» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Karl Rove: ''We've got a couple of surprises for Senator Kerry.''

Written By: GWBush2004 on 09/30/04 at 6:09 am

Wednesday, Sept. 29, 2004 5:49 p.m. EDT
Karl Rove: 'We've Got a Couple of Surprises' for Kerry

President Bush's top political advisor Karl Rove said Wednesday that the Bush Cheney campaign is planning some October "surprises" for challengers John Kerry and John Edwards.

"We've got a couple of surprises that we intend to spring," Rove told ABC radio host Sean Hannity, while explaining that he intends to wage an aggressive campaign no matter what the polls show.

"It's 34 days and that's a long time in politics and when you get complacent you lose," the top White House advisor said.
"We've got to stay on the offense. We've got to continue to press the battle onto the turf that they won in 2000: the Pennsylvanias, the Michigans and the Wisconsins and Iowas and Minnesotas and New Mexicos and Oregons.

"And we've got to make sure that we lose none of the close states that we won in 2000 - Florida or Ohio or Colorado or Nevada or New Hampshire.

"And you've also got to have a couple of surprises - and we've got a couple of surprises that we intend to spring."

Asked if he expected the Kerry Edwards campaign to engage in dirty tricks, Rove cited Democrat claims in recent days about a secret Bush plan to reinstitute the draft.

"This is all bunk. It is a sign of the desperate straits they find themselves in and their willingness to discard the truth and say anything they think that will get them a vote," he said.

Subject: Re: Karl Rove: ''We've got a couple of surprises for Senator Kerry.''

Written By: danootaandme on 09/30/04 at 6:26 am

It is beyond me how anyone can give any credence to Karl Rove.  Knowing his history of
deceit, for anyone to allow him to high jack the election process with his tactics
says more about the people who listen to him than it does about him.  Lee Atwater died
apologizing and asking forgiveness for the methods he used, Karl Rove is worse, and
he knows what he is doing is wrong, and he doesn't care as long as he is paid well, the
man is a pimp(in my opinion) and all who pay attention are his whores(in my opinion).

Written By: GWBush2004 on 09/30/04 at 8:50 am

I think's it's a picture of both Kerry and Edwards in drag with the "Better Half"s behind them hugging Osama and Saddam :P

Actually Karl Rove gave some hints to what it may be, enough so that an old guy from Florida called in saying he once lived in Massachusetts and knew what Rove was talking about.  Rove suggested that they (the GOP) have some film of Kerry doing some really disturbing, and it lost him a congressional race when Kerry ran.  The caller to the Hannity show claimed he knew what Rove was talking about.  Apparently when he lived in Massachusetts, a clip of a young John Forbes Kerry burning and urinating on the American flag was played on the networks, causing Kerry to lose his congressional race, and that this film will play in October, showing Kerry's past dirty deeds on a beloved American flag.

In fact, here is a video of a man who claims to be the one to have filmed and saw the event when Kerry burned and urinated on the American flag: http://www.columbustownhall.com/videos/burnflag.wmv

Written By: danootaandme on 09/30/04 at 10:21 am

GW, you gotta be sh***ing me.  Do you actually listen to that stuff and take it seriously?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 09/30/04 at 10:29 am

GW, you gotta be sh***ing me.  Do you actually listen to that stuff and take it seriously?

Funny Rove implied it perfectly, then that man calls with all the information.  It could be a hoax, but lets say that a real film of Kerry burning and urinating on an American flag comes out in October.  He would be screwed, no question.  His campaign has already crashed.  Being around for 45 years, I thought I'd never see a bigger loser then Dukakis, but here comes Kerry.  Dukakis is still worse, but Kerry is closing in.

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/30/04 at 3:10 pm

So when this turns out to be 100% hogwash, can we finally discredit NewsMax as a credible news source once and for all? or do we get to keep hearing the nonsense and lies they continure to pump out?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/30/04 at 3:46 pm

Speculating on what this group of dirty rotten crooks wil do next is not worth the mental energy.  Democracy is not safe unless Karl Rove is incarcerated incommunicado.

The Republican party has grabbed too much power over the past eight years for any Democrat to win the Presidency.  It's not going to happen for Kerry.

Until Americans wake up and realize the bunch that has taken control of the GOP are fascists, and demand what Bill Maher called a "top-to-bottom overhaul of our democracy," it will be government of the people by the corporations for the billionaires.  More and more elections will become little more than symbolic gestures rigged from the get-go to humiliate Democrats.  We now have a buck-ocracy and a sham-ocracy.  No democracy.

However, I'm not convinced the majority of voters don't want fascism.

Check for new replies or respond here...