» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Bill O'Reilly from Fox News admits his liberalism and democrat tilt.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 09/26/04 at 4:30 am

On Sunday's "60 Minutes" during which he is interviewed by longtime CBS newscaster Mike Wallace, Fox News Commentator Bill O'Reilly comes out with some surprising comments. He says he is pro-gun control, anti-death penalty, for civil unions and for gay adoption, (as a last resort instead of state custody). And he won't necessarily vote for President Bush in November. I've known (Democratic presidential nominee John) Kerry for 25 years. He's a patriot. I'm listening to what he has to say," O'Reilly says.  Bill I thought I knew you...

Subject: Re: Bill O'Reilly from Fox News admits his liberalism and democrat tilt.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/26/04 at 1:12 pm

O'Reilly is moderate (ie. reasonable) on a few social issues, but he's right there with the right-wing of the GOP when it comes to economics and foreign policy.  And if you think for a second he won't pull the lever for Bush, he's pulled the wool over your eyes!

Subject: Re: Bill O'Reilly from Fox News admits his liberalism and democrat tilt.

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/26/04 at 2:47 pm

On Sunday's "60 Minutes" during which he is interviewed by longtime CBS newscaster Mike Wallace, Fox News Commentator Bill O'Reilly comes out with some surprising comments. He says he is pro-gun control, anti-death penalty, for civil unions and for gay adoption, (as a last resort instead of state custody). And he won't necessarily vote for President Bush in November. I've known (Democratic presidential nominee John) Kerry for 25 years. He's a patriot. I'm listening to what he has to say," O'Reilly says.  Bill I thought I knew you...

Gee GWB, looks like one of your idols has some sense after all.  I guess you'll have to say goodby to FOX news.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/26/04 at 2:50 pm

I would say that maybe his ratings are slipping and he needs to say something that
will recharge his show.  He runs after ratings that's all.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/26/04 at 4:49 pm

Ha! A liberal in conservative clothing!!! I knew it!

I can finally find some respect for him.

Tanya

Written By: zcrito on 09/26/04 at 5:17 pm

For the most part I like Bill O'Reilly.
I've read his books and since I got cable a couple of years ago I've watched his show too (I especialy like its first and last 5 minutes).
I'm not surprised by any of his comments. He's been saying those things for a long time now.
:)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 09/26/04 at 5:21 pm

For the most part I like Bill O'Reilly.
I've read his books and since I got cable a couple of years ago I've watched his show too (I especialy like its first and last 5 minutes).
I'm not surprised by any of his comments. He's been saying those things for a long time now.
:)

His entire show is great, but yeah the first and last 5 minutes when he does the 'talking points memo' and then wraps up with 'the most ridiculous item of the day' and reads the e-mail is when his show is at its climax.

Which books have you read?  I've only read 'Who's looking out for you?' and that makes me think he is conservative, with the way he just trashes the Clintons.

I'm sure what to think anymore, maybe he really is an independent like he has been saying.  Or a liberal.  Or a conservative looking for better ratings.  My guess is the independent.

Written By: zcrito on 09/26/04 at 5:37 pm

His entire show is great, but yeah the first and last 5 minutes when he does the 'talking points memo' and then wraps up with 'the most ridiculous item of the day' and reads the e-mail is when his show is at its climax.

Which books have you read?  I've only read 'Who's looking out for you?' and that makes me think he is conservative, with the way he just trashes the Clintons.

I'm sure what to think anymore, maybe he really is an independent like he has been saying.  Or a liberal.  Or a conservative looking for better ratings.  My guess is the independent.

You might want to read "The O'Reilly Factor (the good, the bad...)" from 2000, for a more complete picture of him.
As for him wanting better ratings. Why? He's already got great ratings and has for a long time.
;)

Written By: McDonald on 09/26/04 at 8:01 pm

I will call this a ploy from Murdoch to forge his channel as something less conservative, at best. I don't believe it for a second. And if it is true, then it only goes to prove that O'Reilly is a whore who is willing to sell a false image of himself to the highest bidder.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/27/04 at 12:02 am

I will call this a ploy from Murdoch to forge his channel as something less conservative, at best. I don't believe it for a second. And if it is true, then it only goes to prove that O'Reilly is a whore who is willing to sell a false image of himself to the highest bidder.

I'm tempted to get his kids book, that's got to be a scream!  I just don't want to give the sunoverbeach and his dumb old publisher a cent.  He's not a good role model for kids, anyway.  He lies his @ss off every night, and he can't control his temper.  Sounds like the typical American male to me, come to think of it!
::)

Written By: Mushroom on 09/30/04 at 10:24 pm

You might want to read "The O'Reilly Factor (the good, the bad...)" from 2000, for a more complete picture of him.
As for him wanting better ratings. Why? He's already got great ratings and has for a long time.
;)

I just recently re-read "The No Spin Zone", and found a truely ironic quote in it.

In the book (published in early 2001) he devoted a chapter to an interview with Dan Rather.  Part of the discussion was how Dan went soft on questioning Bill Clinton during the many scandals, and his constant claims that he felt that Bill was "an honest man".  This is the quote that shocked me the most:

Dan Rather:  "We're not going to report the news the way a Republican pressure group wants us to report it, any more then we are going to report on unfounded allegations against George W. Bush.  You bring me documented evidence, you bring me some eyewitness testimony.  And by the way I'll be sending my reporters out to find out if it's a serious charge."

Makes you wonder.  Where was the "eyewitness testimony" and those reporters that went out to investigate Memogate before 60 Minutes aired?

And this is from the last chapter of his book, just some of his political views:

-  Global Warming is real.
-  Anti-death penalty
-  Pro-choice
-  Legalization of Marijuana
-  Price control on drugs and Medicare drug benefit
-  "Guest Worker" program for Mexican farm workers

Wow, those are real Right Wing viewpoints.  I think a lot of people find it easier to just avoid a hard question by accusing the person asking it of being "extreme", then to answer honestly.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/01/04 at 10:08 am

-  Global Warming is real.
-  Anti-death penalty
-  Pro-choice
-  Legalization of Marijuana
-  Price control on drugs and Medicare drug benefit
-  "Guest Worker" program for Mexican farm workers

Wow, those are real Right Wing viewpoints.  I think a lot of people find it easier to just avoid a hard question by accusing the person asking it of being "extreme", then to answer honestly.

These are not the issues over which he expresses the most passion.  He would gladly sacrifice progress on one or all of the above for ANOTHER tax break.  O'Reilly really starts shouting and pounding his fists when it comes to what he calls "income redistribution."  Oink oink.

Check for new replies or respond here...