't been to Wisconsin for whatever reason.

Now don't blame the right.  First off all I said was THINK (most people may vote republican), the right doesn't have a dang thing to do with it.  The could minimize it with more voter drives, but they don't.  They main thing is that their is a good 25% (maybe higher) that just don't care.  They think wheather Clinton, Gore, Bush, Kerry, etc. is president is makes no real difference in there lives.  So they vote because they don't care, there is nothing anyone can do about those people.

''How can they blame me?  I took only 2.7% of the vote in 2000 and even in this election the democrats have failed to register 9 million African-American voters.'' -Ralph Nader

What's your thing with Ralph Nader, you hate everything he stands for.  I know, I know, he's in a position to hurt Kerry and the Dems resent him for it.  Other than that, do you like anything about Ralph?

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/26/04 at 3:11 pm

Fact is, this time GWB is on target.  Poor folks don't vote because they don't believe it matters.  As You, Max, have said, the Dems are Repub light.  What we need is a "poor peoples' party" that will speak to the interests of the working and middle class people who always get scrooged by the 2 parties we have, both in the pocket of the transnation corporations.

I don't know who will win in November, but I will predict that if things keep going as they are, the current system is in a danger similar to that of the 1930's.  Hard line conservative just don't understand the danger they are in.  The next dance could be their last.

Check for new replies or respond here...