» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Bush's Hometown Newspaper Endorses Kerry

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/30/04 at 6:17 pm

Well, isn't that a kicker?

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040928/ap_on_el_pr/crawford_kerry_2

Cat

Subject: Re: Bush's Hometown Newspaper Endorses Kerry

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/30/04 at 7:07 pm

So?

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/30/04 at 7:07 pm

How ironic after Al Gore's state of Tennessee voted for Bush in 2000. I don't think this will affect the Texas election, though. ::)
THAT'S TOO FUNNY!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Written By: McDonald on 09/30/04 at 11:36 pm

Where is Georgie Boy's hometown anyway? Let's see... He was born in New Haven, CT to an affluent New England family. They moved to Midland, TX, and then to Houston... but Georgie attended a prep school in Massachusetts.... I just want to know where he got that terrible accent.

You'd think a Harvard education would deter gross grammatical errors such as this one...

"When one of us suffer, all of us suffers."
—Bush, addressing the Pennsylvania coal miners
Source: The Nation, "W. and the Coal Miners: Photo-op Cover for Anti-worker Policies," David Corn, Aug. 6, 2002

or this one...

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."
Source: United Press International, "Bush Proposes Increase in Education Funds," Mark Kukis, Feb. 21, 2001

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/01/04 at 4:57 am

How ironic after Al Gore's state of Tennessee voted for Bush in 2000. I don't think this will affect the Texas election, though. ::)

You beat me to it!  Al Gore couldn't win his home state, which must haunt him because it should be a gimme.  As for Texas, good luck making it blue.  Even if Kerry's VP was LBJ Texas would remain red in this election.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/01/04 at 9:45 am

You beat me to it!  Al Gore couldn't win his home state, which must haunt him because it should be a gimme.  As for Texas, good luck making it blue.  Even if Kerry's VP was LBJ Texas would remain red in this election.

Ahhh, no, Texas will not go blue!

I'd also advise the pro-Kerry people NOT to get cocky at this point.  The Big Dummy's been up there feeding his foot to his mouth for four years, and, apparently, Mr. and Mrs. America still love him because (according to Peggy Noonan) they're dumb too!  Other comments from right-wing pundits: "People in middle America say, 'I like this guy, he talks like my pastor, he talks like my neighbor, he talks like the guy I work with..."
"We have a tendency to underestimate Bush before the debate, but also to underestimate him After the debate..."  I can't remember exactly who said these things, their were so many people saying so many things late last night.

The paper is named The Lone Star Iconoclast, so I suppose it's no surprise they turned icconoclastic in Crawford.  The Iconclast wouldn't have made the news at all if it wasn't in Crawford.  It has a weekly circulation of 425.  That's a miniscule number in newspaper circulation.  Also, nobody calls the Iconoclast Bush's hometown newspaper except the Iconoclast.

It's too easy to say, "Oh yeah, Kerry murdered him in the debate and now his hometown newspaper is endorsing Kerry, so the tide has turned."  The gals on Air America are doing a victory dance this morning...I wish they'd put a lid on it.  My advice: guarded optimism folks, very guarded.

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/01/04 at 4:12 pm

Where is Georgie Boy's hometown anyway? Let's see... He was born in New Haven, CT to an affluent New England family. They moved to Midland, TX, and then to Houston... but Georgie attended a prep school in Massachusetts.... I just want to know where he got that terrible accent.

You'd think a Harvard education would deter gross grammatical errors such as this one...

"When one of us suffer, all of us suffers."
—Bush, addressing the Pennsylvania coal miners
Source: The Nation, "W. and the Coal Miners: Photo-op Cover for Anti-worker Policies," David Corn, Aug. 6, 2002

or this one...

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."
Source: United Press International, "Bush Proposes Increase in Education Funds," Mark Kukis, Feb. 21, 2001

Bush's inability to speak the english language is legendary, and there are so many examples.  But then, there are lots of others who can't.  But an illiterate and grammatically challenged president?  An ignorant president?  Problamatical at best.

Check for new replies or respond here...