» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: How involved are you?

Written By: MooRocca on 09/29/04 at 2:10 pm

1 selection per user
You can change your selection
You can see the results after you vote
No expiration date (it ends when it scrolls off and is forgotten.)

Subject: Re: How involved are you?

Written By: Jared on 09/29/04 at 2:16 pm

I'm very interested in overthrowing Adolf W., but unfortunately, when I told my case worker I wanted to register, it was too late for this election.  But trust me, I really, REALLY wanted to vote and put a stop to Bush's Fascist state.

Join the Resistance!  Vote Kerry!

Written By: MooRocca on 09/29/04 at 2:23 pm

I'm very interested in overthrowing Adolf W., but unfortunately, when I told my case worker I wanted to register, it was too late for this election.  But trust me, I really, REALLY wanted to vote and put a stop to Bush's Fascist state.

Join the Resistance!  Vote Kerry!

Check with someone else (like a voter registration office) to be absolutely sure it's too late where you are.  Maybe it differs in each state, but here in IL, we're doing all we can to get the word out that new voters have until the 5th of October to register to vote in the Nov. 2nd election.  :) 

My level of involvement is that I've offered my volunteer services/time to help with three campaigns and the party.

Written By: ElDuderino on 09/29/04 at 3:39 pm

Besides watching the news and discussing on here and other forums, I have no involvement. I cannot legally as a minor.

When I get 18 though, I plan to vote, vote, vote. Local elections, county elections, state, and national. I also want to get involved in some form of activism. I'd like to be involved with the grass-roots movement to reform our Democracy.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/29/04 at 3:53 pm

I'm voting, but for the other two presidential elections, I served as a party volunteer as well.

Tanya

Written By: nally on 09/29/04 at 4:00 pm

I'm just voting. That's all I usually do. This will be my second presidential election.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/29/04 at 6:09 pm

Besides voting (which is something I ALWAYS do-primaries, local elections, etc), WE (and you know who the other person I speak of) display bumper stickers, and signs. We do go some political rallies like yesterday, we went to see Howard Dean. I know that he is no longer running but he did give a good speech. We usually don't go to the presidental candadates rallies because they usually NEVER come here. Of course, I haven't figured out if that is a good thing or not.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 09/29/04 at 6:24 pm

I am trying to get a sign in my yard.  Want the incumbent congressman out of office.  We are a small branch of his district, so we don't matter to him.

Written By: ElDuderino on 09/29/04 at 7:37 pm

Also, I'd like to add, I believe the Congressman in our district is Kevin Brady, and he is a Republican. It is a heavily, heavily, HEAVILY Republican area around here. Almost all of the local officials are Republican, in the last Sheriff's election it was just two Republicans running against eachother. So I don't know if it'd do me any good to get involved with local politics anyway.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 09/30/04 at 4:21 am

Not much since Georgia is bright red and probably always will be.  The U.S. senate races usually are fun, but Johnny Isakson (R-GA) has sealed the deal to the point where he isn't even playing commercials anymore.  Just 2 years ago, Georgia's 2 senators and the Governor were ALL democrats, now the governor (Sonny Perdue) is a republican, and old Saxby is a republican.  So with Miller's retirement and Isakson's win this November the ''triple crown of Georgia'' (meaning the governorship and the two seante seats) will all be republican held.  How times have changed.

Written By: philbo on 09/30/04 at 4:36 am

No elections here this year - there may be a general election next year, especially if Blair reckons he'll win.

I'm not an active campaigner any more (I was until I went to University, student politics made me way too cynical to want to help).  I'll display a poster if there is a candidate of whatever persuasion that merits it - hasn't happened for the last few years, though.  My current MP makes Mr Bean seem positively sensible, but I'm in such a true Blue area the proverbial monkey with a blue rosette would get in :-(

Written By: GWBush2004 on 09/30/04 at 5:32 am

No elections here this year - there may be a general election next year, especially if Blair reckons he'll win.

Tony Blair is the best.  Hopefully pollster John Zogby's prediction is correct when he said he was certain Blair could when reelection easily.  Thank Tony Blair for me Philbo, he has been a good friend to America, unlike France, Germany, and Russia. 

Written By: Paul on 09/30/04 at 7:01 am

No elections as philbo said...but should be interesting when the real thing comes along considering the in-fighting 'twixt the main parties...

I'm only taking a personal interest in my own constituency, just to see whether our MP is actually still alive - his previous record is pretty good, he didn't even bother appearing in public at the last one!

He also holds the dubious honour of being one of the quietest backbenchers - he's spoken in the House just twice in 7 years...!!

Written By: karen on 09/30/04 at 7:26 am

Whenever there are elections here in the UK I'm generally not that involved. I have helped my brother with his campaign leafletting at local council level.  I'm not sure he's ever going to get in standing as a Liberal Democrat first in a very strong Labour area and now in a very strong Tory area.

Our local MP was a parlimentary secretary or some such. And a previous one was involved in the treasurery.

Written By: Jessica on 09/30/04 at 11:58 am

I chose other:

I plan to vote as well as b*tch and complain about the candidates to anyone who will listen. ;D

Written By: ElDuderino on 09/30/04 at 5:18 pm

I know someone who's father works in the Biritsh foreign ministry, he's Labour(Blair's party), and he thinks Blair will probably resign before the General election.

Labour will win the election I think, and so does he. In the UK, whatever party wins the election chooses who the Prime Minister is, its not a popular vote.

Not sure who will take Blair's place.

Written By: karen on 10/01/04 at 5:07 am

He hinted yesterday in an interview that he expects to serve a full third term but not stand for the fourth one.  Now, me being me, I cannot remember if this is his second or third term at the moment anyway!

Written By: Bobby on 10/01/04 at 5:28 am

He hinted yesterday in an interview that he expects to serve a full third term but not stand for the fourth one.  Now, me being me, I cannot remember if this is his second or third term at the moment anyway!

Yes, Blair has just recently had one of those heart-flutters and, though he is playing the whole thing down, may be why he will do just one more term in office if he gets re-elected (which seems a certainty IMO because there doesn't seem to be much else to vote for - I don't like Michael Howard one little bit).

Written By: Paul on 10/01/04 at 7:04 am

Yes, Blair has just recently had one of those heart-flutters and, though he is playing the whole thing down, may be why he will do just one more term in office if he gets re-elected (which seems a certainty IMO because there doesn't seem to be much else to vote for - I don't like Michael Howard one little bit).

Apparently, he went for the 'op' this morning (Hey, no waiting for our Tone...!!), but I never knew that politicians had hearts...(Badum-tish...!!)

I always thought his hidden ambition (as it were), was to be King Of Europe (which may be difficult, as he's finding it hard to sell the idea to a somewhat apathetic nation...)

Other than that, he could always finish his law exams...

Written By: karen on 10/01/04 at 7:18 am

Apparently, he went for the 'op' this morning (Hey, no waiting for our Tone...!!),

Hubby asked if he was going abroad to jump the queue!

Other than that, he could always finish his law exams...

Or start his pop career  ;D

Written By: philbo on 10/03/04 at 4:44 am

(which seems a certainty IMO because there doesn't seem to be much else to vote for - I don't like Michael Howard one little bit).

What I don't understand is who on earth actually does like Michael Howard?  Apart from the few dozen Tory MPs it took to elect him leader (and we all know how completely in touch with the population those guys are...)

Check for new replies or respond here...